A Little Shocked

Good morning friends. I've got my "brave face" on today. Now, here, I can take my mask off and just be me. So, here I am, mask off, and just being me, and needing to dump some fears and uncertainties so that when I put that brave face back on again, its a little easier fit. I saw my doctor this morning for some lab work that I had done. I have issues with my liver. Its not good, so I need to lose weight and eat healthy. I do not eat fried foods, so cutting that out isn't an option for me. Losing weight is an option. I spoke with him about the success of going for acupuncture to kick start the loss process. He warned me of the expense, and that it won't hurt me but that there is no medical documentation that it will help me either. I will book myself in to have this done. Next was my low blood and low iron. I need to increase my iron intake. Easily said, but not so easy to get it to rise on the lab reports as this has been my life and I've been hospitalized a few times for this. I'm not too concerned about it other then the fact that the low blood count could mean that its feeding a tumor. That leads me to the next issue. They found microscopic scant traces of blood in my urine. As a result I asked to see a specific urologist here in our city. He scoped my bladder a year ago and I feel that I have a bit of a history with him as a result. He is the head of the urology department at the university, so I am confident that he is up to date on the latest technology. He will need to do an ultrasound on my kidneys and a scope on my bladder. I did have 5 cancerous tumors removed from my bladder 15 years ago. I hope that it hasn't returned. Sorry that this was so long, I am a little shocked, but so grateful that my friends here will support me and lift me up today.
@1creekgirl (14778)
I'm so sorry and I can understand how uneasy you're feeling. I'll add my prayers to all the others that God will not only heal you completely, but will also give you peace of mind and heart. You know you can always talk to us here and we'll lift each other up in prayer to the Mighty God who loves us!
Vicki, that means so much to me. As much as I love my friends here, I do not mean to dump on anyone at all, but I need to purge my fears so that I can go on with a brave face. Does that make any sense at all? I appreciate and thank you for your prayers.
@1creekgirl (14778)
@Juliaacv Yes, it makes sense. We all need a safe place to vent sometimes. We might all live many miles apart, but we can still care about each other.
@1creekgirl You're so right, this IS a safe place. And there are no miles between heart-felt friends are there?
@YrNemo (16432)
All the best with the results for your future tests. I never knew that liver problem could be minimized by a weight loss.
I never knew that either, quite interesting.
Weight loss and no drinking at all. Not that I drink often or a lot, but no more for me. That bothers me, as its such a nice way to relax socially, now that has been taken from me. I hope it doesn't leave me grouchy and cranky.
@YrNemo My liver is weaken by taking prescribed medication since I was 16 years old, and my older brother, who also has been on medication since he was a teenager has a bad liver as well.
Your being shocked is understandable and an absolutely normal reaction. I will send prayers of healing your way each day. MyLot is a great resource for times when you really need support. We can lift you up every single day or whenever needed. You do have the best of care, and that is a comforting thought to always keep in mind. When you are fearful, just replace that fearful thought with the thought of the excellent care that is coming your way..
Thanks Deb. I am always so emotional at this time of the year. But I guess that if you can all pull me thru this, anything is possible. I'm so very grateful for my loving virtual friends, and I don't know where I would be without them.
@Juliaacv We can pull you through this. I know we can!!!
@Corbin5 You're a life saver you know that don't you?
I would be shocked too, and I am sorry. I hope it hasn't returned. You know where to find me if you need to talk any further. Do you take iron pills for the iron issue? Or eat meat, to be able to have more of it? I hope acupuncture works, if you do go try it.
Thanks. I cried a bit when I was writing this, a friend was texting me and I felt scared. I think that I will be okay in time. I need to fill out my health and wellness benefits forms before I book myself in for acupuncture.
@Juliaacv of course. It's normal to feel scared, and to cry. wish there was something we could do for you.
@Courtlynn You're already doing it.
@kevin1877uk (37011)
Sorry to hear, I hope you are better soon and hope that cancer not returned.
Thanks Kevin. Time will tell, but I am mustering up the strength that I need to get thru this.
@kevin1877uk (37011)
@Juliaacv I'm sure that you will do, all the best.
@kevin1877uk Thanks a lot.
• Lenox, Georgia
There's absolutely nothing that shocks our Father and I am praying for healing!! And I am always here to talk and show support in any way you need it. I wish I was closer, the kids and I would have your mind feeling better in no time! But I'm here...always.
Thanks Jenn. I know that you get exactly how I feel. I'm going to indulge myself and let it all out this afternoon, but that will be all. I will be as brave as I can be and do whatever I have to do to maintain my health. I am SO very thankful that I live in a city that is a mecca of the highest quality of healthcare in our region.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Juliaacv You don't have to be brave, our Father meets us in our weakness and heals our hearts when their hurting. Psalm 34:18- The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
@LovingMyBabies I feel that He is working in me now.
Oh my Julia, I am so sorry. I hope it's only a bit of inflammation due to kidney stones and not the cancer that comes back.
Thank you. I don't know what to hope for at this point. I checked my results online a couple of weeks ago after having the lab work done, and that isn't necessarily the best thing to do when you are not trained. There has been a lot going thru my mind as a result. He did tell me that I do not have an infection, so that has been ruled out at this point. I am glad that I will be seeing the best urologist in the city, that settles my nerves somewhat because whatever he says and does, I know is in my very best interest.
@Juliaacv Try not to stress, you surely are in good hands with this urologist.
@LadyDuck I hope so. I feel so let down by my last 2 urologists. Its going to be hard to learn to trust again after being let down twice. I was too upset to eat my lunch yesterday.
@CarolDM (18678)
I am feeling positive for you that you will get good results from your visits and you will get through all of this. Sometimes when one thing happens, it begins a chain reaction for some reason. But you will be fine, I know you will. Just keep writing. Have a great weekend.
Thanks for your words of inspiration and of hope. I appreciate that.
@CarolDM (18678)
@Juliaacv You are always welcome. I told you I would be here for you.
@CarolDM I know, and I am very thankful for that. You're so sweet.
@AAichka (349)
Get well soon.I used to suffer from kdney problems in my teen years and I was only 13 when the urologist discovered that I had a kidney stone.t is essential to drink plenty of water and follow a diet.
Thank you. I know that water is essential, and the more the better. I do struggle with the more part because I do not enjoy water. But with the list of things that I should not drink, I will have to increase my water intake.
@AAichka (349)
@Juliaacv I am thesame,I dont drink much water.It has to be mineral water.I was born in Bulgaria and we have lots of underground lakes.The water has to be suitable for kidney diseases and to contain specific minerals.
@AAichka Flushing out our systems with just regular water is recommended, but I fall short on that. I have to work on it.
@responsiveme (23047)
I understand the strain this puts. I am sending positive vibes your way. Sometimes we do worry about things that may not be true after all. While easier said than done, it happens to be true. All will be well
Thank you, and I know what you mean, but I am a worrier and that is what I have been doing and will be doing until this ordeal has been seen thru.
@Juliaacv I am a worrier too. Dale Carnegie's book ,How to stop worrying and start living ,helped me at a time when I was getting overwhelmed by it all. Things will be okay,take care.
Oh, I am so sorry. I feel as you do about this being a place where you can 'dump' your worries and fears and while people here sympathise and commiserate, it's sort of okay and different from upsetting family and friends. Sending prayers and hugs.
Thanks Judy. We've got a great and wonderful thing going on here. When I came home from my appointment my family and friends were in working, but my friends here, which so many feel close enough to be family, were here to help and support me.
@Juliaacv And it's totally different to upsetting family and friends.
@LowRiderX (3777)
• Serbia
I'm not sure how much acupuncture could help in losing weights. And can it at all (!?)
I know of people who have lost weight using that practise as well as quit smoking.
@LowRiderX (3777)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv If you know that could help, go ahead
@Nevena83 (17653)
• Serbia
I'm sorry that all of this is happening to you, but I send you positive energy to be strong and win all health problems.
Thanks, I can use all of the positive energy that you can send to me.
@Nevena83 (17653)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv I'm sure everything will be all right, just be brave.
@nela13 (15057)
• Portugal
I am sorry, I hope it hasn't return and everything goes well with you.
Thanks, I am doing everything that I can to insure that whatever I can do to improve my health I do. And I am being referred to a wonderfully talented and respected doctor.
@nela13 (15057)
• Portugal
@Juliaacv It Is good that you have a wonderful doctor, surely he will help you.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hope its nothing and everything comes up good for you. Prayers going out for you too.
Thanks, I pray for the same outcome.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Juliaacv It could be that its nothing in particular and wishing its just that.
I am sorry that you are going through this right now. Health concerns are so worrisome but it sounds like you are getting the best of care and that does go a long way. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I am always here if you need a friend to talk to. I may not be able to help much but I am a good listener.
Thanks Laurel. I came here because I needed you, my dear friends, to be my leaning posts. I'm sure that you can relate to this, I feel that we have something so very special here-its incredible.
@Juliaacv It sure is. This place helped me through my health issues and I will be forever thankful for that. It is a community of many caring and supportive people.
oh my you do not need this kind of news.So sorry there.
@Juliaacv I am so sorry that this is happening.you have a loving husband there and he will see you through.
Oh Julia, I am sending a hug, I wish I could be there in person, this is a lot to face and I suspect you are putting on a brave face for your husband and son. Feel free to just scream it lets out a lot of stress, I will put you right on the prayer line.
Thank you. I'm trudging along, but I have to admit, this is not easy.
@janethwayne (2470)
You can take herbal pills too and that can help you.
I wasn't aware of that.
So sorry to hear this. I will keep you in my prayers and send you blessings that it all turns out alright. You know the Lord will look out for you.
Thanks a lot Sandra. I feel pretty low, it will take me a while to bounce back. I do appreciate the prayers.