The Cure for Poor Response

@UncleJoe (13280)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Have you ever written a post that got few, if any responses? I have lost count of all mine that just fell flat. Some were hilariously gut-busters. Or, so I felt when I was typing them. Yet, quite a few appeared to be completely ignored. It took a little while but I finally figured out the reason for that. In retrospect, I have to admit that they really weren’t that interesting. They only seemed so to me. That’s because I had forgotten the advice from my college English Adviser. One simple rule makes all the difference. That rule is, “Never write anything nobody wants to read!” Just food for thought.
@Morleyhunt (20233)
I think we've all posted some duds. Sometimes it's the timing....sometimes it's the subject.....sometimes it's ???
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Very good advice and yes, I have posted some duds.
@Gillygirl (21401)
• Sutton, England
I've had a few of those. Could be a lack of humour on the part of others. Or maybe I just wrote a pile of poop.
@db20747 (16572)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
No matter how crazy at least somebody will read it!! Don't get too many responses on my hot guys posts!! Although I thought I would at least get 30!!! I'm here for creativity!!
I bomb all the time here.
Yah, sad to say, but some things we create are masterpieces only in our own minds .
@AngelizaQT (1669)
Yes, you must post something that others find interesting if you want to get a lot of responses. On the other hand, if you start a discussion on a topic that interests you or that you are passionate about, it can be easier for you to comment back on responses since you won't have to think too hard about what to say. The words will just flow and you'll have a lot more fun talking about something that you yourself are interested in.
@pumpkinjam (6092)
I have had one or two that only received a couple of responses. Sometimes the discussions just aren't that interesting to many people. Sometimes, though, it's not so much that they're not interesting as people are unsure of how to answer them. Other times, if you post multiple discussions in a short space of time, you might not get so many responses. The advice to never write anything that nobody wants to read is all very well but you don't know what other people want to read. I'm often surprised at some of the things that get the most responses. I would, however, prefer one or two thoughtful and considered responses than lots of one-word or irrelevant responses.
in 12 years? oh yea i have. eh..can't always be winners i guess.
Thank you for that food for thought!! I am now thinking.
we all can be perfect there.I am sure I have written plenty. But some of the duds pay off
@nonersays (2935)
I'm of the mindset that nobody ever wants to read what I have to say, because I'm a dull person. But every time I make a post I spend some time visiting other posts and leaving comments. I usually get the same amount of responses from the usual people on each of my posts. I'll never be internet famous but I've got friends. lol
The only reason I get is time. If you make a post at midnight, who will read and comment on it?