A Total Cheat Day

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Finding the insurance office was a LOT of fun. (Dripping with sarcasm) I went up and down the street three times before I gave up and went to my son's to do laundry. I asked him to take me to find it since he doesn't get lost. We went up and down the street twice before he put his GPS on his phone to work, and even that didn't help. When it said we were right there, there wasn't a sign. I watched the numbers on the mailboxes and found the right area, and with a process of elimination and going through parking lots, we finally found it. It was listed on a sign for the businesses in the little shop area, but it was so small it was hard to notice it - obviously. So, that is taken care of and on to finishing the laundry. I got it started before we went hunting the insurance agency. My son made Baklava on Saturday and he handed me a small triangle. I won't say no to Baklava - ever. It was perfect! I'm glad it was a small triangle. While we were on our way back from the insurance office, he stopped at Dairy Queen and yes, I got a fish sandwich. It's the first fast food and bread I've eaten in almost a year and a half. It was totally worth the cheat day. It also means I won't have as many eggs as I expected today. So, that was my day. I'm home. I watched an episode of When Calls the Heart while I folded the laundry and put it away. Now, I'm going to get the notifications finished. If I have time, I want to get work done on a book. I will be back in the pool tomorrow. I didn't go today because it was only -27 wind chill this morning. Tomorrow will be much better. How is your day? Thanks for reading.
It was a rainy day, but not cold. I went out in the morning to do some chores. I cannot resist Baklava.
I can't either when he puts it in my hand. It was so good. I'm glad it wasn't cold when you went out to do chores.
@just4him It was warm today, sunny and warm, another nice day.
• Midland, Michigan
Good that you got some rain, Anna.
Do you have your car or were you driving your neighbor"s? I've had that experience with the GPS telling me I've reached my destination only to drive around and around. Ugh! A cheat day is good every once in awhile. I also did 4 loads of laundry and am done until tomorrow! Wheeeeeee! lol We got our Shingles shots today after waiting months for them to get them in. Only 7 left, so I dropped what I was doing (myLotting) and ran to get them with hubs. Enjoy your evening.
I had the neighbor's car. Yes, totally frustrating when the GPS tells you to turn and there's nothing to indicate you've arrived. My car should get worked on next week when the temps start going up. I won't get the shingles shot. I had them a long time ago when I was in the Navy. At least that's what the doctor said it was.
@just4him They have new and improved shots now.
@DianneN If it becomes mandatory, then I'll need to get it. Until then, I don't do unnecessary needles.
@CarolDM (18900)
Sounds like you needed these treats.
I think I did. I worried how the bread would react on my system, but so far so good.
@CarolDM (18900)
@just4him That is great.
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
The baklava made all that frustration worth it.
Oh absolutely, definitely. I wanted more but didn't dare.
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
@just4him But they are always such tiny pieces. I think 5 or 6 would be the right number to have.
@xander6464 I totally agree with you. However, I need to remember I'm on a food program for a reason. I NEED to lose weight. Not only because I want to, but they won't do knee replacement surgery if I don't lose it.
@moonandstars (13243)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I miss having baklava. I'm surprised it is popular at your place or for you You were super patient with all this walking; I'm not sure would I felt the same.
I didn't walk. I was in the car looking for that agency. I don't know how popular it is here. I had it for the first time when I found a Greek restaurant in the neighborhood where I worked. It's where I fell in love with baklava. My son's x-girlfriend made it and he always helped when they were together. She's a fabulous cook and baker. Her baklava was awesome. My son learned from a pro. His was perfect.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@just4him As what I heard, baklava is Albanian dish but, many other countries make it as well. O, from the car, I see.
@moonandstars I've never heard it was an Albanian dish. I always thought it was Greek.
Are you still on a diet valerie? The weather here has been pretty good.
Yes, I am. I'm doing well too. I have less than a hundred to go.
@just4him Well done to you.
@jaboUK Thank you.
I didnt know DQ had fish ?! Neither of ours do. And never seen a commercial of it. Strange for them, I think. But glad you enjoyed it! Definitely sounds worth the cheat day.
There's only one full menu DQ in Green Bay. They serve burgers too.
@just4him we have two DQs here. One across the street. Which only does ice cream, smoothies, and hot dogs. And the other is about 45-60mins away. Which does those plus chicken fingers, fries, and burgers.
@Courtlynn We have two also. The one where my son lives has everything. The one downtown has the basics, hot dogs and ice cream.
• Midland, Michigan
It's brisk here but it's we had wind chill below zero I didn't know it. My daughter mentioned twice that it was very cold outside and the weather doesn't bother her much so maybe we did have some of that colder stuff too. Right now it's about four degrees and that's all I know. It's supposed to reach the forties here by the weekend. Good going that you made it a year and as half before cheating on your diet. That's impressive. I'm finally creeping down little by little but today I've been hungrier than normal so hopefully I'm not nulling my recent progress.
At least for bread and fast food. There have been small cheats, especially at Christmas, but not since until yesterday. I'm glad you're creeping down. I hate it when I'm hungrier than usual.
• Midland, Michigan
@just4him I did gain a portion of a pound today but my husband is getting me more veggie snacks to keep me on track. Hopefully.
@MarshaMusselman Veggie snacks should work well to keep you on track.
@Nevena83 (17878)
• Serbia
You had a very busy day. Have your cars been repaired?
No, not yet.
@Nevena83 (17878)
• Serbia
@just4him I hope it will soon be repaired.
@Nevena83 Me too. Thank you.
@nela13 (15263)
• Portugal
You deserved that cheat day, no worries.
Thanks. It was worth it.
@nela13 (15263)
• Portugal
• Rupert, Idaho
Sorry to hear that the place was hard to find, that can be so frustrating! Sounds like good food, and glad it was worth the cheat day!
Definitely worth the cheat day. At least now I know where it is if I ever need to go back there.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him That is really good to hear....and yes that is a good point!
@janethwayne (2608)
What a day but at least you have a tasty lunch.
Yes, it was.
I have had that problem before too, all those businesses with no signs. One cheat day in a year and a half? You are amazing!
Thank you. I did get into some sugary sweets for the Christmas holidays, but this is the first time I've had bread or fast food.
If it is done right a fish sandwich is yummy.
That one sure was.
It was in the 70s today, I went out for some shopping at Home Goods and then to the produce stand and finally Big Lots.
It sounds like a good shopping day.
@Elizaby (4680)
• Pensacola, Florida
With this bad cold I didn't feel like doing much and so lounged on my bed
I'm sorry you have a bad cold.
I'm glad you let yourself be rewarded with a couple of small treats. Probably the insurance company doesn't really want to be found.
It was strange how neither of us could find it. I'm glad we finally did. I mentioned it when I got there and the girls said they understood.
I did nothing today. Your day was action packed compared to mine.
It sounds like it was. I'm going to have a nothing day today. At least I'm not leaving the apartment.
I love Baklava.They do not have it too often around here
It would be bad for the waistline if I had it more often. I'm glad you like it too.
@wolfgirl569 (21675)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you found the office. Mom and Dad insurance office was hard to find also when I need to go there. Maybe it is something they like to do.
If the sign was more prominent, it would be easier to find.