Temple of Saint Sava

@LowRiderX (5968)
Serbia
Yesterday I was with the girls (daughter and niece) visited the Temple of Saint Sava. It is one of the largest Eastern Orthodox church buildings and ranks among the largest church buildings in the world. The church is dedicated to Saint Sava, the founder of the Serbian Orthodox Church and an important figure in medieval Serbia. It is built on the location where his remains were burned in 1595 by Ottoman Grand Vizier Sinan Pasha. As you can see on the collage I made from the pictures I photographed yesterday, weather has not served us, but we have spent great time
@Nevena83 (21109)
• Serbia
The temple is beautiful, but a lot of money has been invested.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@Nevena83 It's worth it, and I was convinced myself. It was done well and the expensive material was used ... not to mention how big a temple is. Did you have the opportunity to see him live when you might come to Belgrade?
@Nevena83 (21109)
• Serbia
@LowRiderX I do not know if it's worth it when there are so many hungry and sick children. Yes, I was in it a few years ago while it was still being renovated.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@Nevena83 Oh Nevena, please, there have always been and will always be sick and hungry, if everyone would think like that, we would live in ruins. Should we leave the demolished buildings from bombing in the city center? It is not a problem, the idea of building the Temple came to an end in the 19th century, it began to be built in 1935 but was interrupted due to the Second World War. In 1958 after 88 applications and the same number of refusals finally in 1984, a license was granted to continue the work. It was again stopped during the breakup of old Yugoslavia, it was continued in 2000 again. And it's still not finished interior - that's the problem.
The shape reminds the Santa Sofia in Istanbul. This is a beautiful Temple.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@LadyDuck You are in right! According to the original solution, would have a different appearance. The suggestion was that these church would 'accept' three religions, Orthodox, Catholics and Muslims. Imagined construction as Gracanica. A lot of engineers and architects worked on the changes. A new solution, which was no longer under the influence of Gracanica, was already emerging, but the Church of Saint Sophia in Constantinople (Istanbul) was the new model.
@LowRiderX Also the Church of Saint Sophia hosted different religions during the centuries. Those are really big Temples and beautiful.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@LadyDuck I did not know that, but it makes sense...Yes, it's really beautiful
That is an exceptionally beautiful church. I love the architecture and the fountain, too. So glad you and the girls had a fun day.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@DianneN A lot of money has been invested, it's really well done It is a magnificent building, which every tourist should see and it is very difficult to describe it by words, even with pictures, how impressively it looks and the positive energy itself is in and around him.
@LowRiderX Did you hear that Notre Dame in Paris is on fire? It's all over the news. I am horrified over this!
@Porcospino (23419)
• Denmark
The church looks very beautiful. I am glad you had a good time even though the weather wasn't perfect.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@Porcospino The temple is much more beautiful in real ... and the positive energy that rules around and in the Temple is just indescribable
@Porcospino (23419)
• Denmark
@LowRiderX I can imagine that it is even more impressive when you visit it in person. I never got the chance to see much of Serbia. I changed trains in Belgrade once, but I wasn't able to do visit any places. Hopefully I will get the chance to do that another time.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@Porcospino Oh, even that part of the city has been changed now, around the main train station here it is built 'Belgrade on the water' The railway station is moving away, there has been built and several buildings are already being built, and I think it will be the most expensive part of Belgrade
@bunnybon7 (39820)
• Holiday, Florida
how very beautiful. thank you for sharing these beautiful sites from your country and the info you are giving.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@bunnybon7 There are wonderful things to see here, I will try to show you as much as I can
@bunnybon7 (39820)
• Holiday, Florida
@LowRiderX appreciated by us all I am sure
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@bunnybon7 I hope so
@mrki444 (1806)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Nice photos. I never been in Belgrade but maybe I visit it soon.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@mrki444 Welcome! Do not miss this opportunity to visit the Temple, too much of great energy rules around and in the Temple, it's a pity you miss it
@mrki444 (1806)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@LowRiderX My brother was few time in town. I will ask him did he was in Temple.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@mrki444 I believe that it was, that every tourist would visit
@simone10 (25500)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Gorgeous pictures. The inside is amazing.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@simone10 Yes, it's beautiful, it's pretty much invested, so the result is the way it is ... beautiful !!
@simone10 (25500)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@LowRiderX I would just be in awe if I were to walk inside.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@simone10 Probably, I have not seen anything similar in the surroundings
@nela13 (18011)
• Portugal
The temple looks beautiful, glad you enjoyed your time besides the weather.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@nela13 Yes, we were very excited and I'm glad to get rid of the computer for a while
@nela13 (18011)
• Portugal
@LowRiderX Yes, sometimes we need a break, it is good for us.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@nela13 I just got back from the airport and now I'm starting to 'work in the mine'
very nice there.I love the photo.Thank you for sharing
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@amadeo Thank you! I'm glad you liked
@LowRiderX I liked this kind of stuff.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@amadeo Me too
@CarolDM (22055)
Wow these photos are stunning.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@CarolDM Thanks, I wanted to show you as much as possible
@CarolDM (22055)
@LowRiderX And you did, great collage.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@CarolDM Thank you!!
@Gillygirl (22197)
• Sutton, England
Lovely collage you have there. The church is very beautiful. I'm please you had a great time despite the weather.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@Gillygirl Yes, we were very excited, we went through a lot of things that day, I photographed everything well and now I have a lot of writing materials supported by the most recent images
@Gillygirl (22197)
• Sutton, England
@LowRiderX That's good to hear. I'll look forward to more posts.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@Gillygirl Deal! Thanks!!
@kepweng (23726)
Nice church to take a selfie
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@kepweng I do not like selfie in general, it's especially disgusting for me to take selfie in front of the church
@kepweng (23726)
@LowRiderX ok its sad the notre damn church already burm
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@kepweng Yes I hear that, it's very sad
@valmnz (15146)
• New Zealand
That is a lovely building. Even the weather can't spoil its beauty.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@valmnz Thank you! That's true. I was passing by night at the Temple, it looks beautiful, with lots of light. Nothing can disturb his beauty
@valmnz (15146)
• New Zealand
@nomus24g (27486)
interesting architecture...
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@nomus24g 5th place of the largest Orthodox church in the world is proudly occupied by the Temple of Saint Sava. We have a lot of beautiful buildings.
@nomus24g (27486)
@dya80dya (13511)
It's a beautiful temple.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@dya80dya This temple began to be built in the 19th century ... and yet the interior has not been completed
@Shiva49 (15580)
Looks lovely, you seem to have had a great time. Thanks for the details - siva
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@Shiva49 You are welcome siva, thank you for the comment
That church looks so beautiful .
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@jstory07 Yes, but it is much more beautiful when viewed live, and the positive energy that rules around the Temple and in the Temple is hard to explain incredible..
I'm glad you had an enjoyable visit to the temple. Lovely collage. I'm sorry the weather wasn't cooperative.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@just4him Thank you! Spring is always like that here
Wow that's one amazingly beautiful looking church.
@LowRiderX (5968)
• Serbia
@TRBRocks420 Yes, it's huge and well done, I mean high quality (actually is still not fully completed)