It Was Inevitable

Belews Creek, North Carolina
I’ve been enjoying the freedom to spend time writing and interacting here but life is about to get a little bit crazy. The official cast list for our community theatre’s production of Shrek the Musical was posted over the weekend and I have my first production meeting this evening. In preparation for taking copious notes this evening, I have compiled a list of costumes. 34 cast members 70 separate roles (and 70 costumes) Our opening night is less just shy of two months away. I’ll try to get here occasionally and keep you all updated on my son’s progress on the Appalachian Trail but otherwise, I think I’m going to be a little too busy to do much interacting! Image courtesy of Pixabay
@Morleyhunt (20409)
Sounds like a challenge....and we both know how we respond to challenges. Good luck. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
I have this funny feeling I won't be doing a whole lot of sleeping over the next two months.
@Gillygirl (22197)
• Sutton, England
Good luck with the musical. I shall still lookout for updates on your son's progress.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
Thanks, Gill! We're hoping to meet him at Fontana Dam on Friday. We're fortunate that for the first 1000 or so kilometers he's within range for us to meet with him, possible day-hike with him, and help him manage his gear (he currently has some items he's not actually needing at this point and is going to have us hold them for a stretch until he needs them further up the trail.)
@Gillygirl (22197)
• Sutton, England
@SophiaMorros It's good that you have this meeting point and hike with him. Give him a rest from carrying things too.
This seems an Herculean task to accomplish, good luck to you.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
Thanks, Anna. I'm just a tad overwhelmed right now. Too many things that need to be done and I'm still in the research phase.
@SophiaMorros I admit that I would not know where to start.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
@LadyDuck I really couldn't even do much of the research until I was given my marching orders from the director. Now that I know what she wants I can get moving.
@UncleJoe (13358)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I'm sure everyone appreciates your effort. You never have been one to shrek your duties.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
@UncleJoe (13358)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh dear! What a workload! Just post occasionally and keep us up-to-date. You don't need to respond to any of my posts till - let me see - maybe late June? when I'll be back from our trip overseas. I hope it all goes well.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
By late June this will all be behind me. It's the mountain in front of me that's keeping me awake nights at the moment. Enjoy your trip, I look forward to reading about it!
@SophiaMorros I hope you'll get the chance to tell us about some of the creative ways you'll concoct these costumes.
I think you are going to be very busy too.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
I'm hovering at the edge of panic right now.
@SophiaMorros Oh dear!!
I know that you can do it, and I'm sure that nobody else doubts it, otherwise they wouldn't have called on you for it. Good luck.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
I think they called on me to do this show because no one else wanted to tackle it. I think I will be calling in a LOT of favours among my friends that sew. Luckily for me, both my daughters and my bonus daughter are all willing and eager to help (of course two of them have end-of-semester assignments and final exams to deal with in the next couple of weeks).
I'm sure that you will do just fine.