What's the point of submitting for review if stuff with errors still gets published?

Staten Island, New York
On Virily, whatever you publish (posts, quizzes, polls, lists, etc.) doesn't get published automatically. You submit it for review and then if admin approve it it gets published. What is the point of requiring this if stuff still gets published with errors in it. I've seen plenty of this with quizzes, which is what I engage with the most on the site. No answer selected as the correct answer; yes or no answer choices when they shouldn't even be there; wrong answers selected as the correct answers; no correct answer in the answer choices; grammar issues and misspelled words; etc.... Stuff with issues should not be approved for publication. They should have the author fix the issues and resubmit for review before publishing. Otherwise, stuff should just get published automatically. I am not really sure what they check for, and if they check for anything, when they review stuff for publication... If they actually review stuff then how come things get published with errors in them and sometimes lots of them?
@dya80dya (12076)
They review polls and stories. I made a poll and they didn't approve it. It was too short
• Staten Island, New York
I thought polls had to have three questions. I've seen many with only one. Why is that?
@dya80dya (12076)
@lovebuglena I didn't know that polls should have 3 questions. I saw many approved polls with one question.
• Staten Island, New York
@dya80dya Maybe the rules changed...
@TheSojourner (18126)
That is probably the $64,000 Question that will never be answered! It's why I don't deal with online writing sites much anymore. I'm tired of the arbitrary rules that make no sense.
@kobesbuddy (66235)
• East Tawas, Michigan
What is the purpose of publishing something, if it's a mess or not completed in some way? The administration isn't reviewing these submissions very closely or these bogus writings would never get published.
• Staten Island, New York
To allow stuff to be published that needs to be fixed is not a good thing for the author or the site.
@kobesbuddy (66235)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@lovebuglena It's an indication, that neither the author nor the administration, is doing their job efficiently.
• Staten Island, New York
@kobesbuddy True. Are you on that site?
I find it rare to find a printed book that doesn't have editing errors in it somewhere. In an ideal world, review would catch every mistake. But in reality, that rarely happens.
• Staten Island, New York
For a book that's different. And there is nothing wrong if there are a few mistakes. But many is not good.