Monday's Ramblings....

Hello friends. Another Monday, another workweek begins. I am part time at my job and this week I will actually dip down below 40 hours for the week. I am happy for that. I will only have to work 32 hours this week. I will work today, but will enjoy tomorrow off. Tonight we are expecting a winter storm consisting of snow, freezing rain and possibly rain. Things will be messy tomorrow, I am glad that I will be able to stay in tomorrow if I so choose to.
Really good timing on the day off this week, I keep track of our Connecticut weather as well and they are expecting freezing rain and snow Tuesday afternoon.
I have to say that I think that we have had about as much ice this year as we have had snow. It has been such an odd winter.
@Juliaacv Yes Connecticut too, I think really the weather pattern is very similar. Stay warm and safe.
@BelleStarr , Expecting just about the same here.
@Nevena83 (13755)
• Serbia
I'm glad you're doing less. It just started to rain here.
Thanks. Having less hours might help me feel a little better.
@Nevena83 (13755)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv Yes, I believe that this change will appeal to you.
No more snow here, it's even warm but the wind is very very strong.
We had a slight dusting of snow over night last night, but tonight will be another snow and ice event. I want to say that we have had about as much ice this winter as we have had snow. It has been such an odd winter.
@Juliaacv The temperature is warm (9º Celsius), but there is a cold strong wind now.
@LadyDuck Our wind is damp, it is out of the East right now, and that means that there is bad weather coming. It should start in a few more hours as freezing rain.
I would rather work less than more, probably why I don't have any money...lol.
Me too. For the most part I have always worked part time. My husband is very old-fashioned and doesn't think its necessary for me to work at all, but part time fits our life style more then full time does.
@Juliaacv Yes, me too, I have only had a few full time jobs. I couldn't take them after awhile and had to drop back to PT.
@snowy22315 I think that its easier on a woman to work just part time and then keep up the house and the budget and everything that goes along with that, as well as raising the family. Its not a very glorious job, and there is no pension, but there are such warm moments over the course of a lifetime that full time work would never ever be able to fulfill.
32 hours is still a pretty busy work week. Hope it doesn't get too bad weather-wise for you. We're expecting the same nasty weather here too
I agree that 32 hours is still a lot, more then I want or need. I will continue to look for something with less hours but the same pay, and I'm having trouble finding another employer that can match my wages and offer me part time. Stay safe tomorrow.
Glad that you won't have to go in the mess tomorrow. Enjoy the day at your pace.
Thanks, and you stay in and stay warm and safe too. I don't want to think of anything happening to you out on that ice.
At least you have your day off to look forward to.
I like working, but I like my days off also, and not just the weekends. Just a few less hours works best for me and our lifestyle.
we also get this Tuesday night. Yes if you do not need to get out in this messy weather
Last Monday night we had a similar weather event, Tuesday was very icy. I was off that day also, and enjoyed not having to go out. Am I getting old or what???
@Sheali (3824)
Stay in and relax
Those are my exact plans for tomorrow.
@HazySue (26681)
It sounds like fate planned out your schedule. With the heavy snow and such coming on your day off you won't have to trudge through it to get to work.
The really strange thing is that I had last Tuesday off and we had a snow and ice event on that day also.
@HazySue (26681)
@Juliaacv It looks like Mother Nature wants to keep you inside.
@HazySue Especially on Tuesdays she does!
@moffittjc (48862)
• Gainesville, Florida
It has gotten rather warm here in Florida, almost feels like spring is hitting us early this year. We're already seeing the pollen blanket everything in a coat of yellow.
We usually get our worst winter storms during the month of February.
@moffittjc (48862)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Juliaacv That's usually when we get ours as well. But so far it's been very mild here, other than being warm.
@nela13 (12964)
• Portugal
After a storm You will stay better at home
Thanks, I will stay in and be all cozy and warm and enjoying myself as I myLot.
@nela13 (12964)
• Portugal
@Juliaacv good plan
So glad you'll get to stay home instead of go out in that mess. Hope todays a good day for you.
Thanks, I hope so too. I will work today, but stay home tomorrow. Then I have 2 days to work again and am off on Friday.
@Juliaacv aw you have to work on valentines
I know you'll be pleased to go to part-time now. It seems to have taken a long time.
It has taken a long time, I just have my 3 months in today.
@Elizaby (4501)
• Pensacola, Florida
Glad you won't have to get out in that mess tomorrow, It has been overcast and foggy for most of the day here so far and with the cold I got I am not getting out in it
Hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow.
I’m glad that you won’t have to go out in the nasty weather.
Thanks, I'm a scared cat when it comes to going out in the icy weather.
We got a ton of snow here, but mom was able to get out easy, because it's only the powdery kind.
The powdery kind of snow usually means that its quite cold. Our snow will be wet and ice-covered and basically just really really messy.
It is great that you will stay at home tomorrow avoiding the winter storm.
I was very thankful to be able to stay at home because that weather was terrible on that day.
Stay safe and warm and hope that the storm passes quickly.
Thank you. I woke up just a little while ago and its snowing out, it looks really pretty, its light. We have not had any ice as of yet, but we should see ice pellets coming soon and then around 10am we should be receiving freezing rain. All of the school buses in the region have been cancelled.
I am glad you are off tomorrow.
Thanks, I love having a day off during the week. We have light fluffy snow falling currently, but no ice as of yet. The ice pellets should start in another hour or so and then around 10am it is supposed to transition over to freezing rain. Oh I hope that they are wrong on this forecast.