A Car For Everyone

@UncleJoe (12162)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
When I was a kid it wasn’t difficult to remember all the car names on the road. Although some models are no longer made, there now seems to be a vehicle for every individual use. It has been said that your car is an extension of a driver’s personality. You transportation determines who you are. Whatever your direction in life, is a jalopy with you in mind. Some names can cause us to wonder. Vision, Eclipse, Mirage? Vision: Something to see. Eclipse: Something we’re not suppose to look at. Mirage: Something you’re not really looking at! Now cars indicate where they are to be driven, from downtown to way out in the sticks. Metro, and a little farther out, Surburban, little more, Town Car. For those who can’t make up their mind, Town&Country. Keep going and you can drive a Villager. Getting away from civilization you can have an Outback or Yukon. If that ain’t far enough, how about Mercury and Saturn? The idea is to get a car that fits your individual need. If you’re hitting the road for parts unknown you might want a pathfinder of Trailblazer. If you’re a lonely person, you need an Escort, Amigo, or Sidekick. If you want to leave the country, get a Passport. If you can’t concentrate, buy a Focus. And for last, if you’re in a bad marriage, you need an Escape. What do you drive?
I love this! I have a retired P.T. Cruiser, it has over 300,000 miles and still runs! But I needed a more reliable car so I bought a used Soul to haul around a sickly soul to the doctor. I gave away my Legacy to my sister.
@andriaperry my parents have had two PT cruisers and one they still own and drive.
@andriaperry yuck probably no way to get that smell out
Awesome discussion!!! I drive three of our 4 cars and sometimes the Prius.
@UncleJoe (12162)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
What do those cars say about you @DianneN ? Mine says, "We're outta gas!"
@UncleJoe . It's my husband's car, and it says he's environmentally conscious. I drive three gas guzzlers. A Lexus, another Lexus, and a Mercedes hard top convertible, but I do share them all with my husband. He gets a thrill with the pick up speed and smooth ride.
I'm a CRV. What the heck is that ?
@UncleJoe (12162)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
If you don't know, how would I?
@UncleJoe Well I guess then we'll both never know who/what I am .
@louievill (20986)
@Morleyhunt (19442)
HI Joe! I drive a Dodge Caravan. Granny with a minivan! We had planned to buy a Chrysler 200, but after taking my parents to an appointment in a similar car we decided we still needed a minivan. It's been a great vehicle for our travels. We filled it to the brim at least three times while moving to the coast.
@MorleyHunt all the vehicles I have owned have been vans. My boyfriend had to take it one day to test drive it after fixing something and he drove past a friend. He said he was so embarrassed
@dfollin (12998)
That's what I want or a Dodge Ram
@Morleyhunt (19442)
@shaggin we've been driving vans or minivans for the last 34 years..... I actually prefer a van (or minivan) to a car. I sit much more comfortably.
@kobesbuddy (63653)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I have a LaCrosse and have no idea what this word means. As a young lady, I use to ride around in my 'Pinto!' Yee-Haa!
@kobesbuddy my parents had a pinto when I was a kid. I loved the road back window I always felt like I was in a submarine.
@dfollin (12998)
My uncle used to have a hatchback Pinto. I used to drive it a lot. I loved it!!!!!!
@kobesbuddy LaCrosse is a team sport played with a stick that kinda has a basket on the end and a ball. It came from some games played by Native Americans, I believe. So you must be a team player.
We drive a Kakadu but we have yet to visit this place. Nice post and very clever - but then your posts always are.
@UncleJoe (12162)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Never heard of a Kakadu @JusyEv What kind of vehicle is that?
@dfollin (12998)
@UncleJoe Neither have I heard of that vehicle.
@UncleJoe @dfollin It's a Toyota 4 wheel-drive.
@noni1959 (4298)
I drive a 2013 Chevy Silverado four door 4x4. I have always been a truck person and used to own both a truck and car but with my finances and my life, I only need one so bought this one in 2013 and combined seating like a car. I can haul furniture, go to the dump, haul hay in the winter (pasture feeds in summer), carry camping gear and more. I can slide out of it instead of trying to pull myself up and out like a car which is hard on me. I'm also very westerny, love the old west like Silverado. It fits me.
@Noni1959 that’s one reason even with only two kids I have always driven vans. I like a lot of room. I can get fix extra kids and a lot of extra stuff inside. I took out the seats in the past and picked up a washing machine before they started with all the free delivery they have now.
@noni1959 (4298)
@shaggin I never owned a van. I had three kids and usually had a good sized car to haul them around in. I had trucks for other uses. I can fit five in my truck now.
@noni1959 my boyfriend has a big truck like that which fits 5. My van seats 7 but I rarely use the back bench seat. It's usually folded down so I can fill the back with a ton of stuff. The smallest I think I will be able to ever go down to is a crossover.
@brokenbee (8465)
I don't drive a car but before I wanted to have an Expedition... =) Now I want a Hilux...
• Edinburgh, Scotland
Finally, someone who has put some thought and research into a discussion. Very good and funny! My first car was a Bedford Beagle and yes, it was a bit of a dog!
@Nana49 (1224)
I drive a ford fusion but when ask 9 times out of 10 i will say a ford focus ..because i forget lol. :)
I drive the small Mercedes SUV, which is just the right size for me. It is a GLK 350 and I suppose GLK stands for "Good Luck Kid" since I am not the best driver on the road.
I guess we do a lot of "focus" here , as at one point we had 4 of them.
• Walnut Creek, California
I drive a Nissan Xterra. It's kind of a slightly smaller Pathfnder. That makes sense. Have you heard this song?
Bill Morrissey - Car and Driver from his album Standing Eight Townes Van Zandt - Highway Kind, Standin' , Malvina Reynolds - the Albatross
@UncleJoe (12162)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Like the song @TheHorse
• Walnut Creek, California
@UncleJoe He was a good songwriter. Drank too much and left us early, I think.
@louievill (20986)
A Mitsubishi Adventure
@UncleJoe (12162)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Are you having an Adventure @louievill ?
@louievill (20986)
@UncleJoe it depends on what you mean by adventure.
@CarolDM (15475)
I can always count on you for a smile, thank you for always being you!
@UncleJoe (12162)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Who else would I be? @CarolDM Everybody I meet is already taken. At times there are TWO of me. That's usually when I'm beside myself.
@CarolDM (15475)
@wolfgirl569 (19028)
• Marion, Ohio
You never mentioned any trucks. I have an F-150
@UncleJoe (12162)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I didn't mention a lot of vehicles @wolfgirl569 There just ain't room. What do you think your truck says about you? Is it a Lariat?
@wolfgirl569 (19028)
• Marion, Ohio
@UncleJoe A super crew cab. It says I am not getting stuck!!!!
What a cool post. Thanks @andriaperry for suggesting it. I next thought about the names of vehicles and why they were named that. Currently I drive a Honda Odyssey minivan. Does that mean I’m from outer space . Once I drove a GMC Safari extended van so maybe they created that for people who have so many kids it feels like they live in a zoo. That was a gas guzzler so I’m glad to be free of it. I also owned two Chevrolet Venture minivans. I do love to go on adventures so maybe that’s fitting. My mother drives a Dodge Avenger I think it’s called. She added racing stripes and got a plate made up for the front that says like dodging vengeance.
• Dallas, Texas
Man, this was the funniest post I've read in a long time. KUDOs. I often wanted to drive a Dodge Diplomat. So that means I guess it means I need to be a diplomat while Dodging other vehicles. I drive a Caddy and I live in a shack. Oh well, I tried.
@garysibi (196)
Even as a boy I was never much into cars. Beyond being able to identify a VW bug, I couldn't tell you one from another. I find that I like antique cars and truck now. Not as vehicles but as works of art.
@1creekgirl (14157)
Thanks for the laugh! I drive a Toyota Camry, so not sure what that means. But my husband just bought a Dodge Ram and he's pretty tough!