Worried his toe or foot will be amputated....

Perth, Australia
If you have been following my posts lately, you will know that my dad isn't well and has an infected toe. It is very red, swollen and bleeding along with the top of his foot being red and swollen. He has diabetes too. My dad is finally going to the doctors tomorrow at 11:15am. Which is great but I'm very very angry that this was not done like 4 or 5 days ago. I just spoke to my dad and he said he was expecting the worst. Even I am worried that he might have to get something amputated. He said that there are no red streaks going up his legs. So no sign of the infection going through the veins or whatever. Don't know if that makes this situation better. And I can't tell if he really expects the worst because he is afraid of hearing the worst or if he is expecting the worst because he knows for sure how serious this is. I feel sick to my stomach, feel numb but want to cry. I know the only thing we can do is just wait to hear what the doctor says but is there anything you guys know about this stuff? Does it sound like we will be hearing something so awful about him tomorrow? We are just hoping it will be something simple like him being given the correct antibiotics for this. Has medicine become better in regards to something like this? Or should I just expect the worst like my dad is? I don't know. I'm frustrated. I'm angry. I'm upset. I feel trapped, sad and worried. Trying to do whatever I can to pass the time. It's almost 5:30pm here. Appointment is at 11:15am tomorrow. So still bit of time to find out the answer.
@WorDazza (10972)
• Manchester, England
Hopefully it won't come to anything as serious as amputation. Whatever happens though this should serve as a massive wake up call for your Dad! I know it's easy to say this but worrying isn't going to change the outcome so please try not to make yourself even more ill over this!
• Perth, Australia
@WorDazza I feel like saying something like that to my dad because nothing stopped him from going to seek medical help much earlier. I know and you are right. I'm trying my best to not be a worry wart and stress over something I can not control. Best I can do it try to keep myself occupied.
@WorDazza (10972)
• Manchester, England
@VivaLaDani13 If everything works out OK then that would be the time to read the riot act to your Dad. He may not care enough about himself to seek medical attention a.s.a.p. but he needs to understand the effect this sort of thing has on you.
Hope everything will be fine, but yeah I would be worried too, just try to be calm and, hope for the best.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Thank you dude. I hope everything will be fine too.
@responsiveme (22886)
Lots of good medicines.don't worry in advance
• Perth, Australia
@responsiveme I hope you're right. Hoping it is only medicine that he will need and nothing more serious. And will try hard not to worry.
He had to go to the ER and not wait 5 days, infections can be a serious matter. Anyway do not feel so stressed, I am sure they can stop the infection without the need to amputate.
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck Thank you for your answer. Sadly it did have to get amputated immediately. It was gangrenous.
@VivaLaDani13 I have read your other discussions, I am very sorry
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck Thank you. Sorry I'm still catching up with my posts in order. I see I have more answers from you there. Thank you very much for all your support through this.
@moffittjc (48938)
• Gainesville, Florida
I know you've been so worried about your dad, but you also got to remember to take care of yourself as well. You'll be no help to your dad at all if you end up becoming incapacitated due to so much worry over his illness. Just rest easy in the fact that we live at a great point in the history of mankind in that we have access to the most advanced medical technology ever known to man. I'll be keeping you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us all posted once he finishes up with his doctor appointment.
• Perth, Australia
@moffittjc Thank you for your answer! I am doing whatever I can to make myself ok. Am struggling a tab but not as much as when this first started. And thank you very much!
@moffittjc (48938)
• Gainesville, Florida
@VivaLaDani13 I know with everything going on you have been focusing mostly on your dad, but don't forget to also take some time for yourself. Even soaking in a nice, hot bubble bath can be very therapeutic.
• Perth, Australia
@moffittjc oh that sounds really nice! Hot bubble bath! I have been wanting to read one of Martin Short's books too so that might be nice to read in the bath. And have some laughs.
@moonandstars (10651)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Shut these second thoughts, if you can. The first goal has been accomplished, he's going.
• Perth, Australia
@moonandstars Oh I tried lol believe me. He is in the hospital now with one less toe. It had to be done. He is slowly improving which is good for now.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@VivaLaDani13 I'm glad that he's improving and, all thanks to you. You did well
• Perth, Australia
@moonandstars Aw thank you!
@id_peace (8766)
IIRC as long as it is not black, i think it should be fine.
• Perth, Australia
@id_peace It was black. And now I can say I know what rotting flesh smells like!
@id_peace (8766)
It does not sound good Dani
• Perth, Australia
@id_peace Yeah it was horrible.
Well, I do not have any experience with this health issue, but I think all you can do is try to find things to do until the appointment time arrives. If you can redirect your attention by doing something that is unemotional, like a walk, listen to music, read a book, clean the house, the time will go more quickly. And, there is no need for saying anything negative to your dad at this time. He knows he may have messed up. I would instead compliment him on his making a decision to finally get help.
• Perth, Australia
@Corbin5 Thank you for your answer. I definitely have no intention on throwing this back in my dad's face. He knows he left this way too late and it has opened his eyes on being more healthy now too which is a good thing.
@Mavic123456 (17606)
• Thailand
Hope that he will be okay, your feelings are valid, cry if you like to cry, be angry if you like to be.. This is to release your frustrations. but i hope you won't nag or blame your dad. Dads are always like that, they are stubborn and will never show weakness but truth is, he needs your support and understanding now. So hopefully it won't be that serious.
• Perth, Australia
@Mavic123456 Nah I won't nag him or anything. My Nan ( his mum ) has done it here and there but I have not. What's done is done and best we can do is move forward and hoping the best for him.
@Mavic123456 (17606)
• Thailand
@VivaLaDani13 good girl. yes, what's done is done. so that right if he is okay now for sure he will be careful next time.
@didinedhia (1995)
• Algeria
oh im sorry , i hope every is okay??? hope he will hill soon !!!!! god be with you , yes he should go to the doctor
• Perth, Australia
@didinedhia Thank you very much. He is ok. I can say that at least but he definitely could be better. He is still in the hospital.
• Algeria
@VivaLaDani13 thank god he is okay!!! god be with you
I do wish he would go to the hospital and have it looked at immediately. With an infections a day makes a difference. Being a diabetic makes it all the worse. I will be praying for him and do hope that it is just a matter of getting some antibiotics.
• Perth, Australia
@Happy2BeMe I wish he could have gone way earlier too. But what's done is done. Now just hoping his foot can be saved and he can come out of hospital a healthy man. Thank you for your answer and support! I really appreciate it a lot!
@VivaLaDani13 I wish him all the best with his recovery.
@Shiva49 (15065)
The doctor should know the reality of this sad situation. Amputation is done only when really necessary - siva
• Perth, Australia
@Shiva49 Amputation was definitely necessary in this situation.
my husband has the same problem.his feet were going bad-i got him some CBD oil,and now they're starting to heal.i kid you not.nothing big pharma threw at him worked as well.
• Perth, Australia
@scarlet_woman That doesn't surprise me because I hear a lot of things that aren't being sold in pharmacies work well but it's kept from us. Governments love their money! I am so happy to hear about your husband's feet! That is great news!
• Lenox, Georgia
Heavenly Father I thank you for loving @Vivaladani13 and her dad. Lord, I ask for healing right now in his toe and I ask for comfort for them both in the situation. Father I pray that you shine on them with your love and peace right now. Thank you Lord for your love, mercy and grace in all circumstances. In Jesus name I pray, Amen! I know it's really hard but try not to worry as that doesn't add a second to your life or do anything good at all. No matter what God's got it.
• Perth, Australia
@LovingMyBabies Thank you Jennifer. His toe did get amputated and he has been in hospital ever since. Doctors are trying to save his foot and keep my dad healthy.
@Sreekala (26314)
There will be good treatment for sure. Diabetics and getting a wound anywhere in the body is bad. Just think the positive side alone in mind, it can do some miracles. Our mind is the most powerful thing.
• Perth, Australia
@Sreekala I think it can be. But it doesn't help every situation I know that for sure. Thank you for answering.