Wild Mint Memories

@CarolDM (18678)
Wild mint is growing in my screen room for my cats. I also use it in my hot tea with honey and cream. The Dude especially likes it, he eats it, and sometimes will jump inside the container and just lay on the mint. He is a clown. Brendel likes it when the Dude is not watching. So finicky. If I want some for my tea, I will pick a bunch, bring it inside, rinse it off, and let it dry out. Then put it in a container. When I make my tea I just sprinkle some mint on top. Then I let it brew a few minutes and it smells and tastes like being at my Grandmother's. Such wonderful memories. She always picked her mint wild from the woods all around her home. Many memories of sitting on her front porch swing, with Dustin as well. Another great memory. My neighbor passed away last year with cancer. She gave me this mint from her mint bush. So I have memories of her each time I see it and smell it as well. What would we do without memories. They make up my life. Couldn't survive without them. And you? Do you have memories that get your through life? Perhaps you are still making memories. That is good either way. Have a great weekend everyone!
Memories are ultimately all we have.
@CarolDM (18678)
You are right.
@moffittjc (50690)
• Gainesville, Florida
Some memories can fade with time, which is why I'm so happy to have so many photo albums of all the years of my kids growing up. But some memories will stick with us for a lifetime, even without photos to remind us. There are so many things I still remember so vividly from my childhood. Good things of course. I had a great upbringing. I'm still making lots of memories with my own kids, even though they are in the upper teens now and like to do their own thing.
@CarolDM (18678)
Photos are priceless, I agree. I too have those forever memories burned into my mind and heart. Both good and bad. Keep on keeping on with the memories. You are blessed.
@moffittjc (50690)
• Gainesville, Florida
@CarolDM Thanks! I find it surprising that I don't remember too many bad memories over the course of my life. But I think I read somewhere that our brains are hardwired to maintain good memories and block out much of the details of bad memories. However, even if that's true, many people can remember every details of certain bad things that happened to them in their lives.
@CarolDM (18678)
@moffittjc I do or I wouldn't survive. In the beginning I saw no way to get though but I have many more good days now. No need to apologize, it helps to talk about it. It is always there whether I talk about it or not. Thank you.
@1hopefulman (38544)
I have many great memories of friends no longer here! I have tried to grow mint inside my apartment many times but have been unsuccessful. I wonder what I am doing wrong?
@CarolDM (18678)
Yes that is great. I am not sure, make sure there is plenty of sunlight. Never tried growing it indoors. Here is a link, of course they always make it sound so easy.
Growing and planting mint indoors is easy. You can find mint growing indoors in a pot of soil or even in a bottle of water. You can find out how to grow mint indoors with information found in this article.
@1hopefulman (38544)
@CarolDM Thanks for the link! I live on one side of a large apartment building and it is probably because I don't get too much sun. I will keep trying because I love the smell of mint and thanks for the link.
@CarolDM (18678)
@1hopefulman You are welcome. Good luck!
@moonandstars (13019)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Mint and cats, a big mystery I'm not sure. Many things I try to forget cause, it was taught by people who hurt me later so, at the moment, I can't tell.
@CarolDM (18678)
I know, it gives them energy I know that! We all have not so good memories, they haunt me all the time. But I try to focus on the good as much as possible.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@CarolDM I also try to do the same but, I should try harder. Thank you
@CarolDM (18678)
@moonandstars You are welcome, it is always a work in progress.
@wolfgirl569 (21513)
• Marion, Ohio
I have catnip growing out back wild. It smells good.
@CarolDM (18678)
Good for you, The cats love it.
@wolfgirl569 (21513)
• Marion, Ohio
@CarolDM Its in the area I want to build an outdoor pen for the house cats.
@CarolDM (18678)
@wolfgirl569 That would be great.
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
I think I am still making my memories but I already have some precious ones
@CarolDM (18678)
I am too but i have many of lost loved ones.
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
@CarolDM life has been hard to you
I have 4 o' clock flowers in the garden, the seeds of the early plants came from my grandmother garden. I keep the seeds year after year and every year the flowers grow numerous and stay for months. They reminds me my grandmother and the summers I spent in her farm house.
@CarolDM (18678)
That is a wonderful memory you have. It is forever. Enjoy your garden.
@CarolDM I have a jar of seeds, they produce many seed and auto-seed, so I keep those I find on the pathway.
@cintol (10109)
Memories are what hold us together, I love mint plants. Our old house had raspberry bushes and my grand kids loved picking the berries and sitting in the yard eating them. They miss them so much so I found two raspberry bushes at the store, I am planting one in their yard and one in our new yard so we can continue to keep our memories.
@CarolDM (18678)
Yes they do Cindy. I am glad you are planting a bush.
@cintol (10109)
@CarolDM They are excited, we will be planting them tomorrow.
We have lost Preiti and not a day goes by without my watching all those videos I captured of her
@CarolDM (18678)
I am sorry, I do know the pain you feel. You are lucky to have videos. What I would give to have videos of my pets and especially my son. Only photos.
@CarolDM You did not know you lost your son
• Rupert, Idaho
Never tried mint in my tea, but sounds nice. Yes, memories are very good to have...I do have memories of some that I have lost myself...but still making memories with the rest.
@CarolDM (18678)
Ih it is great Courtney. You are making memories every day with Eli and your husband.
• Rupert, Idaho
@CarolDM That is very true, and I am glad :)
@Nevena83 (17653)
• Serbia
My yard is a lot of wild mint and I like her scent. I do not like my memories because they do not give me peace.
@CarolDM (18678)
That is great it grows will there too. Sorry you have bad memories, I have plenty of those too.
@Nevena83 (17653)
• Serbia
@CarolDM Yes, I know and I'm sorry. You are a very brave woman, I am very hard to deal with bad things.
@janethwayne (2439)
I saw a wild mint when I was in Australia it is near the beach somewhere in Margaret river and the smell is amazing.
@CarolDM (18678)
That is great, they are amazing.
@Nana49 (3155)
I also have fond memories of me and my aunt sitting in my grandmas front porch swing ..we use to do this alot .. Now everytime i see a porch swing it reminds me of those great memories .. I live in an apartment but i would love to have. A house with a porch swing
@CarolDM (18678)
Something cool about a porch swing.
Yes, all kinds of memories. Music memories, and plant memories, and memories of cumulus clouds stacked up in a blue August sky at my grandparent's house. Love that you have many generations of mint memories.
@CarolDM (18678)
That is great Heather. Yes I have memories to hold onto forever. The people are gone but still in my heart.
@Hate2Iron (11314)
Memories gets us through a tough day!! Couldn't agree more!!
@CarolDM (18678)
Yes indeed, they get me through every day.
@jobelbojel (11061)
Memories good or bad are still can give us the lesson as well. The wild mint looks like the one we use as a cough remedy.
@CarolDM (18678)
You are right. Never heard of it used for a cough.
• Austin, Texas
Oh yeah. I come from a large family and I have a large family. Been with the same 40 years. I have lots of memories. I dream about them!
@CarolDM (18678)
Good for you!
Now and then when doing work online or listening to music memories have a way of coming alive. I love the scent of mint.
@CarolDM (18678)
Music does it for me often. Funny how smells can take us back to a special memory.
Have a great weekend my friend and, very nice memory.
@CarolDM (18678)
Thank you and you too!
Sounds good, if I was growing mint I would make a mint julep! I should grow catnip, kitty would thank me1
@CarolDM (18678)
Kitty would definitely thank you. Easy to grow.