Happy and Upbeat!

Nothing much changes my mood. I am pretty much a happy and upbeat type of person. Of course, there are times I am sad, grief stricken, and angry. That’s human nature. Today I am extra happy! Our son’s father-in-law is on a med-evac jet right now flying home to the USA with his wife. For those who don’t know, he was on a vacation in Kenya where he suffered a sudden heart attack and later, a stroke in the hospital in Nairobi. It’s been a long month of worry and praying. As a semi-retired managing partner in a New York City and Boston law firm, he will no longer practice law. He decided to enjoy life, family, and friends after he gets the necessary heart surgery to repair the damage to his heart, which may not be for two more months. In the meantime, we are all extra happy and upbeat in our family. Thank you all for your prayers and hugs. His situation is a true blessing and unbelievable miracle!
Thank you for sharing this happy news with us!! I think all those prayers worked!!!
I'm a firm believer in the power of prayers. This is a day we've been waiting for for so long it seems.
That's great news that he is on his way back now . . . hope he has a safe flight home and that all goes smoothly for him!
Thank you!!!! He's still flying home, but our son call a while ago and told us he will go directly to the hospital for observation and a slew of tests. His short term memory isn't so hot.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Celebration... Happy for them
@DianneN Oh yes, I'm sure he is getting serious medical attention right now. I have heard a stroke could affect memory, but hopefully things get better for him . . . such a relief to be "home" at least, one less thing to deal with and worry about.
@acelawrites (15005)
Thanks he survived that heart attack; and his decision to just enjoy life with family and friends is the greatest thing he could do. Am glad you are so happy now.
Thank you! I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Same here
@wolfgirl569 (21513)
• Marion, Ohio
That is great news that he is headed back.
Yes, it is! Thank you!!!!!! Finally........
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Its really great news..right?
This is such good news!
Thank you! We are overjoyed!
That's great news. I won't stop praying. I'm even praying for the surgeons.
Thanks so much. It's 9:38PM and he'll be in the air for another 8 hours. He'll be going directly to the hospital once he lands.
@DianneN That's good he's going directly to the hospital. It's just too bad he'll be staying there for a couple of months before the surgery and whatever time it takes afterward. You're welcome.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Me too..prayers for him..many thankful to heaven above
@kepweng (22396)
thats good news and bad thing he didnt enjoy hes vacation in kenya beacuse of that incident
Thanks. Actually, they were at the end of their vacation. His heart attack happened on a Friday and they were planning on leaving that Sunday.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Yeah really good news...
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
I am so happy for your family Glad he took the decision to retire and enjoy his life. Hope the surgery goes well.
Thanks so much. Once he lands, he will go directly to the hospital. They have to observe and perform their own tests before any surgery will be scheduled.
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
@DianneN He will be fine now
Wonderful news. I'm so glad he's doing so well.
Thank you! As soon as he lands, he will go directly to the hospital. His short term memory isn't good, but hopefully it will improve.
It's probably just the stress his body is going through @DianneN I'll keep him in my prayers
@CarolDM (18678)
Your happiness is just what I needed to read about today. So happy for you!
Thank you! It's been a long journey - pun intended.
@CarolDM (18678)
I am glad he is on his way home and I hope everything goes good for your son;s father in law.
Many thanks, Judy.
He is smart to realize that life is precious and go for all the enjoyment he can and forget about work which takes away family and fun time.
That's true. Thank you, John. In addition, his short term memory isn't so hot since his stroke.
I am so glad that he is finally on the way home, this really was an amazing miracle, that he survived all of this so well. We do tend to take life for granted some times and I suspect that won't be the case with him from here on out. Hugs
Thanks, Iz, and again, thanks for your prayers.
You are welcome, and I'm glad he's on the mend. A long sabbatical may be just what he needs.
He's been semi retired for the last few years, and was planning to do some consulting on the side once he fully retired. Time will tell.
@UncleJoe (12882)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
And Thank God for modern medicine. Had this happened even 20 years ago he might not have survived all he's been through.
That is very true! I'm a firm believer in modern science and all its wonderful benefits.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
You must all be very relieved at this great news. I think full retirement sounds like a plan!
Thank you! Here it is at 9 o'clock at night and he's still not due in for 9 more hours. Yes, after talking to our son a few minutes ago, it seems he won't even be doing consulting work.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
@DianneN Sometimes these things are a warning sign that shouldn't be ignored.
@WorDazza I agree.
@moffittjc (50690)
• Gainesville, Florida
So glad to hear he is on his way home. He'll get the best treatment here from the doctors. Hope he is able to get his ticker back in great shape soon so he can continue to enjoy life.
Thanks, Jeff. We do have the best doctors and hospitals. That's where he needs to be. When is your surgery?
@moffittjc (50690)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN My surgery will be on the morning of March 28.
@moffittjc I will remember. My son and grandson arrive that morning. I will think of you.
@Kasjnak (3401)
That is good! My father had a heart attack more than a year ago, he was very fortunate to have doctors near when this happened. Happy and upbeat, that's the way to go and I try to be like that every day .
So glad you are upbeat and happy, too. Your father is very fortunate, indeed.
@Kasjnak (3401)
@DianneN I'm happy like a butterfly in summer. This life is short and I want to enjoy it as much as I can. As for my father, what's worst has passed, hopefully he will be ok for many years to come. If he behaves, of course .
@Kasjnak I'm so glad to hear that about your father. He must have caused you all such a fright.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
Thankfully many prayers were answered. It is a good news. We hope for a speedy recovery so that he can enjoy all that he has planned for in life.
Thanks so much. He was sent directly to the hospital in NYC where he will be thoroughly assessed to see what comes next. I thought this day would never come.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
@DianneN Glad that it has come and you must be heavily relieved. I pray that things go well from here.
@arunima25 Thank you! We are extremely relieved he is back here and can receive the treatment he needs.
@kobesbuddy (66235)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I just prayed for him and your family, too. And I will continue, for certain!
Thanks so much, Kharla. Your prayers have helped tremendously.
@kobesbuddy (66235)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN Thank God, he's still stable and doing better! Those prayers we send up, never return unanswered:(