I can’t enjoy the weather any more!

@Fleura (8788)
United Kingdom
Twenty years ago, weather was something I relished. Hot summer days were glorious, windy spring weather made me want to run about, winter flooding was just another interesting challenge to work around. Now though pretty much any sort of weather seems to hark of impending apocalypse. A warm spring? A windy March? Hot summer days? Stormy autumn weather? All seem to be no longer natural changes in the seasons to be enjoyed but grim harbingers of irreversible climate change that will make the Earth uninhabitable to humans. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss. All rights reserved. © Text and image copyright Fleur 2019.
The weather is more and more weird. We reached 25º Celsius (77 F) in mid February, then the cold came back, then a strong wind and now it's warming up again. I do not like this weather.
@JWMILLER (1549)
• Lafayette, Tennessee
It seems odd to me, and I do not like it.
@JWMILLER I do not like this at all, it's not normal weather.
@Fleura (8788)
Yes we had a ridiculously warm February too, it's not usually much warmer than that in June!
In the area in which I have lived all my life, the weather is the same as the weather I experienced as a kid.
@JWMILLER (1549)
• Lafayette, Tennessee
Not where I live in Tennessee, Weather has changed to a great extent.
@JWMILLER Ours has remained pretty much the same for decades.
@Fleura Yes, I suppose some areas experience a change and some do not. What happens during the seasons here is the same as when I was a kid.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
I find that a lot of the focus for tackling this is firmly fixed on the wrong place. While we are being warned of dire consequences if we don't shove our plastic bottles into the correct bin or switch to re-usable coffee cups etc. the likes of China and India are polluting on a national scale as if it's going out of fashion (which, to be fair, it is!!) Add to that the fact that retailers clearly haven't got the environmental memo, when it comes to the ridiculous amounts of packaging they use, and what we are being bludgeoned into doing as individuals is like urinating into a force 10. We need world leaders with integrity and an interest that goes beyond their own pockets. I won't be holding my breath.
@JWMILLER (1549)
• Lafayette, Tennessee
The biggest problem that we have is NO LEADERSHIP to correct his process in real power.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
@JWMILLER I do believe there is a distinct lack of altruism across the world right now!!
@Fleura (8788)
@JWMILLER No you're right. Plenty of people are doing their bit to change things, but the really big names in world power are conspicuous by their absence!
@Ronrybs (8621)
• London, England
After that particularly mild February, March is a bit closer to normal. I got totally soaked this morning, so that is about right!
@Fleura (8788)
It's been really windy here, I keep thinking that this stormy weather is climate change in action. I have to remind myself of the old 'in like a lion, out like a lamb' mantra - maybe this is normal for March.
@JWMILLER (1549)
• Lafayette, Tennessee
Weather seems to have more extremes than when I was growing up.
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
The weather is becoming very odd everywhere, it is due to climate changes.
@JWMILLER (1549)
• Lafayette, Tennessee
Surely. We cannot see the Milky Way anymore because of pollution, and pollution is often making the air unsafe to breathe.
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
@JWMILLER if governments don't take measures the future is going to be very dark.
@shubhu3 (27814)
• New Delhi, India
Global warming indeed has its effects.
@JWMILLER (1549)
• Lafayette, Tennessee
It surely seems so to me.
@shubhu3 (27814)
• New Delhi, India
@JWMILLER Same here.
@DianeBorg (456)
• Malta
Here in Malta we are having lots of strong wind, last time we had a medicane (Mediterranean hurricane), that went up to force 11, I think it only happened about 40 years ago and even in summer it is windy now.
@Fleura (8788)
Yes, at first everyone thought 'warmer summers, great!' but now we are finding out what other effects climate change can have.
• Malta
@Fleura Yes, and they are getting worser.
The weather seems to be as it always has been with what seems to be a few surprises thrown in.
@Fleura (8788)
It's definitely different over here. The funny thing is when I was young I remember everyone worrying that another ice age was coming - do you remember that?
@Fleura No. Lol!
15h
Yes, it's changing more every year it seems.
@Fleura (8788)
14h
Do you remember when we were supposed to be worried about the coming of another ice age??
@Beatburn (4202)
We need to change our way of life to back when it was simpler and not living like we are sucking mother earth dry.
@Fleura (8788)
We have got to the point where we think we are in control of everything, but we will soon learn that we are not!
@Fleura Last year it seemed like the winter that usually ends here around April or May and spring arrives lasted longer than it should have and brought us very weird weather that I did not want to be out in. It is hard to explain but it was very weird weather.
@Torunn (3276)
• Norway
But todays weather is more influnced by the climate change than 20 years ago, so the warm summer now is much warmer and drier and not as nice.
@JWMILLER (1549)
• Lafayette, Tennessee
And not enough people seem interested in doing anything really important to change things. We plan ion being in London and York in the fall.
@topffer (37792)
• France
I do not think we can speak of climate change because a winter is more sweet or more cold. With only 1°C more than 50 years ago, it is difficult to tell, but we know that it might turn soon to a disaster if we do not do anything to limit global warming in the years coming. I read that we have 12 years left for that, it is really not a lot of time.
We have had some pretty crazy weather lately
@janethwayne (2439)
It is confusing I agree that's why it is important to take care of our environment.
• Agra, India
Yes...weather changes are so weird these days