Life Motto: do you have one?

Do you have a motto, a quote, a phrase, something like that you apply to your life? Some of the greatest minds have given us great guidance with simple quotes, and many have said they can sum their life philosophies up into a single phrase. "Life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced." - Soren Kierkegaard "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder." - Henry David Thoreau "The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large." - Confucius
@pjmurphy (855)
"In all things give thanks".
A great one! I have a sticker in my planner this week that says "hem your blessings with thankfullness so they don't unravel" Being thankful is something that keeps me in a good mood.
@pjmurphy (855)
@fivecandles That quote is from the Bible. It's always been my favorite verse. There's a line in one of Wendell Berry's novels where one of the characters quotes that verse and then says, "I'm not always able to do this, but those are the right instructions." "
@pjmurphy ...for this is the will of Christ Jesus concerning you. :) I can't remember what year but I do remember that was one of my key verses one year in Bible Drill!
Live and let live would be the main one. I don't bother with what others are doing so much as what I am doing.
That is a good one; seems like it is a mutual respect kind of philosophy.
@fivecandles That is what I like the best I find many people are so concerned about others when all they need to do is worry about themselves. The world would be better and safer.
Wake up alive.
I like it!
• Walnut Creek, California
@innertalks I hope not to be!
@TheHorse Me too!!
Live every day like it's your last
• Walnut Creek, California
I'd be in Paris looking for a French woman to kiss. But I have to teach, dang it!
Face, tolerate and endure.
@boiboing (13212)
• Northampton, England
Remember that we're here for a good time, not a long time.
@innertalks (4998)
"fullness empties out emptiness every-time." When I feel empty and bored, I try to do something, anything. Activity fills the void.
• Walnut Creek, California
A good one.
@TheHorse Thanks.
@Tracy04 (12033)
Yup I do. "Courage is more stronger than strength".
This one I have on our fridge: When the world says, give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
• Walnut Creek, California
All good quotations. The Plato one in your picture is the basis of my teaching, especially with little ones. Albert Bandura calls it "modeling." A favorite random one that guides me: Questioner: How are we to treat others? Ramana Maharshi: The are no others.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" -Philippians 4:13