What should be done with obese people who practically take up 2 seats on flights

@jbb316 (1779)
Should they be made to pay for 2 seats?
@polemical (199)
Maybe the larger passengers could skip a vacation and invest the money in a personal trainer, gym or fitness club membership and get into shape. not fitting into an airline seat is a good indication that your heart, lungs and body in general is being worked way too hard, which has been proven time and again to cause a drastic reduction in lifespan. See the article "Obesity Cuts Lifespan by Up to 20 Years" here: http://www.healthnewsexpress.com/Articles2002/ObesityCutsLifespan.aspx
How can you say that everyone needs a vacation and you may not be large but I bet you have a vice that will also cut your life span. nothing is safe now and if they are happy then let them be
Yes I'm a smoker, which will cut my lifespan for sure. I also quit for several days every week or two, i.e. actively trying to stop. I know it's difficult to stop any habit (eating, smoking, whatever), but at least people should try to value their lives more. It's no excuse to say they need a vacation too. Millions of people don't take vacations, because they spend that money on helping those around them. I think walking down the street even 50 pounds lighter - for an obese person - and seeing the change in reaction by the general public would be uplifting to their spirits too. they'd get to see their hard work rewarded, much as me not smoking would reward my life by increasing my lifespan, and no longer being shunned by those who avoid second-hand smoke.
@Spheria (181)
No, the engineers should have thought of that before hand, by making them adjustable.
@rohit55_56 (2301)
yes.......i think you r write....
@Artsimba (1335)
No, the people who make planes should take out the seats and put wider seats in to allow everyone to be more comfortable.