Glitter Beer Is Quite Popular These Days

There are many beer-drinkers out there who seem to enjoy drinking glitter beer. Glitter beer really does sparkle, and there are certainly a lot of humans who do seem to love sparkle. The beer that shimmers is absolutely safe to drink. Sasquatch Brewing makes a lovely Gold Dust Woman beer that has a beautiful glimmer to it. Gold Dust Woman beer swirls as it shimmers for your drinking pleasure. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the food-grade dust, called Luster Dust, that is added to kegs of beer to create the beer that glitters. The Luster Dust added to beer for glittering-purposes is made from mica-based pearlescent pigments, sugar, and maltodextrin, a white powder that is made from wheat, potato starch and corn. On St. Patrick's Day, some folks may go for the pot-of-gold glitter beer rather than the green beer. .
@UncleJoe (12882)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Well, who wouldn't want sparkly kidneys?
I would like sparkly kidneys.
@UncleJoe (12882)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Corbin5 Great! Just don't be showing them off.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Hahahaha...its so funny, but you have a point there LoL
@owlwings (40395)
• Cambridge, England
What is known as a 'mica-based pearlescent pigment' in the US appears to be identical with the EU's food number E171, which is Titanium dioxide - the same pigment which makes white paint (and many other things, including toothpaste and medications and many, many foods) white. It is a micro-particle and, when inhaled as a dust, it is likely to be carcinogenic. Of course, when you drink it, you are unlikely to inhale it (!) but, even so, what are those microparticles doing to your stomach lining and intestines? You may find this article (and some of the comments below it) interesting:
I've been warning about the dangers of processed foods for many years now. Today an article on the dangers of a common food additive, titani...
@Fleura (8788)
That's interesting (and not in a good way!) I knew it was used in paints and in those thick sunscreens that are used by skiers etc. Luckily I don't like pure white foods, I think they look unnatural (and it turns out, they are!)
@owlwings (40395)
• Cambridge, England
@Fleura I have used gold lustre very occasionally and in very small amounts in individual glasses of prosecco. It is made from titanium dioxide and iron oxide and is sold as something one brushes onto icing on cakes to give a gold lustre. J2O, the drinks company, occasionally produce a shimmer version of their drinks at Christmas. I do agree with you that there is no need for 'whiter than white' icing, cream, toothpaste or the many other things one finds it in!
@Fleura (8788)
@owlwings Is that what they use to make the glittery icing for children's cakes?
@Poppylicious (10476)
Oooh, glitter and sparkles! I wouldn't be able to resist. Well, I would. But, oooh!
Ya gotta love glitter and sparkles!!
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Kidney glittering that's the effects
Does it taste different?
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
No idea..all I know is the glitter
@shubhu3 (27814)
• New Delhi, India
It looks fascinating.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
And interesting
It is rather pretty to look at.
@shubhu3 (27814)
• New Delhi, India
@Corbin5 Yes indeed.
@garymarsh6 (15716)
They made a soft fruit drink in a similar way a few years ago. I have not seen it since. I know you can buy vodka with flakes of gold leaf that float in it but it is not something I would buy. Someone gave it to me as a gift. The vodka was not that nice to be honest .
It seems that flecks of gold are adorning so many foods and drinks lately. I am rather lost on the appeal, however.
@Fleura (8788)
@Corbin5 @garymarsh6 It's just to show off isn't it? Look at me, I'm so rich I can eat gold-plated food! At least gold is inert.
@Yes, I suppose it is for those who want to show off a bit.
@jobelbojel (11061)
Looks interesting. I am not sure if this one is available in the market. It looks expensive too, doesn't it?
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
No idea but for sure its expensive in peso..
@valmnz (14791)
• New Zealand
Ha, Ha, that certainly brightens up the world.
@valmnz Me too!
@Janet357 (10131)
A, just wondering how much is it.
@Janet357 I think so too.
Those things are may be nice, but I would abstain to drink anything with something inside. They sold those glitters here during the holidays.
Hmmmm, that sounds almost as good as that German Gold Water whiskey .... I can't remember how to spell it, I think it's goldschlager or something like that, it is very strong and a lot of the GIs my friends knew used to buy it for parties, back in the early 1970s..
I have not heard of that whiskey, but I bet is was popular back then.
It's a German whiskey that some of my friends boyfriends found here after they did an Army tour in Germany @Corbin5 those guys thought it was kool to drink and I did taste it, it has real flakes of gold in it.
@CarolDM (18678)
I was thinking of St. Patrick's day as I read your post. This would be good for those who celebrate.
@CarolDM (18678)
That does look pretty and might entice more people to drink it. However it probably could have been given a better name instead of making it seem something only women would enjoy.
Perhaps ladies do drink more of this than guys.
Haha but why? lol I will never understand these novelty foods/drinks they are fun to read about though x
Yes, so many foods have been dressed up a lot to look quite fancy.
It looks quite lovely like fairy dust.
I don't drink so can't really say much. But it is safe and how does it flush out from the body.
Yes, it is safe. I bet people just try it once for the fun of it.
@bunnybon7 (39294)
• Holiday, Florida
well they might. do you drink it? i hear there is one now called Bon and Viv too
@janethwayne (2439)
I will be a fan of that too and it will be more tempting to drink especially if it is very cold.
It would be fun to try.
@PatZAnthony (13483)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
While I know it is not for me, some out there will enjoy this. It does seem a little odd, doesn't it?
Yes, humans do come up with some strange ideas. I suppose it would be fun to serve at a special event.
I would drink it!
I would give it a try too.