my pizza casserole along with photo

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
i have told everybody that i was making pizza casserole with my cooking teacher, Courtney, and it turned out super. i learned the proper way to cut a green bell pepper, renewed my onion cutting skills and i learned the difference between a bulb and clove of garlic! i almost used two bulbs of garlic if Courtney didn't show me! she also taught me how to mince the garlic. a lot of cutting and i only cut myself once!! it didn't bleed too much! i think this was yummy when done but will put more mozzarella cheese on it when heating in the microwave for dinner tomorrow of leftovers. we will be making baked potato wedges! that is potatoes with some spices on them. i can hardly wait until next friday! but in the meantime will cook some easy things i can handle myself for my meals. Courtney was proud of my cheeseburger bacon pasta i shared the picture of here have you made anything new to you lately? photo my own of my pizza casserole
I can handle the amount of cheese you have put on it already. Too much more and I'd not be able to eat it. I made Polenta the other day. I've never made that before. I didn't make it from scratch though, just bought it from the store and heated it. I love potato wedges, but only from certain places. There's a restaurant here that had the best potato wedges, I forget what it was called. Also, I got the books today. I am about to make a discussion about it. I'll tag you in it so it's easy to find.
I may or may not put more cheese on it, depends on what i feel like tomorrow. i have heard of polenta but don't know what it is. did you like it? I love potato wedges too. except i don't get them very often when i go out, I do get french fries which i like Wendy's ones the best. There is a cafe around me that makes the best french fries ever. it looks like they add something to it but they told us it is just a potato with a little salt. it has to be something else on them. Yay! you got your books! I can't wait to read about them!
@Marty1 Polenta is basically a dough made out of cornmeal. You might be able to find it at the grocery store. I got this at Trader Joe's. I've never seen it anywhere else, but then, I've also never looked for it. I get KFC potato wedges every once in awhile and they are good. The restaurant we used to get them from was even better. The wedges were not fried but baked. They were more like a boiled potato with a crispy skin actually. My favorite French Fry is probably Mcdonald's or Five Guys, though I don't go there often. I am getting offline soon to watch a show. I wrote the discussion about the books and tagged you in it.
@ScribbledAdNauseum DO you add anything to the polenta or is it eaten plain? I don't go to Trader Joe's. I think there is one around the area but it is not near my house. it sounds like a super grocery store I have not had anything from KFC for many years, i don't remember what the potato wedges taste like. my dad used to go to this bar/cafe by us and get chicken and potato wedges with paprika on them, They were the best i like wendy's best as they still have the skin on them i saw your book haul post and commented, thanks for tagging me!
• Rupert, Idaho
That's great to hear, nice work! Pizza casserole sounds good, I just might leave out a few ingredients myself lol
maybe you could eat this casserole i am not sure, but it doesn't have regular pasta it is made with egg noodles. can you have those? the rest is ground beef and pepperoni with pizza sauce, green bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
• Rupert, Idaho
@Marty1 On my diet, the egg noodles would not be allowed. I'd use the ground beef, pepperoni, cheese and pizza sauce though :)
@MommyOfEli2013 There you go, dinner next week! =) it would be good without the noodles.
@rakski (24945)
new to me? I made some homemade ice cream. You're pizza casserole looks yummy
Thanks! OOh, that sounds great! what flavor did you make? i always wanted to make ice cream but don't have an ice cream maker
@Marty1 Go online and search for "ice cream in a can" or "ice cream in a bag" as these are things to do in a day care to let the kids make ice cream but you can do it too.
If you have a blender you can peel and freeze bananas and then blend them to have dairy free "ice cream". Add other things to them for different flavors.
https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Homemade-Ice-Cream-in-a-Bag/
• Sonora, California
That looks yummy, unfortunately I can’t eat bell pepper!
Oh no! I admit i get indigestion from food like this but i eat it anyway! I think you could make it without the bell pepper as that wasn't an essential part of the casserole.
@Marty1 If you like pineapple try eating it when you are eating something that tends to give you indigestion, it helps.
@GardenGerty Thank you so much for the tip. I love pineapple. does it matter if it is canned or fresh? i have a lot of canned pineapple in my panty i will try it
Just been dining on the same old same old.
maybe someday you will decide to cook something like this? in the meantime have a great evening!
@Mavic123456 (18727)
• Thailand
yummy.... so... when is the free taste?
whenever you are ready if i don't eat all the leftovers for a snack tonight! =)
@Mavic123456 (18727)
• Thailand
@Marty1 if only we can lick the monitor.. tsk!!!
@Mavic123456 we can't? lol
@Marty1 Sounds interesting. I have never heard of a pizza caserole. There is always a first time for things. Enjoy it and so glad you learned how to cut a bell pepper.
I never heard of a pizza casserole either until i saw this recipe. I think it is the pepperoni that makes it get its name of pizza and maybe the noodles could be like the crust? not sure what takes the place of the crust
@Marty1 I do not bake anymore so I hope you enjoy it.
@Hannihar i love to bake and cook. I do enjoy it!
It looks yummy. I made a low carb pizza casserole that was outstanding!
What did you use instead of noodles in your casserole? Glad it was so good!
@Marty1 I think hamburger pepperoni and ceese. You can find recipes for it online.
@snowy22315 That does sound good! it is almost like mine without the egg noodles
Uhm I think I am trying to new sites to earn extra cash online. I heard that they are legit and striking to the minimum payout. I love what you made. Is it difficult to do make it?
it is not hard at all! the most difficult but fun part was cutting the peppers, onion, and garlic. the rest of just dump it in the baking pan and cook,. you should try it!
@Marty1 I will try it soon. I am sure it is fun to play around the kitchen department.
@Shavkat you will like it for sure! do you experiment in the kitchen ever? if so, what is the favorite thing you have ever made?
@Nana49 (3155)
Your pizza casserole looks tasty.. Makes me want some.. I was thinking of making some potato wedges myself that or shredding up some potatoes for Hash browns.. Both are great.
Thank you! How do you shred potatoes for hash browns? i have had them in restaurants before and they were quite yummy! do you put any spices on your potato wedges?
@Nana49 (3155)
@Marty1 i put salt and pepper and sometimes season all.. On my potato wedges I just shred them on a hand grater.. Add Salt and pepper. Sometimes i fry them in oil and sometime i bake then in the oven there goos either way.
@Nana49 Oh i didn't know they could be bake in the oven? that would be perfect for me! The recipe we are using has salt, and i think paprika and i know for sure dried mustard as i have to buy that this week, i think also garlic powder. I have a feeling i will be having indigestion that night!
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
Nothing new to me lately but I am planning cooking some cinnamon cookies with a new recipe.
That should be yummy! i love cinnamon, especially in cookies!
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
@Marty1 so do I but i want to make it at home so I can control the ingredients.
@nela13 It is best making things at home to control the ingredients
@janethwayne (2439)
Yummy at 3 am here I like to sit down in my kitchen table and eat after seeing that.
Don't eat too much!
@Hate2Iron (11314)
Looks really good and would probably add more cheese if I was cooking it. I tend to go overboard when it comes to cheese lol... could live on it quite easily!!
Thanks! i added more cheese to it when i microwaved the leftovers for dinner! I do go overboard when using cheese too!
It's wonderful to hear all she's helping you with.
thank you! she really is helping me!
That looks fabulous! I am so proud of you, keep up the good work.
thank you! I hope to keep up the good work with the potatoes next Friday!
@sallypup (31642)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That's great. I could use some lessons on proper knife techniques.
i am still learning and did cut myself once and had to put on a bandage. it wasn't a bad cut and only one Courtney is the best, most patient teacher there is!
I frequently have new things that I just make up as I go along. Like my split pea soup. I cooked the dried peas and then used the stick blender to make them into a creamy consistency. Added a little bit of beef soup base for saltiness. I did not have ham but I had a can of Spam. I cubed half of that to go in the soup. I sauteed some little sweet red and yellow peppers and some onions and stirred them in as well. Spam is not my favorite. I get it for my husband, but it was good in the soup. Adding the sweet peppers, that have flavor like bell peppers, was probably the best thing I did.
This sounds good! do you make it the same way each time you make it? i don't think i am experienced enough to make up my own recipe as you do? but i wish I could do it.
Great work cooking. It looks very good. No, nothing new lately.
thank you! Maybe you will try something new soon.
@kepweng (22396)
i love to bake my own pizza too wishes i have a oven
I hope you get an oven one day as this casserole was quite yummy!
Congrats!
thanks! i had so much fun doing the cutting and prepping of the ingredients to go in the oven! good thing she told me about the garlic though!