Sweet little world.

@xFiacre (7062)
Ireland
My neighbours are freaks. Their garden is so carefully kept and now they have done something to their lawn that has turned the grass a very unreal shade of bright green. It’s almost luminous, as if it’s been painted onto the ground. It looks just so unnatural. The neighbours on the other side are equally neurotic about their garden, irritatingly so, and never cease doing stuff with loud whiny garden machinery. I, on the other hand, excellent person that I am, probably irritate the drawers off my neighbours by the unkempt nature of my own demesne. My daffodils aren’t standing to attention in a row like soldiers, the grass is long and full of lively insects and frogs, and above all I’m happy without having to do any work.
@Gillygirl (21401)
• Sutton, England
Wild whirly machinery is a pain.
@xFiacre (7062)
@gillygill Mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers even when there are no leaves to blow ..... they have them all.
@Gillygirl (21401)
• Sutton, England
@xFiacre And make lots of noise pollution.
@xFiacre (7062)
@Gillygirl Of course they don't make the noise themselves - they’re too old for that. They have a man in to make the noise on their behalf and frequently he starts at 8 am.
@CarolDM (21582)
We all have our preferences.
@BarBaraPrz (22536)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@xander6464 (11066)
• Wapello, Iowa
Well, the neighbors might have nice looking gardens but do they produce anything worthwhile like garlic or spinach?
@xFiacre (7062)
@xander6464 they certainly do not - all show and no substance.
@xander6464 (11066)
• Wapello, Iowa
@xFiacre That's probably why they make all that noise, because they're jealous.
@xFiacre (7062)
@xander6464 Maybe you’re onto something there. Can’t think of any other reason for silly old codgers to pay people to mow the lawn in the snow at 8am.