~9 Pounds Down!~

Lenox, Georgia
Good morning everyone, I hope you're doing amazing! Things are great here. =) My Father loves us, has mercy on us and gives joy like no other. Amen! So...my husband started changing his diet a little over a week ago and he has already lost NINE pounds!! I cannot be more proud of him. =) He doesn't usually stick with things but he has been doing so great, he still surprises me even after 15 years look at that! Lol. More thoughts... I know my Father is always the same so if I'm not feeling loved and blessed-the problem is ME not Him. Most likely I'm not spending enough time with Him if I'm not acting like His daughter. If you need prayers please let me know...
9 pounds is amazing and I'm sure your husband is already starting to feel better. Kudos to him!!
• Lenox, Georgia
@Marilynda1225 Thanks! I thought so too and yes he is already feeling much better. =)
Congratulations to him! My husband is sticking to his diet, too, and has lost about 15 pounds so far.
• Lenox, Georgia
@DianneN Thank you! Congrats to your hubby as well. =) Johnny is feeling much better already and I am so happy for him.
@LovingMyBabies I understand. At the age of 67 or 68 I lost lots of weight and work very hard to keep it off. Most of the time I can look t food and not feel anything for it which is very good for me. I eat two meals a day and that is good for me. Contrats to him. I am so glad when I went into my favorite store for clothes and he always notices things and he said I am half of me. i never ever want to be fat again. I hated it and feel so much lighter now and good in clothes now. I keep some of my fat clothes so I can remind myself of where I was and where I am not.
• Lenox, Georgia
@hannihar Congrats to you also for the weight you have lost, that's so good! =) That's a great idea!!
Your husband is making swift progress.
• Lenox, Georgia
@JohnRoberts Yes! He is doing incredible. =)
• Preston, England
well done to your husband on his diet
• Lenox, Georgia
@arthurchappell Well thank you! =)
Men do tend to be able to drop weight a lot easier than women, we are built to store fat so that we can be mothers.
• Lenox, Georgia
@BelleStarr Yes, thank goodness I am not trying to lose weight but he needed to for health reasons.
He is really doing quite well. I feel like men lost weight quicker then women do, or that's been the case in our household. I'm sure that everyone will be supporting him and helping him with his new eating habits.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Juliaacv Yes he is! I have heard the same that men do lose weight easier than women do. Yes-we are very proud of him and we are making sure he knows that! =)
@mom210 (7340)
Nine pounds is very impressive great job to him and you! Way to support your man.
• Lenox, Georgia
@mom210 Thank you, we are very proud of him! =)
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
Congratulations to your husband. He'll probably start feeling better and more energetic as well.
• Lenox, Georgia
@SophiaMorros Thank you! I know he will and that makes me happy for him. =) I hated how bad he felt before.
@1creekgirl (15231)
@florelway (4598)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
How did your husband do it?
• Lenox, Georgia
@florelway All he did was cut sugar out of his diet, he added fruit instead of cookies/candy stuff, added water and cut out coffee/soda.
@florelway (4598)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LovingMyBabies oh i cannot give up coffee.
• Lenox, Georgia
@florelway Lol, coffee isn't fattening the sugar in it is though. And I love coffee too so I get it!
Nine pounds in a short time is impressive, but tell him to slow down, better to lose weight slowly.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Ladyduck The crazy thing is all he has done is get rid of all the sugar he was eating/drinking and adding more fruits and drinking water. That's it! He hasn't done more exercise than usual-nothing.
@LovingMyBabies This is great, it means that his body really did not need all that sugar.
• Lenox, Georgia
@LadyDuck Exactly! =)
@kobesbuddy (69016)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Congratulations, Johnny! Great job he's doing. Yes, if we don't feel loved, it's only our self concept. The more time I spend with God, the happier I become!
• Lenox, Georgia
@kobesbuddy He is doing so good. =) Yes He gives joy like no other!
@kobesbuddy (69016)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies And when we seek to follow the Lords commands, he rolls out a red carpet:) There's no limit to the Lord's blessing, when we're obedient to him!
@arunima25 (16084)
• Bangalore, India
Good that he is sticking to his diet and it has started showing effects.
• Lenox, Georgia
@arumina25 Yes I'm very proud of him. =)
@arunima25 (16084)
• Bangalore, India
That's great. Hope he keeps it up.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Courtlynn Thank you, he's feeling much better already and that's what mattered to us. =)
@LovingMyBabies thats terrific!
@pumpkinjam (6103)
Nine pounds is fantastic. It's true that men tend to lose quicker/easier than women. Sometimes, the smallest of changes can make a huge difference. I hope he can keep it. It's better to lose it slowly but, often, when first starting out, the weight can come off quite quickly at first. It's just a case of being able to maintain it. If he's made lifestyle changes as opposed to faddy dieting, that should make it easier. Cutting out/down sugar was a large part of what helped me but then there is so much hidden sugar where you wouldn't expect it.
• Lenox, Georgia
@pumpkinjam Yes, he lost 9 pounds rather quickly but he isn't dieting per se. He cut out sugar from his diet, cut out soda/coffee added water, and added fruit instead of junk food such as cookies/candy. =) He has very little of the carbs too-not so much pasta or bread anymore.
@LovingMyBabies That's a good way to do it. Cutting down carbs can help some people, especially to give a little extra boost on occasion. As I said, cutting out/down on sugar is good. I stopped putting sugar in my tea and reduced the amount/type of milk but I couldn't live without it completely!
Good morning my friend and, good to hear this. Have a great day :)
• Lenox, Georgia
@TRBRocks420 I hope you have a great day as well, thank you. =)
@LovingMyBabies You're welcome :)
That's great. Does he have much more to lose ?
• Lenox, Georgia
@Tampa_girl7 He wants to lose 30-40 more. =)
That is wonderful news. He is doing great. Way to go as they say. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Rasmasandra Thanks, I agree!
@LeaPea2417 (24492)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is great about your husband's weight loss! What Christian videos have you been watching lately?
• Lenox, Georgia
@Leapea2417 Thank you! =) I always watch Todd White and Dan Mohler for sermons, I found a new Bible study on YouTube for women that I LOVE! And I have found some great faith based movies on Tubi through my Roku. =)