There's a Silver Lining

Green Bay, Wisconsin
My car is safely in my son's hands, and I called the insurance company. I need to submit the receipt from the towing company for reimbursement of the towing charge. The real shock today came from paying the car registration, due this month. They added a wheel fee of $20. I mentioned it to my son when he dropped off the receipt for the towing. He said it's for all the potholes. I hope that means the fee will pay for the potholes and the construction I see everywhere from spring to first snow, means street repairs. That would be putting those fees to good use. When the weather warms up a bit, to at least 35 F, my son said he would work on the car, but not before since all labor is done outside. I guarantee it won't come down before Tuesday as we're going into the Arctic blast temps again. The photo above shows two things, the snowman thinks it's too cold with the Arctic air coming down from Canada, and the temps don't make it out of the 20s for next week. The good news is there isn't any snow between tonight and next Friday. A whole week without snow must be a record for this winter. I thought you would like some good news about the car. It might be a while before I get it back, but at least I'm getting the towing charge reimbursed. That's what's happening here. How was/is your day? Thanks for reading. If you see the image to the right of the forecast, you can see it's snowing, and covering most of the state.
@wolfgirl569 (21513)
• Marion, Ohio
That picture makes me happy with our forecast. Hope you get the car soon.
I'm sure it does. Thank you. It will depend on the weather.
I hope it gets warm soon so you will get your car back.
Thank you. I'm hoping it does too, only so my son can work on my car. If we could have days without negative wind chills, it would be nice out there.
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
Remember around Christmas, when you were worried there wasn't going to be any snow? I hope you're sitting down because this is going to shock you. My day was boring.
Yes, I do remember. See, I didn't have anything to worry about after all. Though it would have been nice to have had a white Christmas. You asked if I've had enough. When I look outside, I see winter the way it looked when I was growing up. Banks six feet or higher and snow boot deep. Just the way I like it. So, yes, I've had enough for now. I love it.
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
@just4him I'm glad you've finally had enough. But if there was a way, I would gladly send all the snow we have here.
@xander6464 The city is having trouble finding a place to store it from all the downtown locations and curbs.
@garymarsh6 (15716)
So that is a new one a wheel charge. $5 per tyre. I wonder when you hit a pothole will the council pay for a new tyre? We can claim here but the procedure is so tedious that most people just take it on the chin!
My son told me that many people were going to city hall with complaints about their tires due to potholes and were reimbursed. I didn't know about that. So, the state has retaliated with the wheel fee. No one will be able to go to city hall anymore for reimbursement.
Good things are going well with the car.
Yes, they are. It's in good hands.
I am glad you will get reimbursed by the insurance. I have AAA so I get free towing and tires changes etc.
I had Triple-A for a while but gave it up when I got regular insurance. Thank you. I'll take the receipt to the agency on Monday.
@WiseGhots (13389)
Take care, Valerie.
Thank you. I am.
I hope that the weather will warm up soon also at your location.
Thank you. Hopefully, the severe wind chills are done after this next blast.
@just4him I hope you can finally have warmer days.
@LadyDuck We'll get them, and then the car will be fixed.
@Fleura (8788)
For a moment I thought it was warming up - then I realised the temperatures are in Fahrenheit! Brrr!
Yes, Fahrenheit. It feels nice out this morning. We're in the 20s today and the wind chills are non-existent. So, it will be a nice day. Perfect for going to the circus in a couple of hours.
@Fleura (8788)
@just4him That sounds fun! You'll have to tell us all about it!
@Fleura It was a lot of fun. I'll be posting about it later today.
I hope your weather warms up and you can get your wheels back soon.
Thank you. I hope it does too.
We got some snow this morning, into this afternoon. Love it. We dont have those wheel fees, whatever they are for. Glad you're getting that money back. Hope it doesnt take too long to get the car back.
Yeah, that fee was a shock. I hope it won't take long to be reimbursed. The car is dependent on the weather. Yea! You got snow!
@just4him fingers crossed for it all to be quick.
@Courtlynn Thank you. With the hit against my account due to the car, I could use it back in my account.
@JESSY3236 (8654)
no snow here, but sleeting today.
Sleet isn't good.
Luckily our weather is never so severe that the roads break up.
I was on a very bad stretch of road today. They are in very bad need of repair.