In response to the dozens of personal messages I've gotten recently inquiring about...

Walnut Creek, California
my hand injury, I have decided to write this post. My thanks for the heartfelt concern of my fellow MyLotters. As I mentioned in my previous post (about a month ago), I decided not to go to Emergency, iced the injury for several minutes, applied "Triple Antibiotic Ointment" daily, and then hoped that my body would take care of things. My treatment appears to have worked, as there is no more pain or itching, and new skin has now grown over the entire wound. I even decided to shut down the GoFundMe page I started, and will use the $500,000 dollars I raised for something else, as it appears no further medical treatment will be necessary. Again, thanks to all for their concern! Original post:
The other day (about 10 days ago) I was flipping something in the oven (I think it was a Trader Joe's latke) when the back of my hand came in contact with one...
That $500,000 will come in very handy!! Glad all is well with your hand now.
• Walnut Creek, California
I wonder if there will always be a scar. Will Martin Guitars stop using me as a hand model? I guess I'll just use the $500,000 to make up for lost modeling revenues. Wait. How much does a Porsche cost these days?
@TheHorse Well, a I know a 2019 Porsche Cayman costs around $60,000 so you will have plenty of cash left over.
• Walnut Creek, California
@Corbin5 Sweet! I have to work tomorrow all day...but maybe Wednesday...
@wolfgirl569 (16024)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad to hear it is better. Could I borrow 100,000 of that?
• Walnut Creek, California
Not a problem. I am going to ask Barrister Mbalo to send you $100,000 of what he is sending me. May I have all of your bank information, please?
@wolfgirl569 (16024)
• Marion, Ohio
Well looky there! Doctor Horse.
• Walnut Creek, California
Well, technically, I AM a Doctor.
@TheHorse Ohhhhh! excuse me. Hey Doc Colin, when I move my head to the left my neck hurts, what should I do?
• Walnut Creek, California
@andriaperry Andria, well, I'm a research psychologist. But I'd say massage the heck out of it. Better yet, get Mr. Andria to massage the heck out of your neck. The endorphins and oxytocin released when you get a good neck rub with reduce pain and increase your overall sense of well-being.
The thing with burns is to stop them getting infected. For some reason, burns seem to get infected very easily.
• Walnut Creek, California
I'm glad that mine did not. I wonder why they often get infected.
@TheHorse I think it is because most burns destroy the three layers of skin or whatever it is we have.
• Walnut Creek, California
@JudyEv I heard it was seven in childhood. But I've never researched it since.
The next time remember NOT to apply ice, but to put the injured hand under running water for at least 15 minutes. I am an expert on burnings.
• Walnut Creek, California
Do you know the theory behind that?
@TheHorse Yes, because the doctor told me. Putting ice on a burn can cause frostbite and damage the skin. For good results, run cool water over the area for at least 5 minutes and take a pain reliever if the pain is serious. Then apply a a moisturizing lotion, and protect the burn from friction. I had a serious burn and I cannot even see the scar.
@Junbals (496)
Am glad you felt better now. An xray or CT scan would be good, if I were you.
• Walnut Creek, California
Thanks for the thought. I played guitar and bass right after the injury, and movement of my hand and fingers were not affected. I decided that it was "just a flesh wound," to quote Monty Python.
@AngelizaQT (1669)
Glad your hand has healed and all is well. I personally wouldn't have went to the ER for that injury. There is no need. However, I would have put some aloe goop on it, from an aloe plant. That would have took the sting out and helped the healing process greatly.
• Walnut Creek, California
Yeah, my first concern was to stop the "cooking." I applied ice and then cold water. Then I applied the antibiotic ointment after that every morning and evening for about two weeks. I really only hurt badly when I accidentally brushed it against something.
@TheHorse Next time, I highly recommend the aloe. I remember something about your not supposed to put ice or cold water on a burn.
• Walnut Creek, California
@AngelizaQT It worked fine for me. I heard you're not supposed to put butter on a burn. When we were in Florida we DID put fresh aloe on our sunburns. It grew everywhere!
@rhpinc (1689)
• Las Vegas, Nevada
Most times we don't need to go to the business of hospitals which want return customers. Usually, they help for the short term...
• Walnut Creek, California
If I can avoid hospitals and doctors, I do.
@rhpinc (1689)
• Las Vegas, Nevada
@TheHorse That is not a bad thing at all!
• Walnut Creek, California
@rhpinc I just got some new glasses! That was actually kind of fun.
@kareng (8728)
I'm glad to hear that your hand healed nicely. Yay!
• Walnut Creek, California
Hopefully I'll avoid doing something that stupid again.
@kareng (8728)
@TheHorse I missed that part of how the injury occurred.
• Walnut Creek, California
@kareng It was brutal, and painful, but i had a sense that I'd be OK long-term.
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It looks like it was a nasty burn. I think you should divide that $500, 000 between all mylotters.. sounds like a good idea to me
• Walnut Creek, California
Hmm. I hadn't thought of that. How many of us are there?
@simone10 (24788)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@TheHorse I don't know but probably too many. We might all get a penny
• Walnut Creek, California
@simone10 What a popular site we're on!
@1hopefulman (39651)
Looks good! I'm surprised you got so little on your GoFundMe. I thought you would get so much more!
• Walnut Creek, California
I think people are selfish these days. I was hoping for a couple of million. Just to supplement my MyLot earnings.
@1hopefulman (39651)
@TheHorse What is this world coming to?
• Walnut Creek, California
@1hopefulman I love my Nisan Xterrra with 200,000 miles on it. But a Porsche sounds tempting. I'll have to check whether I can haul guitars and amplifers in such a vehicle.
• Caracas, Venezuela
I am so happy that it all went well Horse!
• Walnut Creek, California
I will practice some guitar tonight.
• Caracas, Venezuela
@TheHorse But what about recovering first? Do you feel completely recovered?
• Walnut Creek, California
@jvicentevalera Yes. I think it's recovered completely.
@Morleyhunt (20233)
I must have missed the original post. Happy to hear that it healed. Like you I'm not extremely likely to run to the doctor with an injury. It's pretty dramatic when I do head to the ER. Last time was for a torn hamstring after a fall on the ice. I'm fully recovered...and other than X-rays there was no treatment.
• Walnut Creek, California
Hamstrings can be a pain. I pulled one rounding third in softball a few years ago, and I've always worried about it since. I missed several weeks. When I tore my ACL (also in softball) it was a different matter. I had (successful) surgery.
@Morleyhunt (20233)
@TheHorse it was several weeks before I could actually sit on a chair and six months before I could walk any distance without some pain.
• Walnut Creek, California
@Morleyhunt When I see someone pull a hammie I instinctively wince. I'm not surprised it took so long.
@BarBaraPrz (22536)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Glad your hand has healed satisfactorily.
• Walnut Creek, California
I wonder if the scar will fade over time.
@BarBaraPrz (22536)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@TheHorse You could try putting vitamin E oil on it, but most of my childhood scars are still visible.
Would you share the GoFundMe money? I want to go on vacation and desperately need to remodel my bathroom.
• Walnut Creek, California
Where do you want to go? When Barrister Mbalo sends me the money he promised I can share that with you--no problem.
@TheHorse The Caribbean would be nice. Would that barrister be the same that once in a while tells me that I have an inheritance?
@JESSY3236 (8935)
Glad your hand is better.
• Walnut Creek, California
Thanks, Jessica. I hope the scar goes away so I can return to my hand modeling career (Seinfeld reference).
@Gillygirl (21401)
• Sutton, England
Is that all you got for your GoFundMe. You should have much more. Still it is a lot so spend it wisely.
• Walnut Creek, California
Prehaps I'll move up the delivery date on my MyLot Porsche.
@CarolDM (21587)
Glad you are doing good without an ER trip.
• Walnut Creek, California
I figured they'd do pretty much what I did.
@lovebuglena (9585)
• Staten Island, New York
Great that your hand is better. Will you be sharing your riches with us mylotters?
@mayka123 (12360)
Glad to know that your hand has healed.