A beautiful bloom...

@arunima25 (13608)
Bangalore, India
Morning started beautifully like a regular day. But soon it turned into an upsetting one. My domestic help will not be there for two days as she has gone to pick her son from his boarding school after his exams. He has a break for two months now. I planned to skip my outdoor exercise as today I will have all household chores to do by myself. I thought of some breathing exercises for today that can be done indoors. Now Mom in law woke up with some tantrums and soon she became too aggressive. She and her nurse help started with some argument. Poor girl!! I can see that she was going through a lot of grilling in last week due to my mom in law's temper tantrum. My husband intervened and soon he ended up with an ugly heated argument with the nurse. I intervened and had to bear with some of his verbal burnts. I tried to stay composed. Soon the ugly episode settled down and I felt really upset. Well all is settled now. My husband left for work. I thought to just water my garden. That helps me to cool down after such episodes. And I made a right choice. This new bloom in my garden lifted my spirit. This is a new plant I brought in my garden a month back and this is the first bloom. I don't know the name of the plant. Some one can help me if they know. But it helped me feel good and cheered up for the day. I am much better now. How are things at your end?? Anything that cheered you up?
• Agra, India
I'm really glad to see the way you handle things. If I get upset about something I simply hatr everything around. I fail to appreciate anything around.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
I am getting patient with things with growing age. I know in some time, I will get a Sorry message from my husband. I know him well. He tries his best but is very bad at anger management. That was never taught as a part of his growing up. I am thankful that the nurse is an angel. She is so patient and cool and quite professional. It's so good to see her back to her smiling self after all this.
• Agra, India
@arunima25 this is a big relief. Here we cannot say anything to our maids and helpers. They will leave and go immediately
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
@amitkokiladitya We know her since her childhood days. She is daughter of an old driver of my father in law. My husband encouraged her a lot and even financially supported her to be a medical nurse. And she is really good with it. She is like a family member. My husband really treats her like an younger sister. And it is a big help that she is a nurse who has worked with patients. Comes very handy in emergency cases.
@Sreekala (26941)
I can understand the situation. Day before yesterday, I was in same kind of situation and I really surprised to know my tolerance level. Hubby gets angry very easily for no reason, usually not on me but on children. The problem is, most of the time he guessed things and the reality may be different. I don't like to scold or blame children for no reason. Still I keep my silence as I don't want to blame him infront of children. Later he realizes his mistakes but what is the use on it. He keeps his cool for two days then do the same mistake.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
I think it is a common scenario and we can call it a mid age crisis.We are in between taking care of two generations ...one of elderly and one of our children. That way we are always handling issues and get exhausted at times. My husband also realized his mistake but I am sure that it does not guarantee that this will not happen again.
@Sreekala (26941)
@arunima25 Earlier his mother was with us, but she is so nice and well understanding and I never face any problem because of her.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
@Sreekala You are blessed. That is so nice to have another female who is understanding. I don't have luck in that since day one. My father in law was a gem. He was such a big support to me. I really miss him.
That is surely so beautiful my friend. Well that cheered me up is that I did not have to go out yesterday in the freezing blizzard of snow.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you. I am glad that you could stay indoors and avoid the snow.
The flower brings some cheerfulness into your life.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
Yes it does, It is so beautiful and fresh.
@hereandthere (35608)
it's hard to find caregivers so what a big relief that she agreed to care for both parents. what a colorful garden you have.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
She is an angel, my big support especially an emotional support. Yes with spring here, the garden looks beautiful.
@janethwayne (2439)
Two months is a long vacation and you have no helper in your house.And the nurse must have patient to her patient because as a medical we must have a long patent because we can really encounter problems like that much more in the hospital and ward.
@LowRiderX (3777)
• Serbia
This flower is so beautiful! I think it's kind of a Canna plant
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
Yes it is Canna. One more of mylot user confirmed that. Thank you.
@LowRiderX (3777)
• Serbia
@arunima25 I have the same, it was just a red flower, I knew it by leaf
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
@LowRiderX Yes my friend has that variety too. I will get a few of those next time.
So sorry your day started off badly. You were wise to leave the scene and soothe your frazzled nerves. Your flower is absolutely gorgeous and your garden is so neat. Wish I could identify the flower.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
Yes it was a good decision. This flower is Canna. One of the users here could help. With spring here, the garden i s so colorful with so many colorful blooms.
@arunima25 Thanks for letting me know. I love flowers and will plant them when we return up north.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
@DianneN This one is a low maintenance and easy to grow plant. It grows wild on its own.
I am sorry to hear this. Sometimes we cannot control having a bad day. Now, it is fine.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
Yes and we do need those bad days to appreciate the good small things that we tend to ignore.
@arunima25 It is how we practice our logic in solving things up. Unfortunately, some people escape from it.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
@Shavkat Good to know that you are on same page of thoughts.
22h
@arunima25 Sorry about how your day started. I love the flower in the picture.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
21h
It has been a few days now and I am back to my cheerful self. I think we all go through those bad days
19h
@arunima25 Very true and sometimes they last more than a few days. I am glad you are back to yourself again.
Your photo made me forget what I read in your post They are Canna. They were growing wild once upon a time but now I do not see them anywhere. I am longing to get one myself.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
Oh! Thank You so much. I got this from my friend's garden. They took more than a month to bloom but the wait was worth.