Busy Morning

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I got up as usual by 5. Instead of getting on the computer first thing this morning, I decided to change around my living room as the pictures show. I intended to get a nice winter shirt from one of the drawers in the window seat, but the rug was a mess, and I don't like my rugs messed up. I'm rather OCD about my rugs. I couldn't get it straightened out so I moved the green chair out of the way, and the rest is history. It took about three hours to accomplish what those photos show. Yes, the tree is not put away yet, but it's in process. I need the ornament bin my son has so I can take them off the tree and then put the tree away. I also wanted a nice cloth over the coffee table and knew there was a pretty one in the bag of material I had gotten from what used to belong to my mother. It's an eyelet. It was also a large piece of material so it's folded a couple times. The plants still need to be in the window, and I accomplished that as well by placing the end table in front of the window. My friend down the hall gave me a new lamp, seen on top of the corner cabinet. It's nice and bright and does what I needed it to do as the room was dark except over the room table. I also didn't eat before I started working in the living room. So, I wasn't late getting up, just late getting here this morning and late getting something to eat. Have you rearranged any rooms lately? I hope your day is going well. Thanks for reading.
It looks very nice..all those figurines would be toast around here though with the pets running around. Nico could demolish a whole shelf,,just by himself..
I waited until my grandchildren were grown before I really started collecting. My granddaughter destroyed most of my large manger scene when she was four. I was not a happy camper. I never had a problem with my dogs.
I love that clock you have! I have not done any rearranging. However, once I can find another shelf that I like, I am going to give a family member atleast one of the shelves I have. I may do some rearranging after that.
I have two shelves I need to figure out what to do with. They were my parents and I don't want to part with them. I hope you can get another shelf. Thank you. I found it many years ago at Big Lots.
@just4him Is there room in a bathroom or the kitchen for them? You can use one as a pantry and one as extra storage for towels. I don't know what the shelves look like and whether this would work, of course.
@ScribbledAdNauseum They are knickknack shelves like you see on the wall above my TV. The smaller shelf, not like the one directly over the TV.
Everything looks so neat and beautiful! I keep most of my figurines in a curio cabinet. Less to dust.
That's a good place to keep them. I don't have one of those. My sister has the one that used to be my grandparent's before it was my parent's. This picture was taken at Thanksgiving a couple years ago. You can see the curio cabinet behind my nephew - brother's son, and my niece - sister's daughter.
@just4him All beautiful!!!
@DianneN I vainly hoped I would get it, but it's better my sister has it.
we have not.Been awhile.
It takes a lot of energy to rearrange anything, so good you haven't.
@just4him yes it does.
No rearranging going on here.
That's a good thing, I'm guessing.
No but I need to do this very soon.
I hope you can get it done.
Your room looks very nice. I have nothing re-arranged, we have big furniture made to fit the walls, impossible to move them.
That would make it difficult. Thank you.
@just4him You have to call someone who know how to disassemble the furniture, it's not something we plan to do.
@LadyDuck I wouldn't do that either if you need to disassemble it.
It looks so nice and clean! Yes, when the futon got thrown out we had to move the tree and mattress. When we get the new furniture the tree will come down then itll be set up how we want. But nothing else needs to be moved. As of now. Since we have like nothing in the livingroom lol
Thank you. Looks can be deceptive. I didn't vacuum or dust. I'm waiting for the fairies to come and do it for me.
@just4him lol. Maybe theyll do our house to after
@Courtlynn They still haven't shown up. I just might have to do it. I paid out fairy gold dust too for them to do it. I should have paid them after not before.
I have not rearranged a thing in this house for a couple of years. When we first bought it I changed the bedroom around since they had the bed under the window which didn't make sense to me , I moved it across the room.
My bedroom would be hard to move around. I'm glad you were able to do so.
@just4him We have a very large bedroom with a seating area so I can arrange it a few different ways. I think the way I have it is best since it fits best with the cable hookup for the TV.
@BelleStarr That's wonderful you can change it around. I'm glad you have it the way it fits best.
@Elizaby (4501)
• Pensacola, Florida
I would love to rearrange my bedroom which I may do when we take this okd carpet out that my sister is planning on doing in the near future.
I hope you can.
@Elizaby (4501)
• Pensacola, Florida
@just4him I would love to get my queen sized bed away from the wall just a few inches so I can better make up the bed
@Elizaby That would be helpful.
@aureliah (22468)
• Kenya
Changing the look of a room can be quite tiresome. You did a great job there
Thank you. I really like it.
@mayka123 (12005)
I need to rearrange my room. Keep planning but its just not happening.
It took me a couple of months before I actually got it changed.
You must be very proud of yourself, you did a good job. No rearranging here right now, waiting to get more energy.
I am proud of it. It looks so different and makes the room look bigger.
@Janet357 (8466)
You have a cute living room. Looks like you clean each of those small figurines.
I wash them every so often.
Your living room looks lovely. I have a very small and compact living room which I will have to work on tomorrow. I need to make it more comfortable and find a way to get a bit more room. Hope you have a great Sunday.
Thank you. I am having a wonderful Sunday. I hope you can make your living room more comfortable.
Your room looks very nice. You did a good job on that room.
Thank you.
That is a lotta work. I was in the process of loading my car with donations and recycle stuff. I'll head to the recycle center and crisis center on Monday.
It was a lotta work, and I'm glad it's finished. I'm sure it'll feel good to get those donations to the recycle center.
The new arrangement looks good. It's nice to have a change occasionally.
Thank you. Yes, it is.
@didinedhia (1943)
• Algeria
Wow you have an amazing house
Thank you. It's an apartment.
@didinedhia (1943)
• Algeria
Thank you so much .my day was good i think
I'm glad it was.