2019 Health Journey -- Day 104 Update

Rupert, Idaho
Yesterday, Sunday, April 14th was another day I did not stick to my plan. Not a shock, once again...I know. I don't think I will share the food I had...but once again I only had 2 "meals", but there was some candy in the mix (yes I know how bad it is for me). I will be back on plan today, April 15th....at least until Easter. I don't plan on going off plan, except to maybe sneak in a few of my aunts potatoes that she always makes. Otherwise, I usually just eat ham and eggs at Easter breakfast. I am going to try to make something low carb to take. My great aunt and uncle (who host the breakfast) do a low-ish carb diet so I know they will appreciate anything low carb that I take....they have loved the desserts I have taken in the past. So, I am thinking of dessert options to make for that. I know that to stick to this way of eating, I am going to have to start doing either meal planning or meal prepping; might be more sensible to do the meal planning for my way of eating....but I need to do something because when I don't I fall off the wagon so easily. Maybe if I share about my weekly meal plan, that will help me stick to the plan better? What do you all think? Hope you all had a good Sunday...overall and foodwise! Catch you all tomorrow with a low carb day of eating!!
• Sonora, California
You’ll get back on track, take care and have a good night!
• Rupert, Idaho
It's always easy to get back on track, just not always easy to stay on track! Thank you...hope you have a good night too!
Meal planning would help you stick to your diet. Also staying away from those things you shouldn't eat when you're buying your groceries will go a long way to helping you stick to your diet plan. I had a good and unexpected Sunday. After church, the couple who picked me up took me to lunch. I didn't stick to my diet as I had some dairy with the sour cream for my baked potato and the ranch dressing for my salad. Otherwise, my day was good.
• Rupert, Idaho
Well I would be able to stay away from those things if my husband would eat this way with me. I could cut out the sugar/carby stuff my son eats, but can't really force my husband lol. But I will work on some meal planning. Glad you had a good, even though unexpected Sunday! Sounds very nice of them to do that! Well that doesn't sound too bad, every once in a while it shouldn't hurt anything!
@MommyOfEli2013 It's hard when it's more than yourself you need to consider. Yes, it was good and didn't hurt.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him Yes, that is very true....but it can be done! And that is very good to hear!
have you thought about ordering from one of those meal planning businesses.? like sensible meals or something? I hope you can figure out a nice food to take, that you as well as everyone else can enjoy without feeling guilty.
• Rupert, Idaho
I have thought about it, but way too expensive I am sure! That would be nice if it weren't for the price (and me being picky lol) Thank you....I may taken some Red Velvet Cupcakes, made some low carb/sugar free ones and they are delicious!
@MommyOfEli2013 that is true. and two reasons why I wont try them either, lol. plus I like to pick out my meats and fruits myself. ooh that'd be good.
• Rupert, Idaho
@Courtlynn Exactly, most probably don't have a carnivore box anyway (since I mostly eat meat lol). But I hear you! And I probably won't make them to take, I did make them earlier in the week though and they are really good.
@wolfgirl569 (16408)
• Marion, Ohio
Meal planning and sharing could help a lot. Then I would know when you need a wet noodle lashing.
• Rupert, Idaho
Haha, right.....and if I write down what I am going to eat before hand I won't want to get in trouble so might actually stick to it better lol
@wolfgirl569 (16408)
• Marion, Ohio
You should do what is your commitment
But it's okay. Breaking the commitment sometime will not harm you
• Rupert, Idaho
Not always easy though!
On Easter I will eat mostly what I want, but will try to take it easy on sweets lol.
• Rupert, Idaho
That sounds fair lol....but good plan!
I SOOOO understand.
• Rupert, Idaho
Well I appreciate that you do....it's not always easy to eat how we should or plan to!
both meal planning and meal prepping are very helpful
• Rupert, Idaho
I agree that they are, for sure...just not sure how much meal prepping I can do with the way I eat lol
@LindaOHio (2131)
So far sharing hasn't helped. You need to be committed.
• Rupert, Idaho
I have been told before that I need to be committed...not sure how much that will help my eating! Lol, just kidding. I am committed, just sometimes lack will power/self control!
@Nevena83 (21109)
• Serbia
I hope that this time you will follow the plan. I think that you should make a plan for seven days and so it will be easier for you to comply with it.
• Rupert, Idaho
Well I will do the best I can....7 days doesn't always mean I will stick with it though lol.
@Nevena83 (21109)
• Serbia