Blessings

By Faye
@FayeHazel (26811)
Hi My Lot, I just want to extend an attitude of gratitude. I have been trying to do that more often now... I can be a pessimist - oddly I can see the silver lining in everyone else's cloud, but seldom my own. So lately I have been trying to counter a bad thought, with a good one, or at least a thankful one. Now, to be honest I'm not always successful on this or even really, very good on this. But I'm trying. For example - when my brakes went out the other day in the past I would have used to dwell on it. Wonder how much it would cost. Wonder how I was going to pay for it. And, if it were a big issue - wonder at what point this car is worth fixing. (Let's be honest, it's an older car and the miles are getting up there) Instead this time I was able to focus on the positive. The brakes went out in a safe location. It wasn't in traffic or away from home (easily could have been) and the garage had a loan out car available to use. The car was just gonna be whatever it was gonna be. Well, since I had replaced brake lines not even a year ago - I found out today that it was all covered under warrenty. Wow. Much thankfulness. Another situation, something that had been troubling me quite awhile, I just found out got decided in my favor as well. And as I reflect more so - so many things more recently are blessings. Worry less, Pray more. I truly didn't think there was a way out of one of those situations.... and it resolved so much easier that I thought it would. I feel certain it is God's work Photo: Pixabay
That is wonderful how you have been counting your blessings rather than not. I'm so happy things worked out well for you. I love your new attitude!
@FayeHazel (26811)
Thanks. It is a hard habit to break, but it has been so rewarding. The waiting time is more pleasant - and I can't help but to think that the end outcome is better too. One of those things (long story) I had been dreading for years, a situation. -- I thought there was no favorable way out of it. But, all of a sudden - within an hour or so work - I was blessed to know that it easily went my way. I feel certain it's God's hand in these things. I'm so thankful.
@FayeHazel I'm truly happy for you. It's a great philosophy to have in our lives. I'm going to start doing the same thing, too.
@FayeHazel (26811)
@DianneN Oh cool! We can do this. We will be our own cheerleaders
@xander6464 (11108)
• Wapello, Iowa
The brakes being covered is awesome. And the issue being decided in your favor...Maybe there is something to the "Thinking Positive" thing. And even if it only works say 30% of the time, it would still pay off. Pessimism seems like a hard habit to break. I wonder if I could do it.
@FayeHazel (26811)
It was really great you commented - brought me back to this post. It will help keep my hopeful now. It's true the pessimism thing is a hard thing to overcome indeed. But, little by little.... or visualizing, too, visualize the situation you want and believe it is possible, so they say
@xander6464 (11108)
• Wapello, Iowa
@FayeHazel That's what the physicists say. That we create our own reality and they have the lab results to back it up but it's still really hard to believe since most of us would make our realities different if we could. But, there are moments that are like tears in the Matrix, when it seems that's exactly what happens---In a fashion, anyway.
@FayeHazel (26811)
@xander6464 So, after you get past the basics which seem like a lot of ugh, math (four letter word) - physics tries to explain the nature of reality? I know. That is hard to imagine. If we create our own reality, wouldn't we pick something nice? Or maybe it's not as easy as that? So true - sometimes we do seem to get what we think of. It happens easily and naturally. I think of the time I started teaching bellydance… had thought of it for about a year. Just casually. And then the opportunity fell into my lap.
@dgobucks226 (16660)
Always great when you can take a bad situation and turn it upside down into a positive one. I can be a pessimist too when things don't go my way. When that happens I try to remember this quote (you know I had to go there Faye, lol). Sometimes it even works
@FayeHazel (26811)
It's amazing. When a person can keep positive and greatful, not only does the waiting period seem to go better - but the end result often seems like it all works out. Great quote - DB - you always impress with your knack with quotes.
@dgobucks226 (16660)
@FayeHazel Yes so true. I think it comes down to having faith even in tough times Faye...
@FayeHazel (26811)
@dgobucks226 True, I think you are very right there. It is hard though, esp. when your situation is something to do with someone whose behaviors you can't control but …. I will try to think in a different mind set
It can be very difficult not to expect the worst. I need to focus more on the positives too. Like you, I can do it for others but it's harder for myself.
@FayeHazel (26811)
Oh wow, it is nice to meet someone like me. We are a rare type I think. BUt we can do this. :-)
@FayeHazel We'll gird up our loins and go forth against the foe together!
@FayeHazel (26811)
@JudyEv Yay! - oh hey, can I gird my loins with something glittery? Glitter is my favorite color, after all lol.
It's always good to count / remember our blessings. Im glad both things turned out well for you.
@FayeHazel (26811)
SO true. Sometimes it's easy to forget , esp. when one is used to dwelling on the negative
@FayeHazel it can be, but I think its more of not wanting to think of the good at the time, because of being so mad, or sad.
@FayeHazel (26811)
@Courtlynn Sometimes you gotta get those feeling out
@nela13 (17734)
• Portugal
Most of the time I am pessimist but I am trying to do the same as you and count my blessings frequently.
@FayeHazel (26811)
Ah I feel your struggle. We can do it, though!
@nela13 (17734)
• Portugal
@FayeHazel Yes, I hope one day I will be an optimist
@FayeHazel (26811)
@nela13 That's what I want to be when I grow up, too lol
Great post my friend and, wise advice worry less, pray more :)
@FayeHazel (26811)
That's a new favorite saying :-)
@FayeHazel If you're praying there isn't any need to worry anyway :)
@FayeHazel (26811)
@TRBRocks420 True, sometimes easier than others... but it is true none the less
That's true,some said god had beautiful plan so don't worry things will be cared
@FayeHazel (26811)
So true. I count these things as blessing of God- it's all in His hands
@FayeHazel just a bit of patience once you are master at it nothing will hurt you
@FayeHazel (26811)
@Nevena83 (20737)
• Serbia
That's a good decision. I can not beat bad thoughts.
@FayeHazel (26811)
I know it's hard habit to break. Esp. when one is living in a difficult situation
@Nevena83 (20737)
• Serbia
@FayeHazel Yes, you are right.
I'm sure it was God's work. I'm glad you're becoming more positive.
@FayeHazel (26811)
I'm still overwhelmed. On one of those things I was fairly sure there wasn't going to be a favorable way for me. I was dreading it for years. And here, it only took, maybe an hour total and there was a way. It was God's hand in this. I'm so blessed. I'm going to try and keep being positive
@FayeHazel Being positive is always best.
• Rupert, Idaho
That's great to think positively instead of pessimistically....though it is not always easy, for sure. Thank you for sharing about this :)
@FayeHazel (26811)
It's hard but possible at least part of the time. So welcome :-)
• Rupert, Idaho
@FayeHazel That's a very good point!
@Ronrybs (8689)
• London, England
Losing the brakes certainly concentrates the mind! It happened to me once, but luckily it was at very slow speed as I was parking. No damage done
@FayeHazel (26811)
I'm happy that you were alright when your brakes went out, too. We usually think of cars as a way to go somewhere. It's seldom we realize how good stopping is lol
@moonandstars (13644)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I also tend to stick more on the dark side and, as you said, dwell on many things but I try to occupy myself with other things and, it's not bad all the time. Yes, being grateful is the key.
@FayeHazel (26811)
So true, it's always a challenge but the thought shift to thankful seems very much a blessing
I do worry less.do not pray.
@FayeHazel (26811)
Is there something you do instead of worry, when you feel worried? (I don't know if that made sense?)
It is so much easier to start thinking negatively than it is to think positively. I've heard something along the lines of people needing to learn to change their perspectives. That people had to start using more positive wording and eventually it will come second nature. For example, someone spills something on a cherished rug and it's the third or fourth time they've done it. It's easy to react in anger, and talk down to that person. "If you weren't so clumsy, if you'd watch where you were going..." instead we should be thinking "atleast it wasn't a bigger spill, atleast I can clean it quickly and it should be fine... They aren't doing this on purpose..." Instead ask them to be more careful, or ask them to get a lid for their drinks or their food. Ask them to help clean the mess.. Etc. I guess i'm rambling, hope you know what I mean.
@FayeHazel (26811)
So true, I have often wondered why that is so easy to think negative. But it's true. I'm hoping it gets easier because it seems like not only is the time spent waiting for the outcome of whatever it was - is easier, but also the end outcome usually seems better. Oh I totally get what you mean there. - At least the spill didn't damage the floor. At least the person isn't doing this because they are mean, etc I totally get you
Such good advice for all of us. Swapping those negative thoughts for positive thoughts really do us so much good.
@FayeHazel (26811)
It's amazing - the time spent waiting when you don't know the outcome of your situation is more pleasant, and it just seems to me that the end outcome is brighter when one is thankful