Meal Planning Can Be Boring

Happy Friday Everyone! the rain is clearing out but it's on the windy side today. Looks like some decent weather in the days to come and some pretty nice temperatures. Is it safe to put away the winter clothes yet? My daughter is working today so it's just me and the pups. Both are sleeping side by side on the loveseat and look perfectly content. I just finished looking at the local supermarket ad to see what's on sale this week. Sadly, nothing much. I'm trying to make a menu for the weeks dinners but they didn't have anything on sale that struck my fancy so I'm at a loss. I go through cycles where I get tired of almost everything. Actually my goal this week should be to make meals out of what I have in the freezer instead of adding more and spending money I really don't need to spend. It should be just a quick trip to the store for milk, bread and eggs. Maybe I'll make a game of it and see what I can come up with! Other than meal planning and some daily household chores there isn't much going on here today. I actually read some of my book this morning while I had my first cup of coffee. Now I'm caffeinated and can sit here for awhile and chat while I work on cup #2. What's new and exciting with you today?
I will be running some errands this morning and that will be the extent of my excitement.
@JohnRoberts I hope that you will find things fast.
I'm glad the rain has cleared out. Your pups sound precious sleeping side by side. I get that way with food too. Nothing appeals. It's time to find new ways to make old meals.
@playertwo (4230)
I need to go to the dollar store today and get some canned food for tonight and some more mountain dew.
@playertwo I hope you found something good to eat. You know Mountain Dew will rot out your gut, don't you? My psych professor told me that. I never drank it.
@Nevena83 (21216)
• Serbia
There is nothing exciting about me.
Making a game of those meal ideas sounds like a good way to go. It is sunny and warmer here, so that is nice.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
My husband is coming home after a week out of state. My plans for today are to clean house and cook dinner.
@playertwo (4230)
I hate cleaning my house and I hate vacuuming I have always hated household chores.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
@playertwo I don't particularly like the tasks but someone has to do them.
Well it's PAYDAY! So, I am feeling fine. Going out in awhile to do some shopping. It was supposed to be windy here today, but so far, not really.
@playertwo (4230)
happy shopping get some good stuff. I hope you get lots of goodies.
@playertwo Yes, I had too good of a time..if you know what I mean..
Not much new and exciting here either at the moment.
Mom and i tried to meal plan yesterday, for last night and tonight.and we bought what we needed. But then she wasnt hungry for dinner last night, so it got switched and last nights is now tonights.. even though we both already ate after she got home from work. Lol. We almost always have to go shop for meats. As we buy as we go, since we dont always know what we want or know who's going to be here for dinner besides us too. Etc.
Happy Friday and, have a great day :)
not much.Had my annual check up.wants me in a few month for blood. He was concern about my kidney.
Sunny weather in Virginia as we head north the cold is hard to handle burr
@quantum2020 (10443)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I´m shopping groceries online and planning a meal that can be done out of those items
Happy Friday!!! I always try to use up everything in my freezer before buying new. I won't mention our weather, but we did play tennis, am in the process of doing laundry (it never ends), and going out to a French restaurant in Boca Raton tonight for our Friday date night. I can't decide what to wear!!!
NOthing exciting here today, the weather is HORRIBLE,
It's Friday, It's bright and sunny out. I had a weird dream, but when do I not? Hmm, let's see. Oh, well it's dinner out night so that's something to look forward to. I got cashout on one of my sites, which is always nice. Otherwise? Nope, not much new.
@playertwo (4230)
I don't have much to do today except the dollar store. I have a five dollar off Saturday coupon.
I hope to get a list done and shop late today, Saturday. I like looking at the posts others make to come up with yummy ideas. When in doubt we do a breakfast meal or some frozen food. Not the healthiest, but fast. As for clothes, I have been wearing capris this week.
Nothing excited me today too hot here, lazy to move.
i have not went shopping this entire month I have lots of food n my freezer and fridge.
@wolfgirl569 (16573)
• Marion, Ohio
Staying inside mostly as it is windy and chilly here. I would hang onto those winter clothes a little longer to be safe.