I Am So Upset

@simone10 (24788)
Louisville, Kentucky
In my previous post, I explained that I had a doctor appointment at 8am. We had to leave at 7: 15 because of how far it is and traffic. When I went to the desk to check in, the girl asked for my name. When she looked at the computer, she said she had sent a text to me changing my appointment to next Monday. I never got said text and they were booked for the day. So I had to go back home. I had to watch my tone because the contract we have to sign (pain management) states you can't be rude or short with the staff or they will stop seeing you. I can understand but I really wanted to say how I felt. I just don't understand why the doctors office didn't call for something like that instead of sending a text. Just doesn't make sense to me. Oh well, I hope your day started better than mine.
It would have been much more courteous and efficient if they had called you. That way they would definitely know that your appointment was cancelled. Sorry you had all that hassle.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I asked her why didn't she call and all she could say was that she sent me a text. When I go back in Monday, I'm going to ask my doctor if I can request phone calls instead of texts.
I would think that both a text and courteous phone call, for those who don’t text, would have been more beneficial. So sorry you had to go through this. I’d be upset, too.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I agree, a text and phone call or just a phone call. We had to drive 45 minutes to get there only to turn around and drive back.
@Gillygirl (21401)
• Sutton, England
How rude of them. They should have called you. And you got up so early to go there.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I know! It takes 45 minutes to get there. My brother had to get up early to take me and he wasn't feeling well.
@Gillygirl (21401)
• Sutton, England
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I know the feeling there.This happen to me a few times.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It's frustrating isn't it? But what can we do.
@simone10 Grin and bear it.I guess
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@amadeo you got that right
@kobesbuddy (68922)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I have signed in for my appointments through e-mail. If anything changes, I'm always suppose to call their office to speak with someone. And they should show the exact same common courtesy, towards you! It should always be done, one on one with a receptionist or a nurse. That's terrible what they did to you!
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
3h
I agree! I guess this is the future of the medical field.
@kobesbuddy (68922)
• East Tawas, Michigan
3h
@simone10 Another one of the hick-ups, that cost your time, effort, planning, and money to drive there for no reason at all:(
its so upsetting indeed.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
3h
Yes it was but I'm over it now.
They are rude, to be sure that the patient knows, the only way is to get the phone and call. This is what they do here.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
All my other doctors call for reminders or to cancel an appointment. She acted like she didn't believe me. Did she really think I would have been there if I had received it?
@simone10 She is rude not believing what you said. Surely you would have not wasted your time if you received the message.
@simone10 Doctor and nurses should never be rude. If people go there it's because they need help.
I would have asked her if it was possible that any further communication be done over a phone-call. Texts aren't always reliable, as your case clearly shows.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Exactly! I'm going to ask the doctor on Monday if she will put it in my file.
@simone10 I hope she does, or can tell you how to go about doing it yourself.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
9h
@ScribbledAdNauseum So do I because this is ridiculous. And this is the second time in a month that they have had to reschedule my appointment. The last time they called, didn't text so it is doable.
Even with a text I would think a doctors office would also make a phone call about cancelling an appointment. How do they know that the following week works for you? I would have been mad too after making the trip.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
3h
I agree with everything you said. Unfortunately I can't do much because of the contract they have used sign
@hereandthere (36356)
did they text you about other things before and did you receive them? is texting the only way they can reach you?
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
3h
They just assumed my phone is a cell. It could have been a landline.
I don't understand sending a text either. Not everyone does text anyway. It should always be a phone message. You have every right to be angry.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thank you. I agree that not everyone texts. I do text but if she really sent the text, I didn't receive it.
That's good they did that, made you sign a contract so you wouldn't be rude. I've been in customer service and rudeness is what I heard for 8 long hours. I agree they should have called instead of sending a text. This is a good place to vent.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
3h
I wouldn't have been rude to them.
Hope you let off steam somehow. Bottling it up is not good
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I vented to my brother all the way home, poor thing had no choice but to listen.
@thelme55 (16727)
I am very sorry for the hassle. They should have called you.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
3h
They really should have. They rescheduled another of my appointments last month and called on that one.
@thelme55 (16727)
16m
@simone10 I hope they will call you whenever there's a change in the schedule again.
I am sorry that happened. I have some places that the texts are delayed. Interesting to sign a contract to be nice.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It's pain management and if you need pain meds and other certain meds, you have to go there once a month. In order to be seen by a doctor, you have to sign the contract.
@Junbals (496)
I can imagine the office may be cost cutting. In our country, texting is much cheaper than calling.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
3h
Probably so but it still was frustrating at the time.
• Shillong, India
Sometimes happens in bad way, Hope everything has been handled carefully Many times we rely on technology but sometimes technology create problem in term of not being able to deliver at the right time. nowadays everything depends on internet connection, electricity and signals etc
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
2h
Yes, that is very true. Things are okay now. I got over my anger
@pumpkinjam (6092)
That is really poor service from them. The girl at the desk would, presumably, just be doing as she was told so it's not really fair to take it out on her. It's not surprising that you're upset, though. They should have made sure you were aware of - and happy with - any changes.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
2h
I didn't take it out on the girl at the desk. I know she is doing what she was told to do. I just got frustrated because she kept saying over and over again that she had texted me. I was trying to explain that I never got it or I wouldn't have been there.
@debjani1 (5110)
Its really disappointing. Its very difficult to get doctor's appointment nowadays. And if after getting , it will be cancelled then its quite natural to be upset specially when you reached doctor's chamber.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
2h
It was very upsetting but I'm over it now. When I do see the doctor, I'm going to ask her to put in my chart that I don't want texts.
They should have called you and at least left a message. They should of at least seen you since you went all that way.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I agree! But they were booked up for the day. She said I could wait and see if anyone didn't come to their appointment. I wasn't going to sit all day with no guarantee I would be seen.