If Jesus is God then how does one explain?

Pixabay
@1hopefulman (38544)
In spite of the expression "Son of God" appearing some 50 times in the New Testament some still believe that Jesus is the Almighty God. Do you believe that? I have read the Bible many times and that idea that Jesus Christ is the Most High God seems very illogical to me. I am not against people reaching a different conclusion than me. I will state a few reasons why I have not reached the conclusion that Jesus is the Almighty God. 1) Matthew 26:39 (KJV) 39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. If Jesus' Father is God, how can Jesus be God? Why is Jesus praying to his Father if he is God? 2) John 14:28 (KJV) 28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. If Jesus is the Almighty God, why and how can the Father be greater than him? 3) Mark 10:18 (KJV) 18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. If Jesus is God then why would he not be good? Can God be bad? 4) 1 Peter 1:3 (KJV) 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, If Jesus is God than how can somebody else be the God of Jesus? 5) 1 Corinthians 11:3 (KJV) 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. If Jesus is God then how can Jesus have someone above him? 6) Mark 13:32 (KJV) 32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. If Jesus is God how can there be something that Jesus doesn't know but his Father does? God and Jesus cannot be the same person and Jesus cannot be the Almighty God. 7) Revelation 1:1 (KJV) 1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: How can God give something to Jesus if they are the same person? God and Jesus like any father and son are two different persons. The father gives life to his son. What are your thoughts? What do you think?
God the father, Jesus the son.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Correct
@1hopefulman (38544)
@andriaperry Seems simple enough!
@karibe (639)
• Venezuela
Two wonderful and independent beings united by a wonderful relationship of filial love
actually the New Testament confuses me and I just couldn't connect the dots on how Jesus is also the God the father.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Jesus is the son of God ,Then the God is a father as simple as that
@LowRiderX (3777)
• Serbia
@toniganzon There is nothing confusing Jesus taught his disciples that when they pray to God say: 'Our Father who ...'
@KlyliePot No it's not because Christians taught as that God and Jesus are one and the same. And I don't find the New Testament simple at all. I stick to the old testament.
@myklj999 (24490)
• Olney, Illinois
I've argued against the 'Three-as-One' doctrine for years. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son" John 3:16 But people are going to believe what they want to believe,
@1hopefulman (38544)
Yes, people are free to believe whatever they want but I'm one that wants to believe only the truth especially on something as important as God.
@1hopefulman Me too. I only want to believe the truth too. John chapter 1, verse 1. "In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." What is this word then, but Jesus?
@1hopefulman (38544)
@innertalks "In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Does this verse say that Jesus (the Word) is the Almighty God? Since the Word was in the beginning, what beginning was that? Does the Almighty God have a beginning? Notice that the Word was with God? If The Word was with God, are they not two entities? "The Word was God." While the Word is God and since the Word was with God then they are two different Gods, one is the Father and one is the Son. When the Almighty God created Jesus (the Word, his Son), He created a God when compared with angels or humans. John 1:18 KJV) 18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. John 1:18 Amplified Bible 18 No one has seen God [His essence, His divine nature] at any time; the [One and] only begotten God [that is, the unique Son] who is in the intimate presence of the Father, He has explained Him [and interpreted and revealed the awesome wonder of the Father].
@LowRiderX (3777)
• Serbia
Jesus is not a God
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Agreed
@LowRiderX (3777)
• Serbia
@KlyliePot Jesus can not be God if God is greater than Him. The Christian belief that the Father and the Son are equal is in clear contrast with the clear words of Jesus.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
@LowRiderX its because Jesus is the words of God, just a simple as that
I choose not to get involved in this discussion. I only believe in one G-d, and have no belief in Jesus.
@1hopefulman (38544)
Thanks for visiting! You might enjoy a song that was written by a fellow Montrealer.
Perhaps his most memorable song from Canadian poet/songwriter & performer Leonard Cohen. Cohen specified, notably in a BBC interview, that the song was about...
@1hopefulman (38544)
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
The creator of Jesus is a God...no one else
@1hopefulman (38544)
I also understand things that way. Matthew 3:17 (KJV) 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
@1hopefulman Amen.. May god be with us
@1hopefulman (38544)
I have no opinion, I have been brainwashed on this they are 'Three-as-One' and I had not to ask "mystery of the faith". Okay as they like.
@1hopefulman (38544)
I have many questions when somebody tells me something that doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
@1hopefulman I stopped asking questions as they were not ready to answer.
@1hopefulman (38544)
@ckyera (17346)
The Father is the only God and Jesus, the son is our mediator.
@1hopefulman (38544)
Yes, that is what the scriptures portray.
@sofssu (22812)
He is a part of the trinity , If you believe in the trinity you believe He is God. If not them your faith is different. What matters is.. he is our redemption, he alone is our righteousness and in him alone is salvation. That is enough to be saved. The rest is for debate and wracking our peanut nut sized brain to understand the almighty God.
@1hopefulman (38544)
No, I don't believe in Trinity I have never found the word Trinity in any Bible. Matthew 3:17 (KJV) 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
@innertalks (5114)
Is the house the same as the owner of the house if the owner lives in the house too?
Interesting analysis Felix. The Bible does hint at the opposite of what you say there too though, in some ways. "I and the Father are one." Jesus says this in John, chapter 10, verse 30. God once described himself to Moses by saying to him, "I am who I am." Exodus chapter, 3, verse 14. Jesus used the same words "I am" in John, chapter 8, verse 58. "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Jesus was killed for saying that he was the same as God. It was considered blasphemy. The father is the creator, and his word is final in all things. Jesus, God's son is God's mouthpiece and speaks his words, and Jesus issues from his father, faithful to him in all ways, whereas the spirit is common to both God and Jesus. Both are full of the spirit, both use it for conveying messages to each other and as a repository for their wisdom and truth. The holy spirit is their book of life, so to speak, in which all is recorded, and all is passed on, available through this medium, to all who allow it to fill themselves too. Photo Credit: The photo used here was freely sourced from the free media site: pixabay.com Is the house the same as the owner of the house, if the owner lives in the house too?
@1hopefulman (38544)
Thank you! I look forward to having an interesting discussion on this subject. I will deal with one point at the time. "I and the Father are one." One what? See Matthew 19:5. A husband and his wife become one flesh, yet they are still two different people so the "one flesh" is one in purpose, in making the marriage a success. The context of the statement "I and the Father are one." is one concerning their relationship with the sheep or the disciples that no one can take them either out of the hand of the Father nor the Son because they are united in purpose, in caring for them and protecting them. See John 18:28,29. John 17:21 shows that we all must be one, that is united in purpose, cooperating with one another, working together so that there a harmonious universe. In an orchestra there are many musicians but when playing they are all playing one song.
@1hopefulman When we talk of the "ulltimate" one, this is God, because all things exist within God, under God. This idea of oneness comes more from other religions than it does from Christianity. Taoism says something like this: We can deny the oneness of the Tao, but our denial counts for nothing. The Tao remains one Tao. Substitute the word "Tao" here for "God" and we have a pretty good description of the concept of what oneness is. We can deny the oneness of God, but our denial counts for nothing. God remains one God.
@1hopefulman (38544)
@innertalks When it comes to oneness (unity) with God, I find John 17:21-26 very interesting.
@erictsuma (187)
• Mombasa, Kenya
Jesus is God because he came to this world in form of a human so that many people will believe him and follow his religion. follows his religion.
@1hopefulman (38544)
I believe as it says in the Bible over 50 times that Jesus is the Son of God. Matthew 3:17 (KJV) 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
• Mombasa, Kenya
@1hopefulman very true
@1hopefulman (38544)
@buenavida (8671)
• Sweden
We see how clearly the Bible shows that God is the Father and Jesus is his son. Even the "Old testament" has a lot of prophecies that were fulfilled in Jesus and describes the loving relationship between with God and his son.
@1hopefulman (38544)
It seems so obvious but others have different opinions and beliefs.
@buenavida (8671)
• Sweden
@1hopefulman Yes, it seems to make people believe almost anything .. Also Hinduism and other religions believe in trinities..
@1hopefulman (38544)
@buenavida Yes, there are trinities but the word trinity does not come from the Bible.
@May2k8 (7801)
I am a Muslim, believe if Jesus is the equivalent of a prophet, and these two verses as proof: "Surely the creation of heaven and earth is greater than the creation of humans, but most people do not know." (Al-Mu'min / Ghaafir: 57) "Allah's Exalted One has revealed al-Furqaan (al-Qur'an) to His servants, so that he becomes a reminder to all nature; which belongs to Him alone is the kingdom of heaven and earth, and He has no child, and there is no ally for Him in (His)power, and He has created all things, and He sets its measurements neatly. "(Al -Furqaan: 2)
@1hopefulman (38544)
Thank you for the information. I am a Christian and believe in the Holy Bible.
@May2k8 (7801)
@1hopefulman you're welcome
@1hopefulman (38544)
It does not have to be explained it is all about faith. You have your faith, I have mine and you will never shake mine, it is as simple as that. I respect you and I expect you to respect me.
@1hopefulman (38544)
Of course! God loves us all and He will guide anyone with a good heart into the ways of truth, some sooner and some later.
• Lenox, Georgia
God is our Father--Jesus is His son as we are sons and daughters of God. =)
@1hopefulman (38544)
That's how I understand things also!
@kepweng (22396)
is thay true that god is a 3 spirits?
@1hopefulman (38544)
God is one spirit. I have seen nothing about God being 3 spirits in the Bible. Have you?
@kepweng (22396)
@1hopefulman its the roman catholic faith they teach god is a 3 spirit the father ..son and holly spirit
@1hopefulman (38544)
@kepweng In heaven everyone is a spirit even the angels.
@karibe (639)
• Venezuela
The clarity and simplicity of the truth that emerges both in the Old Testament and in the New Testament has been obscured by the doctrine of the Trinity that says that God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit are three independent persons who form one single unit. . GOD the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, His Son, two wonderful and independent beings are united by the relationship that unites each father with each child. Those who promote the doctrine of the Trinity and affirm that Jesus Christ is God are forgetting that knowledge and understanding of redemption are based on the fact that one man sinned and another man freed us from sin and its consequences. That is, if Jesus Christ were God, the lost would be lost and could not be redeemed.
@1hopefulman (38544)
I think that we pretty much agree on the fact that Yahweh (Jehovah) and Jesus (Yeshua) are two different entities. Matthew 17:5 (KJV) 5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. Do you also agree with all the points I made in the post for discussion?
@karibe (639)
• Venezuela
@1hopefulman Yes, yes, I completely agree with you at every point of your discussion. Jesus Christ is not GOD but the Son of God, his Christ, which is what the Truth of the Word says. But the best thing is that you and I agree with The Word that is Truth.
@1hopefulman (38544)
@karibe Yes, we have to understand what the Bible teaches and base our lives on the truth found in the Bible. John 17:17 (KJV) 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
@dya80dya (12076)
Jesus is not God. He is the son of God. I wonder why men are always chosen. God is a father, Jesus was a man.
@1hopefulman (38544)
Yes, I agree that Jesus is the Son of God. God created man and woman but He created the man first and the woman out of man.
@dya80dya (12076)
@1hopefulman And this is why men think they are superior? He created the man first, Jesus was a man, God is a father. No women here.
@1hopefulman (38544)
@dya80dya I was once told that when God made Adam that he practicing and when God made woman it was perfection.
@Shiva49 (15399)
What I know is Jesus is referred to as the Son of God - siva
@1hopefulman (38544)
That's the way I see it!