The Handmaid's Tale

I watched the first season on Hulu way back when. I canceled hulu about a month before the second season was set to come out. I am just now sitting down to watch the second season again. I am hoping I will like it. If I don't? I'll stop watching it. I won't read the book. I almost never read a book that I've watched a movie or t.v. serial about. Have you seen this Hulu Original series? (You can also buy it from amazon, I saw that the other day - prime video)
@Tracy04 (12136)
I don't watch it. Is it like Hawaii 5 O?
Definitely not!! It's set in a dystopian future which has left many women sterile, and where rich and powerful men are in control. In America. But not in Canada, where everybody tries to escape to.
Yes, nowhere near like Hawaii 5 0.
@Tracy04 (12136)
@ScribbledAdNauseum ahh I see.... I'll look into it later.
@moonandstars (10651)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
No but, I was curious about it.
I like the show, but it can be very intense.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I see. Actually, I found some Kdrama and, it's perfect for me right now.
@moonandstars I may have to see if I can find some Kdrama and watch it. I've heard several people talk about it.
I have seen this. Been watching since it started. I watched the first season on Hulu and then canceled it and haven't gone back. I am up to the last disc of the second season watching it on Netflix. It is very good and I can hardly wait to get the last disc and see what happens.
You can get the handmaid's tale through netflix? I guess you do the dvd delivery service?
@ScribbledAdNauseum ......Yes, I have that and I stream some things.
@ScribbledAdNauseum ......I stream afew on Netflix and have been watching some good ones on YouTube as well. I try to stay away from Amazon as much as possible as I fear it has become too big for it's britches.
i have not watched it as i read the book in a minority literature class in college. it wasn't the best book, so won't watch it even if i had hulu.
The series is good, but it's rated M for mature. There are some scenes in it that are grotesque. I haven't read the book and so I won't . I don't read a book when I've seen the movie or t.v. show.
@ScribbledAdNauseum that is what I think i will do, I don't like things for Mature audiences. truthfully i don't remember the book much as that was almost 30 years ago.
@Marty1 Yes, it's been awhile since she wrote the book.
@Poppylicious (10350)
I love it. I have seen both series' and am really looking forward to the third. The trailer is out, but I haven't actually watched it yet. The book is far superior, of course.
I Thought I'd heard somewhere that Margaret Atwood would be writing a sequel to her first book.
@ScribbledAdNauseum She has. I don't think it's on the shelves yet. I can only assume the third season will follow the new book, and that the book covers the events of the second season too. I know she has an input into the programme so it should all balance out somehow!
@Poppylicious I hope so! I don't know if I will ever read her books. I think the characters casted winth show would ruin the book for me.
I saw a couple of episodes..but Hulu wouldn't work right on the Kindle. I couldn't enlarge the screen no matter how hard I tried..so I got rid of it.