Ta Da!!!

@WorDazza (11748)
Manchester, England
So here he is folks. The loveable bundle of fun known as Dexter. And yes, before you ask, it is from the TV show. Let's face it, there was no way we could call him anything else. He's a dead ringer. It's as if Michael C Hall is in my kitchen. I may not be around much for the next few days. I'm typing this from the rapidly closing jaws of Dexter and I can already feel the digestive juices getting to work on my feet. To be fair it's not a totally unpleasant sensation. A bit like having the skin removed from the soles of my feet with a cheese grater. And I said I'd never try that again!! Anyway, I jest!! No, really, I'm joking. I don't want the venus fly trap extraction squad being inundated with calls from concerned myLotters. They're far too busy for hoax calls. The real reason for my impending absence is that it's Mrs. WorDazza's birthday this Sunday and mine on Tuesday. We have our son and daughter arriving tomorrow for a long weekend of eating, drinking and general carousing so I may not be able to attend to myLot in the way I would normally. Although I will do my best. Have a good weekend everyone. Now if I could just get this bloody trap open. I'm beginning to lose all feeling in my feet!!! P.S. Couldn't work out how to orientate the picture correctly. Life's too short. And it's getting very dark in here! P.P.S. pic is now oriented correctly thanks to JJ's advice. It may be the last thing I do while still in possession of both feet!!
@myklj999 (24490)
• Olney, Illinois
You orient the picture correctly by deleting it and replacing it with this one after downloading it
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Cheers. I've given you a credit in the edit. Ooh that rhymes!!
Happy birthday. Mine is tomorrow. Lots of good people born in this group of days.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Happy Birthday for tomorrow. March does seem to be a very busy month for birthdays. Something to do with summer love maybe!!
@WorDazza I think so!
Absolutely love Dexter. Love those jaws. Happy Birthday to the both of you and may all of your best wishes come true. Enjoy the weekend.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
The jaws do have a certain hypnotic quality about them. I can stare at them all day. Thanks! I'm off work until Thursday so my wishes have already come true
You have your own Little Shop of Horrors there . We had a couple of those - they never lasted, but it was great fun feeding them flies ... I didn't think to get a foot massage ! Well a happy early birthday to you and Mrs. WorDazza - enjoy your birthday family time - and be careful of that Dexter!
but you live in a sunny place. how long did they last? what you do mean you fed them flies?
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
With the cats and the dog I already had a little shop of horrors. At least Dexter doesn't require walking or letting in/out at all hours.
@WorDazza But all of them seem to have a "thing" for feet !
@CarolDM (18678)
I love it and must get me one!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
They do have a certain something about them don't they. It's like lots of Kermit the Frogs with teeth!
@CarolDM (18678)
@WorDazza Such personality. And I instantly was taken back to the movie.
@WorDazza i love kermit, but now you make me think of him as edward scissorhands!
@karakay (106)
This reminds me of Plants vs Zombies game! I want to have one too!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
When I saw your name I had to do a double take. I thought Audrey from The Little Shop Of Horrors had replied!! They're supposed to be difficult to keep alive. You need humid, sunny conditions. We get the humid here just not so much of the sunny
@karakay (106)
@WorDazza I'm from the Philippines and it's summer time here, pretty hot! So, Dexter would love it here...
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
@karakay And so would I. It's freezing cold, windy and pouring with rain here.
Dexter is adorable! Congratulations! And happy birthday to you and Mrs Wordazza!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Thank you. I am a proud father!! And cheers for the birthday wishes.
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
Happy birthday to you and your wife Does it really eats flies?
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Thanks. Yeah, it traps flies and other small insects in those heads.
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
@WorDazza i need to buy one but I have no idea if I will find It here.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
18h
@nela13 I got mine from a garden centre. Not all of them in tbe UK sell venus fly traps but quite a few do.
Have a wonderful birthday bash and best wishes to you and your wife! See if Dexter likes a shot of whiskey and cake.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
15h
Ta very much! Not sure I want a hungover venus fly trap in the house. I know how hungry I get when I'm hungover!!
10h
@WorDazza . Dexter may be just like you and eat more flies!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
9h
@DianneN I hope he does. Maybe that's how I get him to keep the house clear of flies. Keep him hungover
Happy late birthday to you and early birthday to Mrs WorDazza! hope you both have a great time with the kids!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Thank you. I have aleady got drunk with my son while watching some football games so it's started well
@WorDazza Oh good! never a problem getting drunk!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
@Marty1 I do find it very easy to do
Dexter is a boy's name!!!!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Can't you tell he's a boy? You can't tell in that photo but he has a magnificent moustache!!
@WorDazza If you say so
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
@allknowing You should know by now I never speak an untruth
@FayeHazel (25787)
LOL. Happiest of birthday wishes to you and your Missus! Look, that rhymes! No, I hope you have a great day/s/week/month Do your feet with a cheese grater? There actually is a foot grater (sold under different names) but basically, yeah lol! Dexter is the best name, next to Audrey II of course, for such a plant. :-D
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
15h
Thanks very much. Just about to leave for a nice late lunch. I think I've seen those foot things. I'd probably break them the state my feet are in. An angle grinder would be more suitable!! We did consider Audrey but thought it was maybe a bit too obvious.
@FayeHazel (25787)
12h
@WorDazza Enjoy lunch :-) Lol. They do go dull after a bit. I think I might want a Dremel to do mine, too.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
9h
@FayeHazel Maybe Dremel should do a footcare range. You should suggest it to them
@GreatMartin (7786)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Seen "The Little Shop of Horrors" lately?? Seymour needs to get some food! Happy Birthday!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
I'm trying to find some insects for him. I'm getting worried that he's looking at me and seeing lunch!
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
7h
@WorDazza Just checking in--3 days now and you are still alive! WHEW!!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
6h
@GreatMartin Still here. Although I could be Dexter pretending to be WorDazza!!
So this is Dexter, very cute addition to your family. I plan to buy one, no pity for the flies in summer. You will be busy with birthday celebrations. Advanced Happy Birthday to your wife and to you.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Thank you very much. I would recommend buying one. He keeps me entertained. In fact I can spend ages just looking at him. Mrs. WorDazza is getting a bit jealous I think.
@WorDazza Try to look at him while Mrs. WorDazza is not around or not looking at you.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
@LadyDuck A bit tricky. She can't take her eyes off me. And who could blame her?
@Nana49 (3155)
Happy birthday mine was in march as well. :)
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Thank you. A belated happy birthday to you too. Busy birthday month is March!!
@Nana49 (3155)
@WorDazza thanks seems mylot has a lot of people born in. March ..
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
9h
@Nana49 My family does too. June is obviously the month of love!!
Happy Birthday and advance Happy Birthday @NJChicaa . More birthdays to come...
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Thank you.
@WorDazza You are welcome
@BloggerDi (1402)
12h
Dexter's an attractive and fascinating little plant, even if he is hungry for your flesh! I hope you're thoroughly enjoying your family celebration weekend!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
9h
I'm a proud father!!!! Having a great time thanks. Great night at a comedy club last night, lovely lunch today and will be having a birthday breakfast tomorrow. For the past few days I've managed to stay slightly drunk for most of the time.
He is a beaut!
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
I'm a very proud father.
@janethwayne (2439)
Enjoy your time with your family.My daughter just arrived too and we will eat dinner tomorrow for my niece birthday.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Thank you. Have a wonderful day on your niece's birthday.
@Deepizzaguy (17316)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I will enjoy my weekend since it is payday for me.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
That's very handy being paid just in time for the weekend. Gave a good one