Another Blast From The Past, Computer Edition #1

@xander6464 (10703)
Wapello, Iowa
MyLot Exclusive #152-A My last grand gala video presentation, A Completely Inoffensive Blast From The Past (Link At The Bottom), was a little less than what you would call beloved and well received. That mystifies me but it doesn't matter because God didn't put me here to understand my audience. God put me here only to cater to their every whim, wish and desire. That is exactly what I'm going to do right now and they're gonna love it and completely forget any objections they had to the last one. This one is inspired by my good friend, Faye (@FayeHazel). She has talked about her old Vista laptop and how she wishes Vista was still being updated so she could still use it. And I bet she's far from the only one. So I went out and did exhaustive research until I found a video that answers some of their prayers (Editor's Note: That's code for, "He stumbled upon it by accident while researching another unrelated project")...Well, sort of. It doesn't solve any of the big problems that Faye and I'm sure others in the same boat have. I wish it did but it doesn't. What it does do is provide a short fun stroll down memory lane that points out what was better about those old computers and what was worse. It's funny, informative, nostalgic and gives solutions to make those old laptops do anything you want them to do...Except, unimportant things, you know, stuff like going online with them. So here it is, a very enjoyable look at Computing Past: http://www.mylot.com/post/3258043/a-completely-inoffensive-blast-from-the-past Gaming on a 25 YEAR OLD Laptop!!
Play World of Warships for free: http://bit.ly/2IUyWSr New players will receive 1 Million Credits, the USS Langley Premium Aircraft Carrier, 3 days premium t...
@FayeHazel (25955)
I am so flattered you thought of me, Every whim, wish and desire, eh? Oh wow. How I miss that Win95 start up sound. Computers were so magical then.
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
I always think of you. Just sometimes it's more intense than others. Like when I eat pickles...Dill Sweet. Usually, Dill because most people have a profound misunderstanding of how much better the Sweet are... and see videos about old computers. Every whim, wish and desire. That's my job. I am surprised that I remember the Win 95 sound. I was only 31. Most people don't remember things from that early in life.
@FayeHazel (25955)
@xander6464 Aw shucks. I like thinking about you thinking about intense thoughts about me. Of course it's in the conjunction of those gross pickles and old computers... but I will ignore that part and just focus on the exciting part.
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
@FayeHazel Still sour on sweet pickles, huh?
After reading computer edition #1 I went off to "play" on line the game listed below. It started out fairly even but I began losing the lead when I was distracted by the numbers. Is that an 8? Is it really an 8? Duh lost a point again. Then suddenly the game got really exciting as I battled to regain the lead. In the end the final score was 8 to 10 just enough to claim victory but not enough to brag about it. WARNING This game can not be played on a modern gaming computer as it would result in resource overkill. - state of the art please don't be offended
Pong Game is a site dedicated to the good old pong game, you can find few versions of the game along with basic information and history
@xander6464 I remember it as a home played game that someone had bought along with a strange cube called a rue beck x. I played one game and think that will last me for while. Can't say I will not spend the 300 on another game though which is amazing when I think about it that way.
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
@mynameiskate The problem with Pong is that it's way too addicting. You're lucky you can get away with one game.
@xander6464 I'm playing another older strategy online game these days which is I suppose like smoking a pong joint while taking heron? = is that even how heron is spelt? My bad.
I had a Vista computer. Worst mistake of my computing life. Another problem with my Vista was it's make - HP. I will never, ever, nada, no way happening, buy an HP computer again as long as I draw breath. I've had three computers by HP and all of them crashed in a couple of years. I am currently using Windows 10 on a Dell computer and love the journey of the past two years.
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
I've had the opposite experience with HP, they last longer than any others for me. And now I have a Dell, too. It's almost 2 years old.
@xander6464 Mine will be three in June.
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
@just4him If I remember right, mine will be three in January.
@Sojourn (2629)
I can see my childhood.... rightly said by @FayeHazel computers were so magical then
@FayeHazel (25955)
Oh so true, wasn't it? That Flying Toasters screen saver
@theend (2773)
• Vietnam
a long time playing game, I was surprised.
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
I guess it is kind of surprising.
@JESSY3236 (8692)
I don't have a laptop. My desktop is a HP with Windows 7 until I made it take Windows 10. Yes I forced Windows 10 to come early on my computer.
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
It was better to do it early because eventually, you wouldn't have a choice and it's better to do it without a deadline.
@GreatMartin (7799)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
"God put me here"--He put you here to get rid of you bothering Him!!
@xander6464 (10703)
• Wapello, Iowa
That is a popular theory but I can't confirm or deny it. When God gave me my Saint job, He made me sign an NDA.
• Agra, India
Ahh...you made me remember my childhood days