My Heart Is Broken

https://pixabay.com/en/heart-broken-love-pain-1632916/
@HazySue (26681)
Last year a very dear friend and neighbor died of heart failure. She was a wonderful person who would give you the shirt off her back. Anyway, she took pride in her home and loved to be surrounded by beautiful things. After she passed away the house was bought by someone who wanted to rent it out and make money. A couple came along and rented the house with all the furniture. They trashed the place. It didn't take them long to turn it into a dump. The pool rapidly turned green, the yard became a scraggly mess, and we could not even imagine how the inside looked, They obtained 5 dogs ranging in size that were left alone for hours at a time. Last week the electric was turned off for non-payment and the next day they were gone. They took off in the night with what they could fit in the trunk of the car. The owner flew down to see what was going on and was greeted with a house full of garbage, broken furniture and dog feces. Not only that the beautiful tile floor had been broken up and taken out of the house piled next to our property line. It would have broken my dear friends heart if she had seen it like this. It certainly did mine. Why in the world would anyone do this to a lovely house, to any house?
That is so heartbreaking. I don't understand people like that. They have no respect for anybody or anything.
@HazySue (26681)
I have never have understood people like that.
That is so very heart-breaking. Do you know what the owners plan on doing after they clean up the mess left behind? Its too bad that they don't have a young family member starting out that they could rent it to until they save enough to buy their own home.
@HazySue (26681)
I talked to the owner an he said after he fixes it up he will be selling it. It was his first adventure into renting and he has already had enough.
@HazySue would he be able to restore it to how it was when he bought it?
@HazySue (26681)
@hereandthere He would but it will take a lot more money than it is worth.
What a shocking thing to do to a house that isn't yours. It would really put you off renting out a place.
@HazySue (26681)
What happened to that owner has made him change his mind about renting. We no longer rent out our houses. We have sold them and gotten out of the renting business. There are too many people who just plain don't care what they do to your property.
@HazySue (26681)
@JudyEv It really is a shame.
I don't understand how people have little or no respect for someone else's property. I hope the owner finds them and sues them for the property damages.
That is so horrible. I feel bad for your friend even though she is not here anymore, maybe she sees it all.
@HazySue (26681)
@marlina It was such a beautiful house. She would be heart-broken.
@HazySue , I am sure she would be.
What a bummer. I'll bet the new owner isn't too thrilled about this either but wasn't making it a rental the intention?
@HazySue (26681)
It was. He has decided to no longer rent it out. He will be selling it once he gets it back in decent condition.
Looks like he won't make much of a profit on it @HazySue
@HazySue (26681)
@rebelann I think he will end up losing money.
@CarolDM (15475)
That is too bad. Some people just do not care. Period.
@HazySue (26681)
No they don't. I don't understand how anyone would want to live that way.
@CarolDM (15475)
@HazySue There are so many things I don't understand Susan, and I will never get answers.
@HazySue (26681)
@CarolDM I guess it's true what they say "Life is a mystery".
@sallypup (31238)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That's just criminal. We sold our last house. I am a gardener who sprawls edible plants on the land available. I had planted four apple trees in the front yard. I do not have the heart to drive by that house cause I think the new people took out all the lively landscape and grassed it over. Just nasty.
@HazySue (26681)
23h
It is criminal. I will never understand it. I think I would be thrilled if someone had made a lovely landscape like that.
@sallypup (31238)
• Moses Lake, Washington
23h
@HazySue Exactly. Same with that house that we sold: I don't understand folks who can't appreciate apple trees and raspberries and such.
@1creekgirl (14157)
I'm glad your friend didn't have to see that. Some people have no class, let alone plain good manners. I hope they get caught.
@HazySue (26681)
I am glad she didn't see it either. As far as the3m getting caught I doubt that they will. Many times they use false4 info to get them into the houses.
@1creekgirl (14157)
@HazySue That's such a shame.
• Preston, England
terrible way to treat a house - hope the next occupants treat it with more respect
@HazySue (26681)
Th4ey probably will treat it better. They will be the new owners.
• Preston, England
@HazySue most people do try to keep their homes ok
@Nevena83 (13755)
• Serbia
Oh, that's terrible. There are so many evil people in this world.
@HazySue (26681)
I don't understand it. People used to take pride in where they lived.
@Nevena83 (13755)
• Serbia
@HazySue Incredibly.
That's so terrible! Shame on them for being filthy and not caring for anothers property. Good they're gone! But jeez too little too late!
@HazySue (26681)
Some people have no respect for themselves or for other people's property.
@HazySue sure don't! unfortunately.
OMG! How awful! The new owner should have checked up on the house more often.
@HazySue (26681)
He lives out of state. He has someone who was supposed to keep track of what was going on. He no longer is employed.
@fluffy69 (2289)
Because they dont care as it is not theirs. Sometimes this is the disadvantage of renting out your property to someone who doesnt know how to care.
@HazySue (26681)
I think that it is harder these days to find good renters who will pay on time and take care of the house they are living in.
It is very sad indeed.For sure she is not happy to see that if it was me I feel the same way and very devastated.
@HazySue (26681)
It is a sad state of affairs when someone seems to go out of their way to destroy a home.
Some people have no respect for other peoples belongings or property. These are just awful people and I can tell you that your friend knows about this and she is not happy at all but what can you do. Hopefully, the place can be fixed up and the next people will take good care of it. I would have been thrilled to have moved into a place that was ready to be lived in.
@HazySue (26681)
I think many people would have been happy to move into a place like this. Now it is sad looking inside. I can't even guess at how much it will take to fix it back up.
@Hate2Iron (9774)
That is soooo sad. How can people act like this?
@HazySue (26681)
I think there are many people who have lost respect for themselves and for others.
I can imagine your friends would have been saddened by what happened to their once beautiful house. Getting that house back in shape will take such a long time.
@HazySue (26681)
It will take a lot of time and money. I just don't understand this kind of behavior.
that is so sad.No respect there.so sorry.
@HazySue (26681)
I am just glad that the outside is not as bad as the inside. It is sad indeed.
@sugartoes (45279)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I KNOW the feeling all too well as someone did our place we sold it too & after they left & we went back it was a REAL heart breaker to say the LEST that's why I don't rent or sell I just rather walk away & leave it to the OTHER people to deal with.
@HazySue (26681)
We had former renters tear up a home when they were made to move out for non payment of rent. We sold it as is for much less than it was worth. It is one of the reasons we no longer rent out homes.
@hereandthere (34707)
how long did they stay? it makes you wonder about the finances or source of income of the renters. i feel bad for the new owner. whatever they earned from rent will go to clean up and repairs.
@HazySue (26681)
They were there for just over 5 months. They were so far behind in rent and utilities that they were being evicted.