Checking your phone

By C
@ShyBear88 (21671)
Do you think it’s alright for your husband/wife/girlfriend/ boyfriend to check your cell phone when they asked you to show them? In my option not asking them first is about it means you don’t trust them. I have never checked my husbands phone for whatever reason without him saying hey can you look on my phone or can you keep them for me and check my messages or text message or whatever for me. He does the same for me, of course neither of us have anything to hide but at the sa,e time we have respect for our own things
With my fiancé & I , we don't mind. His phone is mine, mine is his. Sometimes whoever phone is closer we'll just bring one (usually mine). He doesn't mind to use his phone or not, lol. =) We have nothing to hide & it's an open book when it comes to our phones. Our computers.. then that's different. But we can use each others computers if we want since we have our own log in, but we hardly do cause I don't like his computer & he doesn't like my laptop.
@ShyBear88 Yes most definitely =) I just mentioned my side and of course not all can relate to mine. But totally some space is cool! Just like my laptop is all mines & his computer is all his. For us the phone is no biggie =)
@ShyBear88 (21671)
@infatuatedbby our computer in our room is shared but my husband has his own lap top that he uses for school work. I use my iPad for reading
I don't think I would be interested enough to even care. He is addicted to basketball. I would be bored. My phone is useless I barely carry it. He would not care to ask.
@ShyBear88 (21671)
I never ask it’s not that important but he does hand it over at times and tells me to use it.
@ShyBear88 that is good I am thinking now about when B asked me to answer his phone. I handed it to him. I am not sure what could happen that would make me ever open it. I think most couples have trust and that is priceless in itself. I am not a trusting person if I had to doubt a person's phone was in question. I would leave. I am not staying for anything to break me down. I had enough of that for 49 years.
@ShyBear88 (21671)
@sharon6345 if you can’t trust someone then you can’t be with them. I don’t need to look st my husband’s phone to know I trust him. I can just ask what he is doing but I wouldn’t ask to see his phone. If it’s meant for me to know I know he’ll tell me and the same with me. I also hate my hsuannds know too much tech I couldn’t figured it out if I tried. I can turn it on, make a phone call.
@Nana49 (3150)
I think if they ask to see it then i would let them.but if they took it without asking id would think they did not trust me ..trust is a big issue in a relationship but both parties should be able to see each other's phones if they want to ..as long as they ask ..
@WiseGhots (13389)
With permission... It's another story, Nana.
@Nana49 (3150)
@WiseGhots. Ok you got me there lol :)
@WiseGhots (13389)
@Nana49 LOL!
I don't have a cell phone but fiance does. I borrow his phone all the time when I go out. We have nothing to hide from each other.
@ShyBear88 (21671)
That’s understandable when there is only one cell phone. My husband has all of his work, and medical stuff on his phone so a lot of that I’m nto allowed to see. I have a lot of babysitting stuff on my phone which I don’t share becud it has family info. It it’s need to be know we tell each other. I never touch his without asking and the same to him to me.
@ShyBear88 I can see that. Makes perfect sense.
@fluffy69 (2938)
My wife used to do this but not anymore nowadays.
@ShyBear88 (21671)
I never look at my husbands phone unless I need to because he can’t.
For me, I think it is not the right thing to do. However, there are some couples don't mind if they check their phones.
@ShyBear88 (21671)
Very true! I would still ask outnof respect. When you love someone you respect thjgbs that are not your or your shared things. I also think that a lot of people don’t realized is that some people’s cell phones are there work phone and might not want there work stuff seen because it could be private
@ShyBear88 I will feel bad if someone will do this. Perhaps kids can be possible for parents to do this.
@ShyBear88 (21671)
@Shavkat what do kids have to do with picking up someone else cell phone.
@WiseGhots (13389)
No, it's not and I also have (a few months ago) an argument with my girlfriend because of that.
@ShyBear88 (21671)
You shouldn’t open someone phone without asking it’s very annoying .
@WiseGhots (13389)
@ShyBear88 No. Never.
@ShyBear88 (21671)
@WiseGhots that is why I asked if I really need to use my hsuandns phone which is likenever. On rare times he asked me to take control of his phone to do something. Hey
My boyfriend and I have always looked at / used one another phones. There's absolutely nothing to hide. So no need to make it seem like there is.
@ShyBear88 (21671)
Just because two people don’t choice to share the phones doesn’t mean there is something to hind. It’s called privacy. I don’t go looking into people’s stuff my husband things are his not mine. We might be married but not everything is ours. My phone is mine so it’s private’s to me. We each have things on our phone that doesn’t not need to be shared with each other. In the end it comes down to what type of realtionship you have with someone. I dont think of someone ask they you need to comply either.
@ShyBear88 i wasnt saying there necessarily was anything to hide if you dont. I was talking about my boyfriend and i.
She won't need to worry about it, because I don't cheat.
@Tracy04 (12217)
for me I don't really care if he wanted to check my phone because I have nothing to hide. But it's better to ask permission before checking it.
@alberello75 (21254)
• Genova, Italy
So I predict that, I am not married, nor accompanied, nor do I have children. But in my opinion, in the case of the husband / wife, that should not be controlled. Question of mutual confidence. In the case instead of sons / daughters, on the other hand, this should only be done in case, we notice abnormal behaviors (of any kind), by adolescents! The risk, they could attend bad companies. or maybe, something worse! But anyway they surely would place a passowrd to avoid this. So this should possible only be done in their presence. I just said mine ..
@Porcospino (22321)
• Denmark
My husband and I have no secrets. Sometimes I call from my husband's phone for instanse if my own phone has no battery left. Sometimes he asks me to read his messages aloud if he is driving, and he can't read them himself. He can also borrow my phone anytime.
@RodrickH (16081)
If there is nothing to hide I'll let her check itSeriously, I would get uncomfrtable of doing so