Toddler boys and Dolls?

Would you let your two year old son play with a Barbie or Bratz doll?
@HerShe (2386)
absolutely yes!!! Someday he may be a father and this kind of loving play will prepare him somewhat. To nurture a doll is 'good'. Book dealing with sort of thing: Williams Doll. I can't remember who it is by. I'm sure your local library can help you get it. Excellent book for 3-5 year olds.
@loved1 (5338)
When my first daughter was born my sister bought this book for her. It is fabulous! I see lots of little boys who are not only drawn to dolls, but also to the small babies in my daycare. How are they ever going to be loving, nurturing, hands-on brothers or fathers if we don't give them the opportunity to practice?
angel - angel saved us
yes why not my daughter plays with trucks, there is nothing wrong with letting boys play with dolls and barbies,
@sbeauty (5871)
food - food
Yes, I would. Two year olds don't understand gender-appropriate toys anyway, so if my son wanted to play with my daughter's Barbie, I tell him to go for it. My son had a Cabbage Patch doll when he was little, and I can't see as how it damaged him in any way as an adult.
@DRoddy77 (1780)
I have 2 boys and a girl. My boys play with my daugthers dolls and she plays with their trucks! I dont think there is anything wrong with it. They are just curious at this age..they dont understand the difference between girl things and boy things.
I have 4 kids. My oldest 2 are girls so they're little brothers love playing with their toys. I don't see anything wrong with letting a boy play with a baby or Barbie doll. However, I dislike Bratz dolls for any of my kids.
@kgwat70 (13398)
Here is a doll that any child could play with or hug.
@bhchy1 (6052)
No..I wouldn't let my daughter play with them either. They do make better dolls for children some directly aimed for little boys..One is called My Buddy..is pretty cool...they can practice buttons and zippers etc.
@bhchy1 (6052)
Sure..to him it's just a toy of a person..he can identify with it. They makes dolls specifically for boys now days.
@DeenaD (2688)
While I wouldn't buy a doll for a boy, I think a lot of little boys might be living in houses with older sisters, and they might end up playing with their sisters' toys. I see no harm in this, although I would hope a little boy would be interested in more than his older sister's Bratz dolls.
@ebberts (786)
I don't feel there is anything wrong with boys playing with dolls. My boys played with dolls when they were small and it didn't hurt them any, They grow up have children, and then get to take care of the real thing.
Im not sure on that. I have 3 nephews and youngest got babied a lot and he is 5 years old. He loves Dora. He fussed at his grandma because when she took him to store to get a shoes for school, he picked up the Dora the explore tennis shoes. It little bit strange for 5 years old boy to wear the girls tennis shoes. I personally would not let my son play with dolls unless he is playing with his sister or cousins or friend for short amount of time.
@chalmette69 (3011)
I see nothing wrong with it my sister has 3 boys and her middle child likes to play with dolls. He also likes football and wrestling. I think it is fine, if you notice as long as they like other boy activities too.
@mamashane (1140)
My son DID play with dolls of all sorts when he was younger. He has 2 older sisters & he played dolls with his sisters all the time. He also played with "boy" toys. He is now 11, in the 6th grade & now into video games, motorcycles, football, ect. & has interest in girls. He's on the phone almost every day with girls, he does have "crushes". He now has a 4 year old little sister, he's her "protector" & he often plays dolls with her. He'll play barbies with his little sister to keep her occupied for me while I'm busy or just so he can spend time with her as he likes to spoil his little sis. Anyways, he's a pretty normal kid even though he's been blessed with 3 sisters. He spends alot of time with his dad doing boy stuff. Alot of boys play with dolls when they are young, it doesn't mean anything, it's just dramatic play. If they don't play with them at home, they will be playing with them at pre school!
@mamashane (1140)
Any by the way... all of my daughters have been known to play with trucks & boys toys. My older girls are into sports, climbing trees & often have been tagged tomboys. It's all a part of childhood in my opinion!
sure as long as its not his lol
@breezie (1249)
Why does it matter if it is his or not?
@shilpa28k (1738)
Doll - Doll
Ya why not what harm in it. He is a child and if he is plyaing with doll so what. I don't thing any wrong on it.
Well, I wouldn't allow my child, regardless of gender, to play witht the Bratz dolls. I do have a son who's a toddler. He has two female cousins right around his age, so he comes in contact with a lot of girl toys. I have a picture of him wearing a pink headband and carrying a purse. My hubby hates it, but I think it's so cute! So I really don't have any problem with him playing with "girl" toys. It's gonna happen anyway, so I'd just have to get used to it.
I just wanted to add to this-- Today my husband came into the living room with a frown. He said the kids (6 and 4 year old girls and 5 year old boy) were in the bedroom playing. The girls were playing with the wrestlers and our son was playing with the Bratz dolls. He was kind of confused and disturbed by it. I thought it was kind of funny that they traded. Yesterday I found my 4 year old daughter playing with the Bratz and the wrestlers together. It was cute.
@Jamdin (110)
Yes, I would let my son play with a "girlie" doll. I would rather see them actually play with one instead of popping heads off them.
@utsadetti (4593)
yeah, i think so.
barbie doll they look gorgeous and so sexy you know my kid will be like me he will enjoy everthing around him and ask me dad if you want new girl friend you can take mine ...if you dont mind...and i happly accept.
@Dolcerina (3380)
• Hungary
Ciao! I have a son. When the children plays with dolls (or teddy bears) they learn the behaviour! This is very important! They copy that they see in their milieu. If you do not let him to try to communicate with dolls you keep him back in growing. If he likes barbie, you should let him to play with it. I do not see any problem with it. AND I suggest you do not care with others if they do not like it. Your son likes it.And this is the most important.