Test Done and Results Are In

Anniston, Alabama
As most of you know I own and operate Sunshine`s Homestead Creations and while I sell soaps,lotions and lip products I need protection for the sun`s harmful rays, I do not want to get sun burned. I have been testing out a new lotion I made that uses natural oils to protect the skin. I am not completely light skinned but I am Irish enough that I can and will sun burn easily. This took some time due to the weather changes, one day hot and sunny the next cold and staying inside. While I wore this lotion on my own skin ( I use all my homemade products) daily I just could not say if it was good enough to say "hey! this worked for me." I have what is called a farmers tan, arms and face, I always get this way in the spring, but yesterday I mowed for three hours, in full sun and wind. This is the test that I needed. The results are in! The mixture of several oils that I added to this lotion did work. I did not get red at all and my skin is a light brown. However, I will do one more test at a different time of the day. Certain times of the day the sun is stronger. This product is looking good so far and I will be adding it to the store sooner than later. I am also making a natural insect repellent since those pesky mosquitoes are out and biting. This is my world on this wonderful Monday, how is yours?
Best of Weezer: https://goo.gl/WYvc5n Subscribe here: https://goo.gl/1WuGs3 Music video by Weezer performing The Good Life. (C) 2004 Geffen Records Inc.
Sounds like you're on to something good with a lotion that helps with getting sunburned. You are always a busy little bee (I say that a lot don't I )
I like all natural, and nature has it there for us to use. Yes you do but that is alright with me.
@DocAndersen (3006)
That is so cool! I don't burn but my poor wife does.
I love the part about no zinc.
@andriaperry My wife struggles more with certain plant oils than she does with zinc.
@DocAndersen I understand.
Good for you! i wish you success in selling it! i would buy some but one of my two new meds i started in October say i can't be in the sun without risk of sunstroke. i had a medicine like that for a while before i was taken off it for other reasons but in the sun i felt horrible. I forget which medicine but know i take it
Yes many takes medication and they cannot get in the sun.
@andriaperry i think that is terrible as how am I supposed to take my walks in the sun every day?
@LindaOHio (1884)
Good luck with your testing and formulating!
Thank you!
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Do you have a a store or sell online?
I sell online right now.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@andriaperry do you have a website?
That's great-another wonderful product to offer on the site. I had a terrific Monday. I have about 90% range of motion in my neck and back and almost completely pain free today. I would rather celebrate the great then dwell on the not-so-great.
Oh me too! I am so glad you are getting well.
@andriaperry Thank you birthday triplet. I feel 10 years younger today!
@Juliaacv I know! I remember when I fell, took me a year to recover.
No mosquitoes here knock on wood!
A place without those blood suckers??!?!?!?!
@andriaperry They do appear from time to time but because it is warm here most of the year there is little standing water for them to breed in.
So glad to hear it! Love your clinical trials. . Keep me informed of both products.
Yes Maam.
@CarolDM (21584)
You are on a roll there with the mosquito repellent. Good luck. Not much here. Errands earlier.
All this water holding lava, its crazy.
Hope the second test is a success too. A good Monday here. Lots of sunshine and warmer temps.
Me too. That is good to hear!
@wolfgirl569 (16024)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad to hear that it seems to be working. The repellent is the one I am waiting to hear about.
I am on it!
@Hate2Iron (12120)
And I thought that I was busy... Good luck with the insect repellent!!
Thank you.
@Morleyhunt (20233)
I'm fortunate. I have fair skin (pasty white) but can gain a beautiful tan in the summer. I tend towards dry skin so I don't burn as readily as my darker skinned sister. I rarely get a sunburn, but wear an SPF 60 or higher in the last few years...two bouts with skin cancer. I never bake in the sun just for the sake of tanning. My tans are always "accidental".
I don`t lay in the sun either, I used to when I was a kid but skin cancer runs in our family, I have had 3 pre cancers removed already. Tony has had some bad skin cancers, so many surgeries, he wears 100 out in the sun and wears long sleeves.
@nonersays (2935)
Hooray for a positive test run! A natural insect repellent sounds interesting. I'm about 10 minutes away from leaving for work. I'm feeling under the weather today, but that seems to be the norm for me.
Get to feel better soon!
Farmer's tan I loved it.What do I have old man tan
Yes! just arms and face.
16h
Good luck with it
I hope I have time this week to get some of my stuff made. It is so much better than what we find in the store, and really less costly once you have materials on hand.