No Movie Today

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I warmed up the car and worked at getting the ice off it. I managed to get the ice off the front windshield and the back window. However, the side windows were not yielding. After 45 minutes of warming up the car, and nearly getting frostbite in -17 windchill, I quit. We weren't going anywhere. According to the forecast, we're in a wind chill advisory until 9 AM tomorrow morning before temps increase, with snow again on Sunday. My friend and I are thinking about going to the movie on Monday. I should have the ice off the windows sometime tomorrow. Instead, today has been a bit of TV and working on a book. Now, I'm back checking in with you and will work on my notifications and see how your day is going. We have only one nice day all next week, on Wednesday. All the rest are weather aware days. It looks like Tuesday will be the day with several inches of snow, hopefully making up for all the melted snow before yesterday's rain/ice/snow storm. We didn't get enough snow to plow, which was good. I couldn't have moved the car without seeing where I was going. They'll most likely plow again next Wednesday. That's what's going on here. How about where you live? Thanks for reading.
@CarolDM (15475)
I know you are ready for spring. A cold day here.
@Elizaby (4501)
• Pensacola, Florida
@Carol DM @Just4him doesn't want winter to end any time soon as now they are finally getting the snow she craves for
@CarolDM (15475)
@Elizaby I know she loves the snow but the shoveling would get old I would think.
@Elizaby (4501)
• Pensacola, Florida
@CarolDM Where she lives now she doesn't have to shovel and where I live snowfall is rare but happens every few years
No snow here which makes my friends in Colorado mad. I love the rain.
I'm glad you aren't getting any snow.
Hearing about your efforts to get the ice off your car makes me appreciate my garage all the more.
I wish I had one of the ones they have here, but they're an extra fee, and I'm not paying extra. Besides, they didn't have any available when I moved in. There has only been one home I lived in that had a garage. I do miss it on days like today.
You really got hit with winter this year. Sigh.....
Yes, we did. I can only hope that the rest of it will be nice - lots of snow, no wind chills or ice.
@DianneN We're getting upwards of 16 inches of snow between today and Tuesday. We're getting more on Friday, but I haven't seen those totals yet. I'm very happy.
I went out to see if I could clean the residual ice on the pathway, but it's too slippery. I let the cats have fun with it.
I'm sure they had lots of fun with it.
@just4him It is pouring rain this morning and the snow is melting, no more fun.
@cacay1 (33232)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck,Hi? I missed you dear lady. I am so amused of your comment letting the cat to have fun with snow hehehe.
I am really glad that I am in Florida. I do have a sun burn from going to the hot tub but other than that I am enjoying the warm weather.
I'm glad you're enjoying your time in Florida. It's not for me because I normally like winter. Not this winter. I'm hoping the rest of winter will be much better.
@just4him I don't really mind the winter but I have to say that the sunshine most days makes me feel a lot happier.
@BelleStarr Sunshine will do that.
@Janet357 (8466)
Is it true that cold countries suffer from extreme heat wave? Which one do you prefer ms. Val? Winter or heat wave? I know both are in their extremities.
I prefer winter. I don't like heat.
@Janet357 (8466)
@just4him yes. Heat can kill in a matter of hours. Here, during summer, a lot of people die.
@Janet357 Severe wind chills and winter weather will do the same.
@Elizaby (4501)
• Pensacola, Florida
Day is going good except for the cold that will keep me from meeting tonight mainly because of my friend Lewis who has a real low immune system due to being a kidney and liver transplant and the medicine he takes to keep from rejection or I would go since it is not bad
I'm sorry Lewis has a low immune system. Sometimes it can't be helped when you stay home. Just listen to the Holy Spirit and have your own worship time.
@Elizaby It's good he did. They're working well for him.
The temps dropped from 79 to 45 today so I am inside for couple days.
I'm glad it's not 45 here. I need my snow. We've had a lot of melt already this year.
At least you got in work on your book.
Yes, I did.
Gosh the weather really impacts on you there. It doesn't disrupt up to the point where we CAN'T go out in it. We might choose not to but that's different to not being able to.
This is the hardest winter I can remember. Even as a kid it wasn't this bad.
• Rupert, Idaho
That's good that you will try to make it there Monday. Sorry to hear about the cold there, -17 is awful.....and I thought the teens, above freezing, were horrendous! We'll be getting some snow this weekend, and chances are on the forecast for the next week.
The wind chill advisory has finally lifted. We're getting snow tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday morning. So far.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him That's good about the wind chill advisory lifting, but sounds like too much snow, except for a person that loves snow lol (not me)
@MommyOfEli2013 There's never too much snow. Too little, yes.
@xander6464 (9463)
• Wapello, Iowa
We have a lot of ice here, too. It was warm for a little while and a lot of snow melted, then before it could drain away, it got cold again and the driveway is like an ice rink.
Be careful.
• Wapello, Iowa
@just4him I am. I go out as little as possible and in a couple of days, it's going to be warm again and it won't even be an issue.
@xander6464 Today we're getting about 5 inches of snow. On Tuesday we're getting upwards of a foot. I don't know what the totals are for Friday's storm. I'm a happy camper.
You already know there's still no snow here, as if there was, I would've been all happy posting about it LOL. we were 40 yesterday and today. with some rain both days too. Sorry you couldn't make it to the movies today. hope you can Monday! and yay for more snow!
Yes, I'm looking forward to at least three days of snow next week.
@jobelbojel (10285)
That is good. I saw my cousin's post last year and they had thick snow in Canada.
I read over my post and wonder what is good. The wind chill was awful standing out in it as long as I did. The ice was thick on the car, and I couldn't get the side windows cleared of ice. It was not good. Canada usually has a lot of snow.
@wolfgirl569 (19028)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad to hear you will get more snow. I know that makes you happy. It is just cold here again. But nothing like you have.
I'm glad it wasn't like here. I hope I've seen the backside of these wind chills now. Yes, we've got a lot of snow days coming next week.
@KristenH (26008)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Stay warm Valerie. It's cold here too in Ohio. I'll be getting a ride for church on Sunday tomorrow night. My day has been okay so far.
I'm glad you're having a good day and will get a ride to church.
@didinedhia (1943)
• Algeria
wow you got alot of snow out there!!!
And getting more this week. It's snowing right now.
• Algeria
@just4him omgggthat is beautifu
@didinedhia Yes, it is.
@aureliah (22468)
• Kenya
That means that you have a lot of snow. What movie will you be watching and how was the last one? I remember reading your discussion
We do have a lot of snow and getting more tomorrow. I went to see Mary Poppins Returns last. Today, my friend and I are going to see A Dog's Way Home.
@aureliah (22468)
• Kenya
@just4him Wow you already watched the new Mary Poppins. Thats great
@aureliah It was wonderful.
@WiseGhots (9993)
What?! No movie?
I couldn't get the windows clear of ice.
@WiseGhots (9993)
@just4him Okay.