Movie Quality

Are movie makers producing quality movies these days? Or is everything just the same old cliches rehashed with new actors and special effects? Is writing still an important part of movie making, or is it all about the special effects and the big names? Does the mass populace want original, creative movies, or are they happy with shiny colors and skimpy outfits? Thoughts?
@crosschk (822)
they must be happy with the shiney colors because most of the movies are crap The animated movies must be just so proud of the reality of the animation they forget to add the story I have been rutinley disappointed with the movie that have come out i the last few year. Maybe I'm just getting old
I feel just like you do.
• Brazil
Sadly, movie quality these days suck. Have a nice day!
Yeah, I'm in agreement there. It's mostly the same old stuff, recycled and dressed up with pretty special effects.
@ru88en (2997)
Yes, I believe couple with the application of the latest technology.
So you believe it's all about the technology, and that plot and writing is sacrificed?
@emeraldisle (13145)
I've seen a lot of remakes done over the years and to be honest most of them have been as good if not better then the originals. There have been some exceptions to that of course. I have seen some very original movies and some very creative ones but I've also seen a lot of junk out there. Sad but true. Special effects and glitz only goes so far. Good actors can make a difference but not enough if the writing isn't there for it. The good movies, the ones I have a tendency to watch over and over again find the right mix. They are well written and have great acting and the right effects to go along with it. They do happen still today just sometimes harder to find.
The movies are not the quality as they used to be in general. However, once in a while there is a great one put out. But, they cater to the public's wants.
@nidahali (446)
• Pakistan
I believe firstly a movie should have a good storyline then a good cast and good special effects won't hurt but help to survive in this era. This is what I think atleast.
• Brazil
• Brazil