If there is one thing the Internet has taught me, it is that I don't like people...

By JJ
@myklj999 (24802)
Olney, Illinois
For a long time, I thought I just didn't like being around people. It seemed like I could only spend a certain length of time around them before I wanted to start choking/gouging/killing people. And I thought being on the Internet would be a safe alternative. If I felt I needed to go away from them, I could just *poof* make them disappear. But I have begun to realize that there are some that as soon as I see them or read one single word they have written, I'm ready to go on a mass-killing spree just to work out the frustrations they cause. Some of these people are even more useless than an 8 track tape. Even more useless than a broken 8 track tape. I'm so glad I don't work with the public anymore...I would have done snapped by now and be doing life + 30 years.
Hell, I decided that when I was a kid.
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
I'll tell ya John, I worked behind the counter at a convenience store for almost all of the 90's...these days, I'd be coming across the counter-top at people. I used up all my patience long ago.
@myklj999 At least you were capable of working behind a counter. I could never.
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
@JohnRoberts It helped that my Mom owned the store and she didn't believe in that 'The customer is always right ' crap...she knew that 80% of the time they were wrong
So true about the 8 track tapes, I have some (not broken), but totally useless. I am well if I can avoid to go out of my home.
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
I have a few 8 tracks, but I also have a player/recorder for them, which very few people have one that works these days.
@myklj999 I have nothing to play them. A friend gave us the tape, his car had an 8 tracks player. When he sold the car he did not know what to do with those tapes. I also do not know what to do with them.
• Lenox, Georgia
We love you anyway! Ya just gotta deal with me...
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
Drat...guess I'll just have to suffer with it
• Lenox, Georgia
@myklj999 Yes sir!
I like nice people, but yeah I generally don't like many, but there is some good ones lol.
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
Some days even the nice ones drive me bonkers
• Lenox, Georgia
@myklj999 Watch it mister!!
When I was younger, I always though I should buy a punching ball to stop me from killing people. I never did. Then I thought if I threw eggs to the wall… Now I´m old and discovered I cannot change the world. If I could, I would have started long time ago with Pinochet in my country. Or with Trump in yours now. So I just mylot with nice people like you
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
facebook has really irritated me today...some people that some of my friends are friends with are just so blasted ignorant about some things
@myklj999 I don´t use FB. It pissed me to the point when I thought about throwing the computer through the window. That´s when I had a big computer in the second floor.
@wolfgirl569 (21948)
• Marion, Ohio
That is why I love my critters.
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
I'll put up with much more from Scar than I will from people
@wolfgirl569 (21948)
• Marion, Ohio
@myklj999 I feel the same way with all of mine. At least they are always honest.
@CarolDM (19296)
I can so relate to what you are saying. I am probably considered an introvert to those who know me. But you know what, I don't care. I stay away from drama and the nonsense of others. Life is too short to listen to the noise. I like peace.
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
The fewer people I am around, the fewer I have to tell to keep their hands off of my vinyl
@CarolDM (19296)
@myklj999 Absolutely!
Oh come now, is it really, really that bad ? Actually I can totally relate, but I've gotten tired of the frustration - at least in real life. I can't exactly make people disappear, so I've tried to make the frustration go away. Now I just keep my distance - I seem to get in trouble when people get too close to me (yes, that's when I want to clobber them). I don't feel that so much here . . . I have just enough closeness that puts me in a happy place - I gotta save the clobbering energy for the outside world . I'm takin' everythang wit a grain of salt . . . hey, sometimes broken 8 tracks can be fixed .
Free illustrated guide to 8-track tape repair, including replacing pads, splices, and rollers, opening cases, untangling and smoothing tape, etc.
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
Actually I am the guy that friends used to bring their tapes to for repair.
@myklj999 Well then you definitely know when those tapes are completely useless !
@Spontaneo (2659)
I like people, but on-line friends tend to not backstab or not gossip about you.,
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
Or not to your face anyway. Who knows what happens in PM messages that you are excluded from.
@Spontaneo (2659)
@moonandstars (13400)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I also thought that talking rather writing online is a better change for me. It turned out, it's not
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
I always thought this Internet would turn out to be a bad thing
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@myklj999 Well, you third eye was right
@Sheali (6543)
On internet also, people would be responding to your discussions.. You can't get rid of humans here
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
Maybe I can find a site that is only bots
@Sheali (6543)
@myklj999 Yaa! That could be your new discussion and most people, including me would like to know about it
@Acefun (1112)
I think it depends on who you are dealing with. Some people are friendly and nice but they are rarely seen in the public. I am open to help them if they is an opportunity and having a friend like them is not a problem. Some are nasty people, I will ignore them if I would not depend on them in my life. However, in reality people are hard to deal with. They will work based on the interest except our parents who will be on our site whenever we are in trouble.
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
I think that depends on the parents.
@Acefun (1112)
@myklj999 What do you depends on parents?
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
@Acefun You said "except our parents who will be on our site whenever we are in trouble" I said I think that depends on the parents, because not all of them will be on your side if you get in trouble.
@VivaLaDani13 (26462)
• Perth, Australia
@myklj999 Though you did this post in a comical way, I understand where you are coming from. The internet is a great way to physically stay away from people. But I admit that people online have me tearing up or raging due to the things they say or how awful their personality is. I try to understand and accept people for who they are and give people chances but there are times where someone is so damn horrible, that their actions or thought patterns are unforgivable. I've had moments where I needed to have a break away from here because certain people were driving me up the wall! Just seeing their title for their post would irritate me to the point I had to walk away....far away from my laptop and try to pretend I didn't see what I saw. It's not often that I snap, but when I do I release all the anger and confusion people make me feel. People can be so ignorant! Selfish! Harmful! UGH! I used to concern my dad years ago when I'd often say "I wish a asteroid would wipe us all out! We suck! Humans suck!" There are beautiful individuals but as a whole, humans were the worst beings to be put on this planet. And wow my heart is beating fast lol I started this comment off quite calmly but now I'm a little angry lol ( not your fault....people...oh god just people irritate me immensely at times! )
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
I think I have spent 10 entire minutes on the 'net in the past 6 days or so...not feeling great and people as a whole just something I have been avoiding. Sometimes even the Interweb isn't a big enough buffer...
• Perth, Australia
@myklj999 I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well or social. I really hope you feel well soon!
I kind of know what you mean. I can deal with people over the phones, but don't make me do it in person...….please!
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
I'm getting worse and worse at dealing with people even online
@myklj999 I feel that I am too, maybe that is why I get what you're going thru. There are days that I just cannot even comment or post, else there will be trouble.
@BarBaraPrz (22196)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You hadn't realized that before?
@myklj999 (24802)
• Olney, Illinois
I may have known it previously and then suffered amnesia
@BarBaraPrz (22196)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@myklj999 Good thing the internet is here to remind you.
@GreatMartin (7836)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Until something better comes along I'll stick with people but only one at a time! :O)
@Torunn (3412)
• Norway
I used to think I didn't like people, possibly because most of family aren't really very social and outgoing. Then I started teaching and realized that people are great :-) It is lot of stupid people around though, and I think many people will show their worst side online, especially if they can be anonymous ( I hate spelling that word!).
@db20747 (15475)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
The internet cannot hide their personalities!! You have avoid them like the plague!!
@porwest (13424)
If you have never read Stephen King's "Word Processor of the Gods," you need to.
@sofssu (22918)
Okay, okay we won't comment on your discussions anymore, This is just to let you know. Don't go killing people. Who will explain the workings of mylot if you are cooling your heels in prison?