A 'Green' Birthday Party

@MarymargII (11173)
Toronto, Ontario
No- not an environmentally-friendly birthday party but 'GREEN' as in ST. Patrick's Day Green. We don't really even ever celebrate St. Paddy's Day except for the odd Irish Coffee but this year I thought I'd give that theme to my husband's family birthday party. After all, his birthday is on March 20th and we're celebrating it this weekend- a little early. Even though just my family and grandkids are coming I thought I'd add a few Irish Green party favours, etc. to the party fare. Just for fun I will have a green icing'd cake and I may even add some green food colouring to my son-in-law's and son's beer. Ha! And of course there will be Irish Coffees as that is my husband's specialty and he makes them perfectly. He is from Northern Ireland so he does have a little experience in making them. Will I wear a green hat? I just might! Yes it is silly but it's also fun so that counts me in for sure- lol!
I like your idea of a green birthday!! I think you would lovely in a green hat!!
@MarymargII (11173)
• Toronto, Ontario
Lol! Yes- Or a loud and tacky headband-----lol!
Irish coffee I like.
@MarymargII (11173)
• Toronto, Ontario
It's a favourite of mine. Can't drink it too late because of the coffee- could keep me awake---lol!
St. Paddy's Day is always good for some green fun.
@MarymargII (11173)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes it is-- I usually just watch but this time I'll add a bit of green to my day.
The Irish sure know how to make a perfect Irish coffee. It sounds like a wonderful green birthday to me. Happy upcoming birthday to your husband!
@MarymargII (11173)
• Toronto, Ontario
Well thanks and it was a super Irish Coffee. Think I'll have another one really soon! lol!
@MarymargII We learned how to make them in Ireland and have the cups and Jameson to make them. Go for it!
@MarymargII (11173)
• Toronto, Ontario
@DianneN Go for one soon! Tis the Season!
@Nana49 (3248)
Sounds like its gonna be wonderful .. :)
@MarymargII (11173)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, it will be fun and hope everyone is a little surprised at the Green additions.
@Nana49 (3248)
@MarymargII Sounds fun :)
@MarymargII (11173)
• Toronto, Ontario
@Nana49 They're good at the end of a meal! Try one some day!
• Midland, Michigan
14h
That sounds like fun. I'm surprised you don't have a green party for him every year with the family even if his birthday isn't on the particular day. Especially since he's of Irish decent. I told someone I hadn't had anything sweet for some months, but I forgot I did have two cookies that were available at work on that day.
Fun is the name of the game! hope the party was fantastic and everyone enjoyed the "green" theme. Happy Birthday to you husband (in advance)
Break out the green eggs and ham.