I am happy to finish it...

@arunima25 (13607)
Bangalore, India
Well they say when you can't solve a problem, just walk away from it for a while. The morning episode has left me feeling low and no matter how much I tried to ignore it, I could sense a heaviness in my head and heart. Moreover whenever I came across my Mom in law, she kept on nagging over some melodrama going on between her and her daughter. I have no solution to it and it was driving me crazy. So I just walked away, went to my daughters studio ( she has converted her balcony into her art corner/studio ) and worked for an hour on this painting which I started a few months back but left unfinished. When I am livid or unsure of my feelings, I like to paint or do some craft work. That helps me calm down. I am glad I did so and I finished it. I am feeling good. This is not my original but inspired by some online work. I saw it on Pinterest if I remember well. What helps you calm down?
@Janet357 (10131)
Bravo! Beautiful Painting! What inspired you to paint this one?
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
I just saw it online some time back and tried. Today it went in sync with my thoughts... A long path to go but not sure where it will end or where it will take me??
@Janet357 (10131)
@arunima25 how many days have you spent on this alone?
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@Janet357 I spent few hours in December break and I took an hour and half today to finish it. It was unattended for all this time. I have many such artworks half finished.
Sometimes there are things that we cannot solve problems on the spot. We need time to think it over. For me, I just write. Thanks for mylot that I can share things here.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Yes, writing is my another outlet. It really helps me vent out.
@arunima25 myLot is a really good help for me. It was like I am in another dimension.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@Shavkat Yes it is a good platform for expressing one self and you have a good supporting community here. Being here definitely helps in improving your language, thinking and writing skills in indirect and direct ways.
@sofssu (22812)
Lovely,I love to paint or pray when I am worried or upset.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Good to know that you also love to paint. Prayer always helps to calm down and regain the trust and strength.
I garden. Helps so much.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@everwonderwhy Gardening and getting your hands dirty in mud is so soothening. I do it with my students in my school for therapeutic purpose.
@hereandthere (35608)
i love seeing other people's handiwork. is that watercolor?
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Yed, normal poster colors. I used some of acrylic white.
@arunima25 you should have signed it at the bottom plus the month and/or year have you always drawn and painted even as a child?
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@hereandthere Yes I have. I am planning to sell it so I have not signed it.
My mom used to love to paint and also found it calming. I never got the hang of being able to paint but I crochet and it takes my mind off whatever else is going on. Glad you were able to get your painting finished and step away from the drama between your mother in law and her daughter.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Yes it helped me a lot to get distracted and calm down. I also try to crochet. I am learning it from my daughters who are too quick and creative with crochet. Any handwork calms us down. All these art and crafts are really therapeutic.
• Agra, India
This is a nice way of claiming the bad mood. When I'm really upset either I cry or go out for a walk. Both of the two help me equally.. I'm sorry for the mess that you are facing. Life does trouble us a lot atimes. I know you will definitely make things fall back in place. All will be settled when you talk to your husband in the night
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
I am glad that this bad mood helped me finish this painting that was started in December and left unfinished.
• Agra, India
@arunima25 yes...this is something you can be really happy about
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@shubhu3 (27814)
• New Delhi, India
Wow. I love it. It's been said what we can make when we are stressed comes out to be one of our bestest works. Well done. Mine is writing and sketching and music too sometimes.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Even I enjoy writing, sketching and shading or for that matter any craft work. I always listen to a good music when I do so. Thanks for your appreciation.
@shubhu3 (27814)
• New Delhi, India
@arunima25 That's great. Keep it up.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@shubhu3 Feeling motivated to do more
@Bullshark (879)
• Netherlands
Nice work of art. I usually go running or swimming to calm down...
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you. My husband calms down by cardio workout or swimming. It is good that you know what works for you.
• Netherlands
@arunima25 Running and swimming are not only ways to calm me down, both also refresh me and make me happy...
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
20h
@Bullshark Good! Enjoy doing them.
@moonandstars (13019)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Wow, this is awesome. Music helps me relaxing. BTS to be precise
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you. BTS is the Korean band , if I am not mistaken. My daughter is a bg fan of that. I always paint or do any craft with a background soothing music.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@arunima25 You are not mistaken Yes, bgm does help
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@moonandstars So did you watch their movie?.. A movie like a concert of their world tour. It was released for only a day in few movie theaters in India.
@Sreekala (26941)
That is really a nice work. Hope you will be alright with those issues.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you. I am feeling much better today. New day and new hope though the problem has still not vanished but I am keeping myself away.
@Sreekala (26941)
@arunima25 Problems are part of life and without those our life will be boring, Isn't it? (Easy to say but we have to face all things which is stored for us)
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@Sreekala I am a professional counselor and I handle my clients each day and some days I am on the other side of table.
@anil02 (5040)
If we can't solve a problem than it is best that we forget it about for some time. During my good days when I did not solve problem, than I said that I will think it with cool mind. It was help me in solving problems. Your painting is pretty one.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Yes that is a wise thing to do. Walk away and think when you are calm. I tried doing that by distracting myself with this painting.
@anil02 (5040)
@arunima25 Some time our brain gets block and it don't work, so it better to give it some rest.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@anil02 You are very right! And especially when in emotional outrage we tend to take impulsive and wrong decisions.
Amazing painting! Good outlet for a heavy heart. I wish you feeling happy everyday. Hugs! More pantings!
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Thanks for all your kind words and appreciation. I hope to do some more art work in coming days..it might not be painting only.
@arunima25 I'd love to see them shared here. I'm only good at sketching portraits. Gotta put my mind into it.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@everwonderwhy I will definitely share them here. I have some adoring my house and some still to be finished. I also like to sketch or doodle. That is so soothing.
@kepweng (22396)
nice artwork i love your painting
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you for liking it.
@kepweng (22396)
@arunima25 im a painter too but just a small canvas
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@kepweng Glad to knowPlease do share some of your work.
@arunima25 Everyone has to have something to do to calm them down.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Yes and that is good if we know what would help us or work for us.
@arunima25 So so true.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
@florelway (3508)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I do walking.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Yes walking definitely helps to calm down.
@florelway (3508)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That is a very beautiful and calming painting. When I need calming, which isn't often to be honest, there is no better place for me to be than in my husband's loving arms.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Thanks for your appreciation for the painting. Well the cause of my disturbance was my husband, so I could not do that till we both calmed down at the end of the day. In other situation when I need to calm down, I will be in his loving arms.
@valmnz (14791)
• New Zealand
That is a beautiful painting. Walking and writing both calm me and often enable me to think more clearly.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you. Walking and writing are my favorite activities too and they too help a lot to calm down.
I like your painting and the way you find calms you down. Some decisions take time. Recently I was pressured into making one and it felt good to say no I need to think about it.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you for liking my painting. It is always good to take time to make a decision. Decisions taken in emotional outrage can be impulsive and wrong. I think what you did was a right thing to do.
@janethwayne (2439)
Great.well to calm me down is to just be in a quiet place.
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Yes a quiet place definitely helps. Once in that art corner of my house, I fell very quiet.
@Sheali (6139)
That is such a serene painting.. I can get lost in thoughts..
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
Thank You. It is not my original one. Copied from some online one.