Came Home to a Police Car, Blocking My Driveway

@kobesbuddy (63653)
East Tawas, Michigan
When I got home this morning, there was a city police car blocking my driveway. Well actually, this gentleman in a brown suit was only blocking 2/3 my driveway, so I didn't get angry and tell his off! Instead, I carefully squeezed through the narrow opening that he had left and parked my vehicle. Nope, I didn't even shake my fist at him or give this nice man one of my grueling, dirty looks! I let him slide this time, but the next time, I'm not sure if I'll let his off the hook Who knows what price he might have to pay, if this little stunt happens a second time?
@Tina30219 (39748)
• Onaway, Michigan
Hopefully it don’t happen again
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I was surprised, the law applies to all the rest of us!
@Tina30219 (39748)
• Onaway, Michigan
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Tina30219 Maybe I should have done a citizen's arrest!
That would anger me and I would have said something.
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I picked up a rock, but then something inside of me said, 'Back off, Barbie!'
I hope this is not going to happen again, I would have asked to move.
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
It wasn't right, but who am I to argue with a police officer?
@kobesbuddy I would have not argued, I would have only asked to move a bit so that I could go into my driveway. I know that here they would have not been offended at all.
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LadyDuck This is why I just squeezed into my driveway and let the man do his job.
Why was he there? Trouble in the neighborhood? He should not be blocking your driveway.
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I imagine, it was a traffic stop. There was another vehicle pulled over, in front of the policeman's car.
@kobesbuddy Oh. lol
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN Probably just a speeder or they hadn't stopped at the corner:(
@moonandstars (10519)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Not cool. Where is the law when you actually need it
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
My daughter had an emergency. She called the police and they never showed up! Why? They were too busy taking care of more important issues! The neighbor dog had come into their yard and killed all of her chickens!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@kobesbuddy That's not right, honestly! So, what happened to the dog; did the owners put him in sleep or?
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@moonandstars When my daughter spoke to the woman she replied, 'Oh well, that's what dogs do!' She never even apologized!
Did you ever find out what it was all about?
• Dallas, Texas
Snowy, I was talking to my older brother last month and he told me his next door neighbor went into labor and the ambulance was parked right out in front of his house and when he tried to ask the paramedic if the lady was okay, he replied, "Move away and don't bother me." My brother replied, "For your information, I know the lady. I am her neighbor and was just concerned that she was alright is all." The paramedic just told him to move away and mind his own business. GMAB!
@lookatdesktop Not a very nice paramedic, but I guess he was feeling stressed.
• Dallas, Texas
@snowy22315 , Well I sure wouldn't have been hanging around while paramedics were at work trying to save a person's life while they were in labor. What was my brother thinking of? I mean, I know not to interfere with police on duty at an accident scene and by the way, yesterday there was a serious accident at the corner, where a street light was knocked completely down and a control box was taken off it's foundation. Good thing we were not around the area, running errands and when we got home the police and emergency crews had already cleaned all the wreckage but that intersection is totally dangerous as people are constantly flooring their accelerator pedals and running the red light. And to top things off, there was an accident in progress half a block from that location of a school bus .
Hope it won't happen again.
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
It wasn't right for him to do this, but I wasn't suppose to notice.
@fluffy69 (2288)
I dont like it too. That is my driveway and it i hit his car, i would pay for his foolishness? No way.
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Nope, it wasn't right and I should have asked him to please move.
@Hate2Iron (9774)
Here's hoping, he won't take up your half!! That would annoy me too!!
Heed the advice of a wise, old woman: Be careful who you poke with a stick!
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, I'm definitely a wise, old woman! I never poke a stick at a man(woman) in a starched uniform!
@kobesbuddy You have learnt a very important lesson and will perhaps live longer because of it!
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JudyEv Fits of anger would only hurt me, a lot more than anyone else.
It would bother me that they were in the way, but i probably wouldnt say anything. They were obviously there for a reason.
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
The cop had a car pulled over, they were probably driving too fast of didn't stop at the stop sign.
• Dallas, Texas
I hate it when that happens. I remember a day in summer of 2016, when the neighbors were having a yard sale and we were coming home from the library and were not able to park. Worse is that we had to park in the next door neighbor's driveway. I got out and politely asked the lady to move her vehicle so we could get in and after we pulled in she had the nerve to ask if she could park behind us! You just can't make this up.
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Some people are so darn selfish and self-centered! All they care about, is what they want!