Traditional Games

The kids are just playing online games these days. It is sad that native games like hide and seek will be forgotten. It would be a good move for the Department of Education to introduce this in elementary schools again as part of Physical Education so it is not lost.
@Sreekala (27035)
Children are not playing outdoor games any more. The mobile games make their eyes weak and body obese.
That is really bad. My daughter plays a lot of Mobile Legends too. I'm just glad she also dances in school. At least she has some physical activity. And she joins tournaments where she meets new people.
@alberello75 (21288)
• Genova, Italy
Well. Before online games, already in my childhood (snni 80), there were arcade videogames. They worked with coins (then money!) which the children obviously didn't have, they had to ask their parents (I did so!). That was the beginning of the "sunset" of the classic games for children, mentioned by you.
Yes money is needed before unlike now where it is available on their mobile phones which is a necessity also to contact the kids.
@alberello75 (21288)
• Genova, Italy
@yoalldudes Exactly. But in the arcade videogames of my times, I remember also the "flippers", if I didn't insert the coin, I couldn't play! My father gave me money to play but ... not many!
@alberello75 These days playtime is unlimited.
@arunima25 (13923)
• Bangalore, India
That is so true. I play a lot of such traditional game as part of my therapy whether individual or in groups. It is sad that good things of yesteryear are forgotten and ignored and one has to find them at therapy center.
So, these games are played in therapy centers. Interesting.
@arunima25 (13923)
• Bangalore, India
@yoalldudes Yes, I have brought so many of them in my curriculum to improve eye hand coordination, social skills and to have real fun. And trust me they do wonders to these kids.
@arunima25 That is a smart approach you are doing.
@mrki444 (1331)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
When we show them old games, they don't want play it.
Perhaps boardgames are too boring for them. My daughter enjoyed outdoor game that we tried playing one time
@mrki444 (1331)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@yoalldudes We try, but after maybe half hour, they start ask can they get smartphone back "just for check something".
@simplfred (8023)
Yeah, most of them if not infront of computer they are playing on their phone.
Sadly so. At least my daughter get to meet a lot of friends through Mobile Legend.
One of our indoor to play games growing up.
Board games?
@LindaOHio (113)
Yes, you're right. Many of our childhood games could be lost forever. Many children would rather play with some type of electronic device than go outside and play. Thank goodness for Physical Education in schools.
It is so true computers have had a big impact on society some good some not so good. I have fond memories of playing hide and seek.