Snow Won't Keep Me Home

Green Bay, Wisconsin
It's snowing. They're calling for 4-5 inches today. The weatherman said it wouldn't start before 11 AM. Last night they said 9 AM. They were both wrong. It started at 7 AM. Last night I finally got the ice scraped off my windows so I could go to church this morning. I really should have worn my boots. There wasn't a lot on the car when I left, but there was at least an inch covering the car when I left church this morning. It felt good to be back. I know I only missed one week, but it felt like forever when I walked in this morning. No, snow won't keep me home when the church doors are open. I also found there is someone who lives only a couple blocks from me. She told me to let her know if I ever need a ride to church again. She's part of the music ministry so needs to be an hour early. I told her that was fine. So, if this car doesn't cooperate in the future, I have a ride to church. The only thing I worried about through the service was whether I remembered to turn on the crockpot. I made a roast. Not to worry. I could smell it as soon as I opened the door to the building. It's darn good too. Though I should have waited at least another hour as the potatoes aren't 100% done yet or the carrots but they're enough to eat it. Yum! It's always a blessing to be in God's house. I also got my hugs. Despite the weather, there were a lot of people there, and even some that shouldn't have been. If you pray, pray for the nation of Haiti which is on high alert and sent a high-security message to the missions team due to leave on Friday night. They were told not to go. There is a lot of unrest in that tiny country right now. That's what's happening here. I just took the picture. It's coming down steady. It's light snow, so easy to shovel.
@CarolDM (15476)
Good for you, stay safe out there.
The roads are slippery, but if you go slow, it's good.
@CarolDM (15476)
I am glad you got to church and you have a way to go if need be.
Thank you. I'm very happy she's close by.
You enjoyed a happy morning.
Yes, I did. I got lots of hugs.
Glad you made it to church. That ride offer will come in handy if needed. Poor Haiti. Sending prayers.
I'm glad things are back to normal. Yes, it's good to know I'll still get to church if the car decides it doesn't want to run. I'm planning to get it tuned up this week, if possible. Thank you for the prayers for Haiti.
@Hate2Iron (9775)
Sending thoughts and prayers for Haiti too!!
Thank you. They need it.
@wolfgirl569 (19029)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you made it to church and are getting more snow. Hadnt heard anything about Haiti
Thank you. It felt good to be back. I hadn't either until I got to church and saw he was here instead of there.
• Agra, India
Ohh...I thought it had stopped showing everywhere.
What stopped showing everywhere?
• Agra, India
@just4him sorry... I meant snowing
@amitkokiladitya Oh, okay. No, it snowed until after I got up this morning. The sun is out now.
@aureliah (22468)
• Kenya
That is some good spirit you have there. Nothing should keep you home God willing
It normally doesn't.
Prayers going out for Haiti.
Thank you.
@WiseGhots (9997)
That's a lot of now, Valerie.
I could use more.
Poor Haiti, they have nothing, only problems.
• Rupert, Idaho
That's good that the snow won't keep you stuck inside! Just hope that the roads weren't too awful!
@Janet357 (8466)
It is really terrible when the weather is too hot and too cold. But thankfully you have a very nice neighbor who offered you a free service to the church.
@mayka123 (12005)
Its good you manage to go inspite of the heavy snow.
I do hope the mission team will be safe. That is very worrying.
Glad to hear it. Just be very careful driving and look out for those who think they're invincible in the snow.
Glad that you are back home safe and warm and eating delicious food. I heard something was going on in Haiti right now, but do not have too much details.
I'm glad you got it scrapped off, and that someone said that they'd help you get to church when it's needed. That was very kind of them. Mmm roast and potatoes! Such a great winter meal! Hope we can get a roast soon. P.s Snow pictures are the best pictures!!
Be carefyl when you drive in the snow. I used to just stay home.
That is a really nice shot but boy am I glad it's in a photo and not here where I am