Blu-Ray is positive or negative?

@Waiter (835)
Italy
Overview The name Blu-ray is derived from the blue-violet laser used to read and write this type of disc. Because of this shorter wavelength (405 nm), substantially more data can be stored on a Blu-ray Disc than on the common DVD format, which uses a red, 650 nm laser. In comparison to HD DVD, which also uses a blue laser, Blu-ray Disc has more information capacity per layer (currently 25 GB, but test media is up to 33 GB). However Blu-Ray discs are expected to be more expensive than HD-DVD discs, at least initially. Sony has released 50 GB recordable BDs and will soon be releasing 50 GB rewritable discs.[1] The Blu-ray Disc is a similar format to PDD, another optical disc format developed by Sony (which has been available since 2004) but offering higher data transfer speeds. PDD was not intended for home video use and was aimed at business data archiving and backup, although currently it is gaining popularity as a HD video format medium and PlayStation 3 medium. The UDO format is aimed at similar purposes. Blu-ray is currently embroiled in a battle format war against the HD-DVD disc. For you is positive or negative? For me 50 GB are very very very much!!!
@kiba16 (1017)
i think positive because i love sony and beacuse they have a lot of GB.
@camo26 (1419)
Blu-Ray Discs - hmmm i think we may see more of these in the future lol
Im not to sure im for this as we aint really got anything to put on them at the moment have we? or at least nothing worth spending £15-20 for a disc and thats not mentioning the price it would cost for the burner. I heared that SONY are to put out a massive order on these to be made by almost every Disc factory they can get which in turn will cause a shortage in normal production. I think i am against it at this moment in time but hey if they figure out how to make games SOOOO good that they need this kind of sized disc then why not sounds ok but untill then WHATS the point:p Thanks for taking up this subject your about the only other person i know about bar from me and my friend that i have spoken to or heared of these discs Hope you have a nice day:p
@Waiter (835)
Yes your photo is the true photo of this Disc! But I think that this Disc will carry only problem above all for P2P user!!
@camo26 (1419)
yeh i think your right :p am i right in saying that SONY already have the PS3 ready to take these discs or is that a myth right now im sure i heard this somewhere. Do you know ??
@shyam4uall (1003)
I think blue-Ray is a Next generation device which will leave a mark in the near future... A sof now there are not much of the devices with blueray compatibility so there is not much hype about it...but when it gets all over the market it will be a great boon in the media of storing devices... For more informations one can visit these sites... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc www.blu-ray.com