Friday, let's get going

Hubby needs fasting blood work for the heart doctor and for another doctor he needs his iron count, so we are going to do that first thing. I need to get back in time to go to the herb class. This afternoon I donate blood at the Red Cross Blood Drive. My blood type is in demand. Tonight, hubby has a ticket to go to a Beast Feast--a wild game meal prepared by local church members, held at a lake activity center. I bet he has fun. There will be items auctioned for a fund raiser for a food bank. The meal is free. I will be back, though, in between things. Love my day, really.
@myklj999 (24667)
• Olney, Illinois
Donating blood...a very good cause.
I used to do platelets a lot, then about the time I got my diabetes and fibro diagnosis I did not feel well enough. Then we moved. I just had not gotten back in the habit, but I need to. I regard it as good for the receivers, but it also is good for me, like an oil change.
I hope he ate well after his fasting blood work was done. That's great you donate blood. I'm sure so many are thankful to you for it.
He came home hungry, so yes he ate a good breakfast. He really enjoyed the beast feast too.
16h
@GardenGerty yay. So happy to hear this!
@porwest (13342)
Pretty full Friday it seems for you. But at least you enjoyed it. I was just glad to be done with work for the week.
It seems that the more I need to do the more motivated I am. It makes me feel more positive.
@porwest (13342)
@GardenGerty Finding projects actually IS very motivating. Anything that gets me off the couch and doing something usually results in me doing a lot more and getting a lot more accomplished. It's the getting off the couch part that's tough.
I had my blood drawn this morning .For my check up on Friday.
Bob will have a check up tomorrow, Tuesday. This blood draw was for that and was for the heart doctor as well.
Good morning wish the best of luck there.
Our younger son donates his blood regularly. Good for you, too! Enjoy your day. It sounds very busy to me.
Blood donations are very necessary and I love being able to do it.
Sounds like you have a busy day ahead. Kudos to you for donating blood to the Red Cross.
I am pleased to be able to do it. I think busy days are good for me, they help me not be bored.
@GardenGerty I prefer days when I'm busy too,
I'm sure he'll enjoy the beast feast. I was a member of a church for a short time that had a wildlife dinner for the men. Enjoy your herb class and hope all his numbers are good.
As I look online it seems lots of churches all over the US do this as fund raisers. The raffle proceeds here go to support the food bank.
@GardenGerty That's wonderful.
Hope your husband does have fun at the event.
He had a good time.He says he ate a lot, which makes me happy. It was good for him.
@BarBaraPrz (22173)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You're not going to the feast?
No, it is not my type of thing. The tickets are in such short supply that I would rather see someone who really loves it get to go. I will stick to my herb workshops.
Sounds like you have a good one planned.
Yes, it was a good day.
My husband used to go to a wild game supper every year around this time of the year too. It was a fund raiser. Enjoy your day, sounds like its going to be a busy one.
I was looking online to learn about the tickets and I saw that many churches have this kind of fund raiser/fellowship this time of year. Bob had gone to one in Alaska years ago.
I wish I could donate blood but I am now refused for too much time spent in Europe, mad cow and all that lol I know, but it's true
Is there an upper age limit for giving blood in your country? They didn't want mine after I'd turned 65 even though my blood group is quite rare - it's AB. Have you heard how Patsie is?
@janethwayne (2608)
I like that kind of event. Enjoy.
@wolfgirl569 (21675)
• Marion, Ohio
Busy day. Enjoy
@florelway (3604)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Great you had a good day.
@Icydoll (29485)
Enjoy your day..catch you later dear friend