Do you wear a weight lifting belt ??

@minxy67 (2709)
If you do, you could be doing more damage to your back than good, i used to wear a weight lifting belt at work because i used to lift heavy parcels, 7 months ago i slipped a disc and was told at the hospital that wearing a weight lifting belt had weakened all my muscles, so instead of helping me the belt made things worse.
@sexymuma (1261)
no sorry i do not but i sometimes need a belt to hold up me jeans,;)xxx
@minxy67 (2709)
hehehe I know that feeling. xxxxxxxxx thank you for your response. :)
@vikceo (1301)
nope fortunately i do not have much weight and i do not need such support. really you should be careful while using such things.. and better ask a physcian or physitherapist for such issues.
@minxy67 (2709)
I have seen all of those people you mention and I am having surgery in mid january, that is why I wrote this discussion to warn other people about the dangers of wearing a weight lifting belt. Thank you for your response.:)
Be careful.Don't wear a lifting belt again.
@minxy67 (2709)
Thank you for your response I won't be weight lifting again, I am not able to lift weights anymore, I have an operation on my back to remove the disc in the middle of january.