A really sad documentary

@Porcospino (22364)
Denmark
Some days ago I watched an old documentary from my country. A journalist worked in a group home for people with special needs and wore a hidden camera. A lot of unacceptable things happened there. One of the residents wore the same diaper for 14 hours and the bed was soaked in urine when the resident finally left the bed. When the exployees arrived in the morning they spent between 2 or 4 hours without the residents. They had breakfast and watched tv before they helped the residents get out of bed The employees often ignored the residents, and when they spoke to them they often yelled at them instead of speaking to them in a respectful way. They also punished the residents if the residents didn't behave the way the employees wanted them to behave. It was shocking and heartbreaking to see the way the exployees behaved After the video was published some of the employees were fired. That is not surprising, because their behaviour was completely unaccepable. Most of the residents weren't able to speak, so they couldn't tell other people about the abuse.
@fluffy69 (2938)
Thank you to that journalist. Otherwise their secrets would never be exposed.
@Porcospino (22364)
• Denmark
That is true. Without that journalist no one would have known what goes on behind the closed doors. I am glad that some of the exployees were fired, because they didn't care about the residents at all.
@fluffy69 (2938)
@Porcospino it’s always like that not only home for the aged even, orphange managed by nuns, i heard stories like that.
@Porcospino (22364)
• Denmark
@fluffy69 Unfortunately this also happens in other countries and other places in my country..I have read some stories about nursing homes in my country, and some of them are shocking. When my great-grandfather lived in a nursing home he also met employees who shouldn't have had that kind of job. One of them yelled at him because he asked for help.
@kepweng (22541)
Thas the reality of life orry
@Porcospino (22364)
• Denmark
I am glad that the journalist visited that place with a hidden camera. Some of the people who used to work there were fired. I hope that the new employees are better.
@kepweng (22541)
@Porcospino sonetimes journalist are dumb too they visit hostile places likes isis terroritory and they thry feelcsorry beacuse itz too late
@Porcospino (22364)
• Denmark
@kepweng I am not a journalist, but if I worked as a journalist there are some places that I wouldn't visit (the places where it isn't safe to travel) Some places too risky to visit, at least at moment.
@wanghui (605)
if lack supervision,there are no that too much journalist to expose it.
@Porcospino (22364)
• Denmark
I think that the lack of supervision was the problem. Before the journalist went inside and used his hidden camera no one knew about the way the residents were treated.
@wanghui (605)
@Porcospino we always impossibly to know what had happened inside the closed door,it’s dependent on who is the trust people.
@Porcospino (22364)
• Denmark
@wanghui All Danish institutions (group homes, nursing homes etc) are inspected every year, but the employees know when they are coming, and they are often able to hide the truth about how things really are.
@moonandstars (13200)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Reading it, I was hoping this was some weird experiment, like that general one, when people divide into 2 teams; playing prisoners and playing guards. This is horrible. I get it that people get tired of their jobs and can't always serve the people from day one but, to shout, and leave them to be in a horrible state, that's not a human thing to do.
@Porcospino (22364)
• Denmark
I know the prison experiment you mentioned. It would have been less horrible if this group for people with special needs was only an experiment. I makes me very sad to know that the residents were treated that way. They depend on help, and they were ignored and abused. Fortunately some of the employees have been fired since the program was shown on tv.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Porcospino It wasn't right and, thank God for that journalist
@Nevena83 (17800)
• Serbia
It's horrible.And here, from time to time, recordings from such institutions appear, and it makes me very angry.
@Porcospino (22364)
• Denmark
Yes, it is horrible. It is so sad that something like that has been going on. People who lived there depended on help and they didn't get proper help. That kind of things also make me very angry.
@Nevena83 (17800)
• Serbia
@Porcospino There are so many such families here and often no one helps them.
@Sheali (6237)
We need more people like him
@Porcospino (22364)
• Denmark
I agree I know that it wasn't an easy job for him. He was always afraid that some of the other employees would discover the camera, but fortunately that didn't happen, and in the end some people were fired because he was able to show what actually happened there.
@Sheali (6237)
@Porcospino good.. luck favored him
• Preston, England
glad the journalist exposed the truth
@Porcospino (22364)
• Denmark
Me too. The residents weren't able to tell other people about the place because most of them can't speak or write. A hidden camera was the only way to find out what happened behind the closed doors.
• Preston, England
@Porcospino makes investigative journalism all the more valuable
Isn´t it frightening and sad what the disadvantaged suffer so sad.
@wolfgirl569 (21606)
• Marion, Ohio
That is sad. Glad that journalist went in there.
@Porcospino (22364)
• Denmark
Yes, at least it was revealed what happened in that place. The journalist was nervous that they would discover that he wasn't a normal employee, but they never discovered his hidden camera.