Are you Any Good At Sketching???

@Hate2Iron (12120)
I don't think that I am... unless I can see the item in front of me and then it has to be something relatively easy. Oddly enough, if I can't see it, I can't draw it. It's as if I know what it should look like, but the image never crossed over into my long term memory. Can you remember the last time you tried to draw?? That I can remember!! It was a staircase that I saw in a gallery years and years ago! I was thinking how awesome a painting would be of a staircase that changed direction and twisted and turned upon it's self. It didn't turn out well at all!! Maybe I should stick to flowers lol!
@xFiacre (7062)
@hate2iron This is my only masterpiece. In case you are unsure and don’t like to ask, it’s flowers in a vase from my “high on Absinthe” phase.
@xFiacre That's not bad, you know! I mean it. You should drink Absinthe more often.
@Nevena83 (20536)
• Serbia
It looks pretty good.
@xFiacre (7062)
@MALUSE Ok. I’ll try when I’m In Normandy next month.
I liked to sketch but not very good at it.Now and then I dawdle with it
@Hate2Iron (12120)
I guess I have to be in the mood lol! After so many years of art classes, you would think that I would be better!!
@Hate2Iron Never give up.
I am pretty good, I do all the time, while I talk on the phone with someone.
@Hate2Iron (12120)
Maybe I have to learn to talk on the phone... which I hate doing lol. Or, I need to find a pass time that would allow some art as I concentrate on what ever the other thing is !
@Hate2Iron I also hate to talk on the phone, but sometimes I have, just to keep in touch with family members.
I am the same way. If I cannot see it, I cannot draw it.
@Hate2Iron (12120)
Glad it not just me. I'm great at copying... but that's about it. I'm starting to take an interest in Abstract... nothing has to look like anything. ;)
@Hate2Iron I think we both could handle abstract.
Sometimes I can sort of copy something but mostly I'm pretty useless at drawing.
@Hate2Iron (12120)
I guess you either have to spend hours and hours practicing... or you inherit the talent!
I am artistically challenged.
@Hate2Iron (12120)
LOL... I sometimes think the same thing!
@mayka123 (12360)
I must have last tried when I was in school and it was not good at all.
@Hate2Iron (12120)
We had a choice between art and music... I was worse at music ;)
@mayka123 (12360)
10h
@Hate2Iron I had tried my hand at music and that too was not too great.
Yes, I am. I don't know why you find sketching something you have in front of your eyes not as good as sketching from memory.
@Hate2Iron (12120)
I always thought that you should be able to... I know what a bowl of fruit looks like. I should be able to draw it
@Hate2Iron How can you draw an object in perspective if you don't see it?
I'm more of a doodler.
@Hate2Iron (12120)
I'm going back to doodling I think. I like my doodles a lot better!!
last time I tried was 10-11 years ago in high school, in my arts class. I am terrible.
@Hate2Iron (12120)
LOL... you are definitely not alone. I was just looking through my sketch book... hmmm...
Sketching is something that I haven't tried since I was at school.
@Hate2Iron (12120)
I was given a sketch book and markers for Christmas and I feel bad if I'm not using it ;)
@Rick1950 (1584)
• Lima, Peru
I did some sketches in the last days. I was visiting an ancient city, Cusco, Peru, and there are many narrow streets in the city. I used for sketching a little notebook, sized 4"x3" and a line pen. You can do sketches everywhere, by sitting in a cafe or in the park, while travelling too. It´s a matter of practice. By sketching you shouldn't care of details. Most important are the proportions and light and shadow, the values. Details aren't so important.
@debjani1 (5110)
Your and my condition are same. I can draw well but by seeing the photos. Without seeing anything its totally impossible for me. I am not an artist but love drawing which was my hobby 8 years back.
6h
im the same as you when it comes to drawing.. hehe.. maybe the last time that I draw is 2 years ago..
@JESSY3236 (8935)
I can't draw, but I took an art class when I was in the 9th grade. I love it. It was the only class I had with my best friend.
Once in awhile I can draw something pretty cool.
@Nevena83 (20536)
• Serbia
The last time I painted my son's church was because they were looking for him at school. It turned out pretty well.