I thought about it and discovered what was wrong.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I know I wrote about being bored which was why i couldn't wait to go to sleep. after much thought, i realized i am just tired every day no matter how much sleep i get. i go to bed 7-8pm lately. 8 pm last night and slept all night and today until 1 pm this afternoon. (i did get up briefly at 5 am to feed my cat as he was waking me up by touching my face) i have been sleeping all day since the last post i wrote on Wednesday. I am getting frustrated being so exhausted? do you have any suggestions have you ever been so exhausted for weeks like i have been?
Is your bloodwork normal? Do you think it is just depression? My roommate takes a lot of meds and he sleeps alot as well. Sometimes when you oversleep it makes you feel tired even though you are not in need of sleep.
as I told @Njchicaa my blood count is normal but my doctor said not to worry about it as they are never normal for my case. also, don't know what this has to do with my health, but my sodium was too low and had to take two to three extra blood tests last year for it and it wasn't normal at my last December test. my sister told me about too much sleep but i stay up a few hours sometimes and i am still sleepy
• Rupert, Idaho
I wish I had some ideas, or suggestions, but I don't....sorry to hear you are so tired!
I don't know what is wrong. and the thing us i have not taken any Benadryl lately as was prescribed so that can't be making me so tired
• Rupert, Idaho
@Marty1 I am not sure either, my husband sleeps a lot too....not sure why he does either
@MommyOfEli2013 is he on any medication? i think it may be my medication but am not sure
@nela13 (12964)
• Portugal
Are you taking new medication?
not really new. I started to take a new one last October.
@nela13 (12964)
• Portugal
@Marty1 and how long are you feeling exhausted?
@nela13 a few weeks as before that i was manic
Could be depression. Could be anemia. Have you had your thyroid checked lately? Or any other blood work? That much sleep isn't normal.
I see my primary care doctor for a check-up twice a year and full blood tests before that. when i saw him last in October he said my blood count levels weren't normal but he won't worry about that as my levels have not been normal in a long time. i did have to go back for two or three blood tests because my sodium level is too low. the last test was not normal either but he said to wait until April to take another test before i see him again there is a chance it could be depression as i am not really happy i think.
@Marty1 Depression makes people want to sleep a lot. I never thought it made sense when you said you went to bed at like 4 or 5. I go to bed early by most people's standards (8-9 pm) but I get up at 5 am on workdays.
@NJChicaa i think i may be depressed as you said. i have always been a bit depressed with the exception of the months i was manic late last month. I could be depressed as i have not been manic the last couple of weeks but that is when the exhaustion started. Now that i think of it, 4-5 pm is kind of early to go to bed
Like everyone else, I think its either your meds or depression. Talk to your doctor. Or pharmacist (about the meds)
i think it may be depression as i took these same meds when i was unable to sleep. so i am confused?
@Marty1 i wish i was there to actually talk to you. And try to help you. And go to drs with you and make sure youre on what you need to be
@Courtlynn thank you so much. You are truly a kind person. i usually go to my psychiatrist alone. i don't know if i am on the right meds or not. I know i am not talking excessively anymore because of the mood stabilizer so that is something working?
I suggest you speak to your doctor, Jenn.
in two weeks i will talk to my nurse (i don't see her until then) and see if she can see what is wrong or call my case manager on Monday.
@Marty1 Sounds like a good plan.
@DianneN i.am feeling a little better and didn't sleep all night. i have been up since 1am after going to bed at 9pm i watched youtube all night and am waiting for my house cleaners to come at 8am
I have no suggestion there.Never been in this mode.Have you asked for help t here/
i have not asked anybody yet. i just realized it myself today
@Marty1 Okay but you should.Does not look right being like this.
@amadeo i will be sure to do that
@Tina30219 (39748)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sounds like you need to talk to your doctor about this. Or maybe you need some vitamins with iron
not sure about the vitamins. I am on a B12 vitamin so i wonder if that is the same? i talked to my nurse about it, but she didn't seem to take me seriously
@Tina30219 (39748)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Marty1 That is not good she did not take you serious. No the b12 would not be the same. I would talk to a pharmacist they can recommend you something
@Tina30219 i may ask the pharmacist as i don't want to just take anything with all my meds in me
@Marty1 You must be very tired. I do not sleep good at night. I wake up to check the time and go to the bathroom.
very tired. i wake up several times but have been going back to.bed after checking time. i.don't usually have to go to the bathroom though.
@Marty1 I also wak up several times too.
I have never been exhausted for an extended period of time. My issue would be not being able to sleep. I think only your doctor could help you with it. Perhaps the medication you take is a factor.
medication can be a factor, perhaps. I know i no longer take Benadryl as that to make me sleep. I may try to take some of my Prolixin at 1 pm as they gave it to me at that to me that way in the hospital until i couldn't sleep, maybe i will start that way tomorrow? thank you so much for your wise advice!
@Hate2Iron (9774)
It is something that I would definitely follow up on. A series of tests should show something that is missing from your blood work!
when i told somebody who could help me they didn't take me seriously
I know people with depression sometimes sleep a lot but I don't have any other ideas.
i think it may be depression, too. i am not sure though.
This time of year many people suffer from depression. Maybe you should seek help and get checked out to make sure things are okay.
thank you for the suggestion, bit i have a lot of help. i see a case manager two or three times a month, a psychiatric nurse every two weeks for an injection and a psychiatrist every few months. (not sure about how often as the nurse tells me when i need to see him the next time i see her) i think i may be depressed, i thought about that in the past few weeks, but am not sure
I wonder if it is a medication.
that is what i wonder also. i know i have some heavy doses of a couple of my meds
@Nana49 (1224)
I go to bed around 10 or 11 pm and try and be up between 6 and 8 am .. Sometimes if im.tired ill go back to bed for a short time .. But working on a routine of being up.at 6am and stay up ..
you are lucky you can stay up. I went to bed about 8 pm last night and was sleeping with the exception of my cat waking me and i went back to bed until 1 this afternoon. Have a great day today!
Do you have insomnia at all or anything? For me, I had a lot of trouble sleeping for the last 6 months until my work schedule changed in January. BUT what helps is a strenuous exercise before sleep, and also melatonin for me. All the best to you.
I used to have insomnia and took Benadryl for it. I stopped taking that. I used to take melatonin. Isn't that supposed to make one sleepy? I don't need anything to make me be sleepier. What does exercise before bed do for you? thank you for your help
@didinedhia (1943)
• Algeria
yes you should eat healthy food and walk alot , it will make you feel so good during the day and sleepy during the night!!!
@dya80dya (10305)
You are too exhausted. Can you sleep at 7 or 8 pm? It's too early.
@Nevena83 (13755)
• Serbia
You should drink magnesium.