Who is Your Favourite Author?

http://www.mylot.com/post/3254267/an-unexpected-lesson
This morning I finished the eighth book in the Anne of Green Gables series. It started over the Christmas holidays. My daughters and I watched the movie based on the first book in the series (the made-for-TV mini-series starring Megan Follows). The movie was faithful to the original novel. We watched the first half of the second mini-series that was made a couple of years later and my oldest daughter and I had a lengthy discussion on the liberties that the scriptwriter had taken with the original material. I have never watched the third mini-series (Anne of Green Gables the Continuing Story) because the trailer that I saw was virtually unrecognizable as the story as written by Lucy Maud Montgomery. I didn’t re-read the first book in the series. I’ve read it more times than I can remember over the years but since the first of the year, I have re-read the rest of the series. It was a pleasant surprise to enjoy the last half of the series (beginning with Anne’s House of Dreams) far more now than I did when I originally read them many, many years ago. And the final book, Rilla of Ingleside, that I just finished this morning has secured L. M. Montgomery as my all-time favourite author. Unlike the other books in the series. Rilla is a true historical novel documenting the Canadian Homefront during World War I. In all honesty, I probably cried harder reading parts of it than I did when I first read Anne as a child (Anne of Green Gables was the first novel I ever read that moved me to tears). I’m a little sad to say goodbye to the Anne saga. But I am looking forward to reading some of her other novels (Emily of New Moon is next on my list) and there is always her vast treasure trove of short stories if I want something short and sweet. Favourite authors are much like old friends with the added benefit that they can keep us company at anytime day or night. Do you have a favourite author?
That would be F. Scott Fitzgerald.
I've enjoyed his stuff. Which is your favourite? (I'm having entirely too much fun annoying Grammarly with British spelling )
@SophiaMorros I always use British spelling. I learnt it at school and stick to it.
@MALUSE I'm Canadian. American spelling looks wrong to me. Grammarly argues with me about it daily.
@WiseGhots (13389)
I don't have a THE favorite, but I like Stephen King.
I've enjoyed some of Stephen King's stuff. But most of it is a bit too dark and creepy for me.
@WiseGhots (13389)
@SophiaMorros Haha... That's why I like his books!
King used to be good but has been mediocre to bad the last couple decades.
I've read so many books in my life that I can't answer this. I don't re-read books. So many books, so little time!
I'll never read everything that interests me and there are a lot of books that I would not reread. However, there are some that I reread as part of education my children that I enjoyed more and got more out of than when I originally read them myself as a child.
@SophiaMorros I can understand this. An adult reads a book for children or teens differently.
@CarolDM (18900)
I don't have a favorite one. But I love the daffodils in the photo.
Thanks you. My yard is full of daffodils at the moment.
@CarolDM (18900)
@SophiaMorros I have some around one tree in the back, I need to plant more.
@UncleJoe (12944)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I have to divide my choice between Janette Oakes and Louis L'Mour. I love the way they draw pictures with words.
I've read both and enjoyed them. But I find both of them start to get annoying if I read too many of their books consecutively. I have never gotten to the end of an L. M. Montgomery book and felt the need to switch to another author for a while.
I really can't choose a favorite author. I enjoy so many from Barbara Bradford Taylor, Pat Conroy, Brad Meltzer, Bella Polle, Edgar Allen Poe, even Walt Whitman.
There are a lot of fantastic authors and I don't read one to the exclusion of all others. However, I do find myself regularly circling back to Montgomery and I have never had reason to regret that.
@SophiaMorros I hear you! I am about to start a new book right now. I don't even care who wrote it. I feel like reading and relaxing. Enjoy your Saturday!!!!
Thanks! You too!
Hard for me to pick a favorite. I do like the books written by Kristen Hannah quite a bit. As for classic literature, that would be Edgar Allan Poe.
I can't read the name Edgar Allan Poe without hearing a thump-thump in my head.
@SophiaMorros Yes, "The Tell-Tale Heart" will do that to a person.
@db20747 (15374)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
My favorite auther was of young adult writer Walter Dean Myers!!
Fallen Angels was really good!
@LowRiderX (4058)
• Serbia
I would single out as a favorite - Clive Cussler
5h
I've only read his kid's book :Vin Fizz
@LowRiderX (4058)
• Serbia
2h
@SophiaMorros I did not hear for that his book. He has a lot of books, but most of them do not have a translation into the Serbian language and they are not available for sale here. His book 'Raise the Titanic' I could not find it here, and then one acquaintance sent me from the United States, so I have that book, but it's in English language
24m
@LowRiderX time to practice your English skills, perhaps?
5h
I don't think I do really but I do have a few books which are strong favourites.
5h
Usually I get tired of an author after I've read a couple of their books back to back. I'm on book 9 of my L. M. Montgomery run and still going strong. She also has an awesome assortment of short stories.