Back to basics for The Horse

Walnut Creek, California
I spent today hanging out with two musician friends. We went to Guitar Center and had electronics put in one of their guitars. Then we drove drove to Berkeley, took care of some business there, and had some lunch at a Mediterranien restaurant. After that, we went to one of they guys' houses, sipped Scotch, and practiced some songs we do together. Back at the home front, I have started two new pairs of guitar sound hole coasters. One is stained with red mahogany and the other is stained (after I took the picture shown) with a new kind of dark walnut. Now, I am drinking beer and relaxing. It's raining out, no music is on, and probably won't go out. What was your day like?
@myklj999 (23408)
• Olney, Illinois
I thought I was gonna take a nice drive and visit some record shops I had never been to before, but I got sidetracked after recalling what someone told me 16 years ago...and ended up picking up a bit over 210 albums from a guy that had them sitting in a shed outside since 2003. I swear someday I will stop buying.
@WiseGhots (9992)
Are you a compulsive buyer, @myklj999? Haha!
@myklj999 (23408)
• Olney, Illinois
@WiseGhots Nope, but I got these for about 70 cents each. Gonna be busy cleaning and cataloging them for a few weeks.
@WiseGhots (9992)
@myklj999 I'm sorry... Did you say 70 cents EACH?
Rain makes a wonderful kind of music. You had a busy day. My day was good. I got the ice off my car windows and changed around my living room.
• Walnut Creek, California
I may change my living room around as well. Did you have help? My couch is heavy!
@TheHorse No, I didn't have help. It would have been nice, but no one to help.
• Walnut Creek, California
@just4him I hope your back is happier than mine is now and then.
@spiderdust (8094)
• San Jose, California
I saw the thumbnail in the list of posts and thought, "Oh, The Horse is making coasters again!" My day yesterday was pretty tiring. Today is a bit better.
• Walnut Creek, California
I'm glad you can relax a bit today. You've reminded me. I could put another coat of polyurethane on the darker pair, and see if I'm done staining the lighter pair.
• San Jose, California
@TheHorse Show us a picture of them when they're all finished! I'm interested to see the differences between the red mahogany and the dark walnut.
• Walnut Creek, California
@spiderdust I will! I'll add some "poly" to both now, and add felt bottoms after a couple more coats.
It's Sunday and I'm being lazy. I went to early church (8 am service) and then spent a couple of hours designing a quilt label for my sister (I'm relatively new to machine embroidery so the simplest tasks take me FOREVER).
• Walnut Creek, California
Leaning curve. I did harvest some redwood bark today, for a friend, but I want to get needles too.
@TheHorse VERY steep learning curve.
It's also raining here, I feel lazy and sleepy, I am staying at home for sure.
• Walnut Creek, California
It's sunny and cool here today. I will try to get that cycle in.
@TheHorse It has rained all the day, it's already 6:20 pm, I am going nowhere today.
@TheHorse So what are you going to do with your coasters? My day is ok.
• Walnut Creek, California
I usually give them to music friends when I first visit their house. I'm also sending a pair to my cousin's house in NY. My cousin's grand-kids like to play with them when they visit.
@TheHorse Great ideas.
@moonandstars (10519)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Same as Saturday before
• Walnut Creek, California
Well, that can be a good thing!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@TheHorse I think so!
@noni1959 (4298)
Sounds like you had a nice day out and now a nice night at home. I went to Lowe's for supplies and worked on my mini cabin.
• Walnut Creek, California
Sounds fun. Do you have a picture?
@noni1959 (4298)
@TheHorse I have photos in various stages of disarray. I need much more done inside. Here is the outside. Once I have the counters put on, painting and floors done I will take a photo but it will be awhile.
We're fixing doors in the caravan cupboards but we're just about there now.
• Walnut Creek, California
Do they ay "Measure twice, cut once" in Australia?
@TheHorse Yes they do and now we're older we even say measure three times. And then we write it down as well. It's getting pretty sad.
@wolfgirl569 (19028)
• Marion, Ohio
Except for chores I stayed inside.
• Walnut Creek, California
Is it still cold there?
@wolfgirl569 (19028)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheHorse High 20s today. Not bad for here.
@crossbones27 (23472)
• Redlands, California
Rain was not to bad today. See any neat guitars you like? I imagine like heaven on earth for someone like you until they tell you the price.
• Walnut Creek, California
We saw a used Collings D-1 that was only $2500. It was a great guitar, and each of us considered buying it. But I just (a year ago) bought a similar Martin D-18 and am happy with it. If I were "rich" and had more space for a "collection" I'd buy the Collings.
• Redlands, California
@TheHorse Are the walls of your place littered with guitars or just a certain spot?
@kanchan10 (3670)
• Kolkata, India
So you have a great time with friends. Though I am not a musician but try to spend my time with friends and have fun.
• Walnut Creek, California
It was fun, but by the end of the day, I was glad to have some time to myself.
It also was gray and rainy. Just worked on the PC. I was feeling rather tired today so I had an afternoon nap. Hope you have a good night and a great Sunday.
• Walnut Creek, California
My fiends and I took a walk around Berkeley after lunch. It was our "exercise" for the day. I hope to cycle or hike tomorrow.
A long day here, I worked one job, then the other and I came back and worked on cleaning land, by hand, till dark. Its just cold here now, no rain.
• Walnut Creek, California
I hope you feel more productive than pooped.
@WiseGhots (9992)
It was a quite day, Horse.
• Walnut Creek, California
Mine? Or yours?
@WiseGhots (9992)
@TheHorse Mine.
• Walnut Creek, California
@WiseGhots Do tell. Mine was benign.
@FourWalls (17552)
I see you've been in my Bigelow tea stash.....
• Walnut Creek, California
Sorry. Constant Comment and a couple of others are my favorites. I think I keep old match boxes in there now. But thanks.